Fairways
Putts
Greens

This is all guessing but here we go:

Putts per round
Greens in regulation
Fairways in regulation

Putts per round (avg 32)
Fairways in regulation (avg 35-40% getting better)
And greens is a distant third. (Only avg 3 per rounday, sad)

Clear order here for me

1. FIR - Ive been hovering at between 60-70% for most of the season so its definitely my biggest strength and advantage.

2. Putts/round - im at 1.7 for the season but Im pretty streaky on the greens. Need to find more consistency.

3. GIR - My area of biggest needed improvement. I hit 50%, and although my short game is greatly improved, I need to hit more greens to score consistently.

Putts per round. Because I am chipping on a lot because of #3.
Fairways hit.
Greens. Miss most.

I dont keep any stats, so just an educated guess but for me

Putts
Fairways
Greens

1. Putts per round
2. FIR
3. GIR

I putt pretty damn well (at times), and usually know where my ball is going off the tee, just not far enough to do anything with it.

Putts Per Round (34 per)
FIR (just below 50%)
GIR (3 per round)

I went with GHIN's 'Averages/Similar Golfers' to see how I relate to others around my cap in those three areas. It confirmed what my gut was telling me; I'm better than average hitting fairways and greens but putt like crap.
1. FIR: I'm at 50.8%, I should be 26.5%
2. GIR: I'm at 30.7%, I should be 25.2%
3. PPR: I need 35.8, I should only need 33.7

Putts per round
faiways
greens

Putts Per Round: I rarely 3 putt
Fairways in Regulation: I'm usually in the fairway. It might be just past the "forward" tees but it's the short grass nonetheless.
Greens in Regulation: Work in progress. It has helped that I swapped out my long irons for some that hold the greens better.

Gir
Fir
Putts

FIR
Putts
GIR

1. Putts per round - tend to miss greens but get up & down more often than not. Average anywhere from 26 - 32 putts per round ... anything around 26 or lower & I'm doing well.
2. GIR - I'd like to think I can improve here once I get the time to work on my game ... Oh wait, forget that ... No time! Maybe 12/18 on a great day.
3. Fairways - have been hitting the driver well as of late ... maybe 10/14 on a good day

Putts
GIR
FIR

Last few rounds have seen my putting go crazy, knocking seemingly everything in. Like most, I hit more fairways than greens in a round, but when I miss a fairway, I miss big and my home course is crazy unforgiving to missed fairways.

Fairways in Regulation (78%)
Putts Per Round (31.2) Should be better!
Greens in Regulation (39.9%) Usually close on the misses--I'm blaming the irons. LOL

Tough question. I would have to say putts, fairways, greens. Although this order could change at any moment.

1. Ppr
2. Fir
3. Gir

Fairways
Putts
Greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putts Per Round
Fairways In Regulation
Greens In Regulation

Last 20 rounds stats

GIR 55.1%
PUTTS 32-36
FIR 45.6%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game golf keeps track of these for me, so I can say (with some confidence):

1. Approach game
2. Fairways
3. Putting

This is a bit skewed since one of my weekly leagues is on a short track which leads to lots of wedge second shots.

In terms of strokes gained I'd rank things:

1. Tee game
2. Approach game
3. Putting

And, if there were a couple of other categories I could put in between #2 and putting I probably would :D

Putts
Greens
Fairways

FIR 78%

GIR 20%

PPR 32.63 / 2.17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New segment coming to THP for some fun threads and conversation is called THP Rank This.

We will continue it with a fun way to take a look at what we do well on the course
Rank these in order of what you do best

Fairways in Regulation
Greens in Regulation
Putts Per Round

Give us your take on what order these three things work with in your golf game.

I record all 3 every round. I'm a data geek at heart but stopped tracking trends because I don't play enough and spend too much time at work.

I'm usually in the low 30s with putts. Cant seem to escape 1-2 three putts/round. Despite that, putting is probably the most consistent part of my game
I'll hit 6-7 fairways a round. That's not bad (for me) and my misses aren't usually too bad....I only experience a rare OB or lateral hazard requiring a drop anymore.
My biggest problem is executing GIRs. I'm just really inconsistent with the irons the past few seasons. Way too many instances of a gorgeous drive that ends up as a double because I blade it over the green or send it left/right and end up in trouble after my 2nd shot. (arggggg!)
The ole' MP52s gotta go. I'm not getting the distance I should, and my swing just isn't consistent enough for the level of forgiveness of those clubs. I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I need to go to a game improvement club so I just picked up a set of C200s yesterday and will work on getting them dialed in. Hope this helps my game.....I'll supplement with some lessons.

look forward to the stats thread. good idea.

Back