Callway Apex 3H & 5H Seem Different

spaceace414

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought the Callway Apex 5H back in early summer and love it. The ball has such a great sound coming off the face and love the flight. I bought this club at Golf Galaxy.

A month later I bought the Apex 3H off of Ebay from a highly ranked Golf vendor. The club is used although looks really nice.

My issue is that the ball sounds different coming off of the 3H. The grip is different too, but that is not a huge deal. The shaft is the same.

I am just worried that this could be a fake or something. I am not sure how to tell exactly. The ball flies long and I am happy with the club. I just don't like that it does not have that particular "click" when I hit the ball like I do with the 5H.

Anyone else have both of these clubs and can comment on this?

Do not have the 3 but have a 4 and 5 and have not noticed any difference in sound / feel in those two.

I have the 3 and 4. The sound varies depending on where I strike on the face. I wouldn't worry about it

I have the 3 and 4. The sound varies depending on where I strike on the face. I wouldn't worry about it

Good point. I certainly hit the 5 much better overall. Probably the extra length of the club is changing my impact on the face.

Aren't the club heads different sizes at each number? If so that could account for some amount of sound a variation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 5h and 3h. I find impact sound and feel to be identical which is what I love about the club.

Sound does change depending on impact on the clubface though. I wouldn't be worried.

Back