FW Wood off the Deck

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you hit your fairway wood off the deck during a round? On average.

Probably 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe once or twice at the most. Although I can go many rounds without hitting it at all

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Once maybe....usually it's 2u

Once or twice at most.

On average probably once or twice per round.

I would say a max of 1-2 times. I love hitting the Heavenwood from the deck.

Last edited:
Probably 3-4 times a round.

Usually all four par 5's and on our longest par 4 if I don't get an average or better drive on it. So 4 or 5. 4 wood. I try to hit the 7 wood whenever I can justify it. Love that club. Usually a couple times, but I've been doing 3/4 swings on some par 3's with it (but with a tee).

Really depends... Off the deck is really only in play on a longer Par 5 (500+), and only if I've found the fairway. I would say less than once per round on average.

Probably around 2 to 3 times depending on the par 5s on the course

During the THP Bridgestone Championship, I used my 3W maybe twice. Usually I it's about once every few rounds.

At my home course, a max of 5 times. On other courses, it depends on yardage I'm playing, but, probably around six.

Edit: I play only a 4 wood.

A couple times maybe, on longer courses.

0-1 times.

Probably 10 or more times. i am shorter off the tee so it requires me to have a good second shot that still has distance.

Maybe once or twice, and I'd say it's typically my 5w over 3w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once. Maybe.

1-2 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on the layout of the par 5's I would say four times at most. Throughout the year I've probably average twice per round. I used to steer away from fairway wood from off the deck but I've found one I'm confident enough to do it with.

Usually the 7w once, maybe twice if I hit a bad drive. The 3w maybe once, or at least tempted to hit it. The lie usually dictates if I even want to try it, and then the green complex second.

Once or twice maybe. But not rare at all to not pull it, deck or tee.

Maybe once every 4 or 5 rounds. I use it almost exclusively off the tee.

Back