Fairway wood shaft in driver?

kuyaariel

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello. My brother just gave me a new Quadra Fire Type D FW shaft. It's 55g. I should have enough length to get it to 45".

Have you guys tried using a fairway food shaft in a driver?

Would you guys do it?

Anything is worth a try. May work out great for you. Worse case, you go back to the shaft you are currently using.

I play my Ping G 10.5* with a Matrix Red Tie that came out of a cobra F6 3w. I play my drivers at 43.5" so a 3w shaft is a perfect length. Matter of fact any time I demo a new driver I grab the 3w shaft off the demo rack and chuck it in.

Still looking for opinions on this.

Its an uncut, 55g shaft. I'm not extending anything since I can get 45" easily. In fact, I plan on using this in my new Fusion Driver and play it at 44.5" And with it being 55g, it's not a heavy shaft. I'm not worried about swing weight.

I play what is considered a fairway shaft in my driver - an 80 gram Diamana D+ White. I use it because I needed something heavier to take the spin down with the head I'm currently playing.

It's really a band-aid and I should be playing a lower spinning head, but I haven't had the time/money to deal with it. But the 80 gram shaft serves my purpose and plays well overall. I just don't get as much carry/total distance as I would with a better fitting head/shaft combo.

Is it .335 diameter tip shaft ?

If Yes, why not u give it a try ...., I think it will be fine.

I bought a shaft to try for this purpose too. I'll report back with findings tomorrow. What do you have to lose, just the money of changing the shaft?

Dave

I have rogue I/O from an 816 3w that I currently play in my 12.5 degree driver. I like it as a second diver. I also carry the 3w head in my bag if I want that in for the round instead.

I have rogue I/O from an 816 3w that I currently play in my 12.5 degree driver. I like it as a second diver. I also carry the 3w head in my bag if I want that in for the round instead.

I'm thinking of trying this soon. Was my reason for buying the 13.5* GBB driver head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back