Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how everyone communicates with their friends, family and colleagues. And how often. I find I talk with my family more than I text. I try to text my friends just to let them know what's up. Most of my colleagues are phone people.

I prefer texting but I understand not everyone does. It can be impersonal but it only takes a second. I try to hit my friends up a couple times a month but it gets old being the only one, so that's thinning out. I hope communication doesn't become a lost art. How do you communicate?

Friends - Text/Email
Family and colleagues - Call/Email

Speaking to people is becoming a lost art imo.

With most of my friends I text. With family I text for quick things and call otherwise. I have no problem with either method though.

I only call my parents.
I'll text and call my siblings and closest friends, more text than call though.

Normally I will call. I will text but only one or two short sentences at most.

Just wondering how everyone communicates with their friends, family and colleagues. And how often. I find I talk with my family more than I text. I try to text my friends just to let them know what's up. Most of my colleagues are phone people.

I prefer texting but I understand not everyone does. It can be impersonal but it only takes a second. I try to hit my friends up a couple times a month but it gets old being the only one, so that's thinning out. I hope communication doesn't become a lost art. How do you communicate?

Through work, unless I'm trying to walk someone through something, I'll typically initiate with email. I have to cover my tracks anyway, so it eliminates a step.

Family is usually a call, although there's decent variety on that one.

Friends - Mostly text based. Easier to have long drawn out yet entertaining convos.

Call for mom exclusively.

5the rest is all and any form, text, call, email,smoke signals it doesn't matter.

I talk with family and friends the majority of the time. I'd say I typically text with most friends, it's just quicker and easier and enables us to communicate more often.

I usually call my parents and text all of my friends.

If it is a friend that I haven't seen or talked to in a while I will give them a call.

Text, and for the most part, I hate it. Seems more and more something that could be accomplished in a 30 second phone call turns into a five minute back-and-forth text conversation.

I prefer text for the simple stuff... call for the "chatty" stuff.

Texter. Big time. I use consistently less than 200 minutes a month on my phone.

Mostly talk with my parents with some texts for quick things. Most other people is usually text with an occasional call

I'm a texter for sure, and a chronic emailer at work!

Family is mostly phone calls, friends is mostly text. Work is a combination of email and calls, but some texting on occasion.

My parents live up in Canada...I try and call them daily, if even for a couple minutes. Being a parent myself now, it would break my heart to not be a part of my kids lives when they get older, even if it was just a simple phone call to check in and say 'hi'.

i very rarely text. Mostly my wife if anyone. I still prefer a phone call, or email if it's not practical

E-mailing and texting are my main source of communicating.

I find I'll call if there is something that needs immediate back and forth communicating, but if it doesn't then I like having the detail of my conversations saved for me, especially for work.

For family and friends it really just depends on the situation. Most communication with my sisters and bro-in-law are done via text (unless it's time-sensitive then it's a phone call), and most communication with my mom is via phone.

Texting is easier, quicker and for something brief.

I call my wife and others who I need to say something drawn out to, or if it is important.

I text if it's something not important or just a short convo. Otherwise call for advice or business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I text. I only call my wife and mother.

text if it can wait, if it is a social call , phone. if it is business related, phone.

A combination of all.

Friends usually text.

Regular job mostly email a little text

Family, mostly call with some the t thrown in.

Basketball/radio stuff...mostly text and email. When attributing a quote, it's still seems weird to say......said Coach Smith via text.

Family = phone calls

Co workers = phone/email

Friends = Tapatalk

Back