What happened to Never Compromise?

Spivey

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
Tried to check out their website for some putter info - domain is available for purchase!

What happened to this company? And are their putters still worth anything?

Thanks.

They were owned by Cleveland/Srixon

but they didn't have anything at the PGA show other than the Smart Square and Classic putters

Tried to check out their website for some putter info - domain is available for purchase!

What happened to this company? And are their putters still worth anything?

Thanks.

Bought out by Cleveland and finally killed - all putters will be Cleveland putters I believe. Ebay prices, if that is any measure, have tanked. I loved the feel of the early gray and black ones!

Huge bummer if they were killed. I've lusted over the Connoisseur Perfecto and Dinero Mogul for a while now.

I guess they finally compromised. :alien:

They were owned by Cleveland/Srixon

but they didn't have anything at the PGA show other than the Smart Square and Classic putters

Bought out by Cleveland and finally killed - all putters will be Cleveland putters I believe. Ebay prices, if that is any measure, have tanked. I loved the feel of the early gray and black ones!

Just a small correction.
They were purchased by SRI.

When the new changes took place at HQ, it was decided to focus on the Cleveland line (putters) by SRI rather than have a 4th brand in the lineup, since it falls into their short game goals and they have some VERY cool things coming.

Just a hunch, but I bet we see some really excited THPers with something coming soon from this group.

I guess they finally compromised. :alien:

You-Win-an-Internet.jpg

Shame, I love the Sub-30 insert, and I always liked the designs. Still, makes sense for Cleveland/Srixon to consolidate.

Off to e-bay for some shopping.

Too bad, I thought the milled lines were really good, their insert putters never seemed to hit the mark and hurt the brand it seemed.

They always held a special place to me, a crappy never compromise ncx ray Putter was my first purchase after I got hooked on golf.

I've had my putter for a long time now and have tried new products but always go back to the Never Compromise VooDoo Daddy :thumb:

Shame, I love the Sub-30 insert, and I always liked the designs. Still, makes sense for Cleveland/Srixon to consolidate.

Off to e-bay for some shopping.

Too bad, I thought the milled lines were really good, their insert putters never seemed to hit the mark and hurt the brand it seemed.

They always held a special place to me, a crappy never compromise ncx ray Putter was my first purchase after I got hooked on golf.
I'm curious if that "technology" still exists within the umbrella of SRI? I don't think it would be outside the realm of possibility to see the sub-30 insert; or the milled faces transition into Cleveland putters.

I'm not familiar with the sub-30 insert. How does it compare to what's in the Smart Square? That's one of my favorite inserts.

Shame to hear about NC. I have a Robusto that's beautiful. I always wanted to try one of their "Sub" lines.

I've been using a NC for a few years and I love it.

The Dinero Tycoon was a quality flatstick. Games it for about a year before discovering SeeMore.

I owned a Sub 30 type 20 that rolled great. I gave it to a friend when I got my Betti. Best feeling insert I ever owned. They were beautiful putters and it is a shame that they are no longer being made. Perhaps their tech and craftsmanship will reappear as Cleveland putters.

I'm not familiar with the sub-30 insert. How does it compare to what's in the Smart Square? That's one of my favorite inserts.

Similar. They incorporated the tech that was found in NC into much of their new Cleveland lines.

Similar. They incorporated the tech that was found in NC into much of their new Cleveland lines.

Sad to hear about them 'compromising,' but this is really good news.

I dont see it as a negative I guess like a few others. A parent company bought a smaller company (that parent already had 3+ other brands). The company had some lines ready and they rolled with them for a few years. Decided to merge them into one of the other brands that specializes in short game. Seems like it makes sense. Just my thoughts however.

I dont see it as a negative I guess like a few others. A parent company bought a smaller company (that parent already had 3+ other brands). The company had some lines ready and they rolled with them for a few years. Decided to merge them into one of the other brands that specializes in short game. Seems like it makes sense. Just my thoughts however.

I think some view it as a loss of a premium putter company. Cleveland is making some solid flatsticks but NC had a gamut of classic shapes with various necks, etc.

I think if Cleveland would have kept a bunch of those shapes that people were accustomed to and just rebranded them as Cleveland then it wouldn't be seen as much of a loss with the same product available.

I think some view it as a loss of a premium putter company. Cleveland is making some solid flatsticks but NC had a gamut of classic shapes with various necks, etc.

I think if Cleveland would have kept a bunch of those shapes that people were accustomed to and just rebranded them as Cleveland then it wouldn't be seen as much of a loss with the same product available.

Did they lose many of the shapes? I can think of a couple, but not too many.
There is some irony there because when they launched, more than half the people said they were too expensive. So they made similar shapes in the Cleveland line and they got passed over and ask for NC back. It is interesting how price plays a role in terms of quality perception.

I completely agree, I just was drawn to NC because of their flashy looks. (There, I said it) I guess the disappointing thing for me is that I can't see Cleveland continuing those visual designs.

Did they lose many of the shapes? I can think of a couple, but not too many.
There is some irony there because when they launched, more than half the people said they were too expensive. So they made similar shapes in the Cleveland line and they got passed over and ask for NC back. It is interesting how price plays a role in terms of quality perception.

It will be interesting to see what Cleveland rolls out in the coming year, but past Cleveland milled putters didn't have nearly the "character" the NC line did. Just two totally different lines of putter imo.

Doesn't mean Cleveland won't incorporate the NC type putters into their line.

I think it was necessary, and honestly, smart.

You now get the same shapes, in a more affordable package with just as good of quality. I think many got caught up in the flash of the final iteration of NC.

did they compromise? :p

Back