Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the comments Jman. The stuff I traded in (5 items) we're in pretty good shape too. I would like to think that I take care of my gear but there are things you can't avoid like the usual bag chatter and the occasional beat up range ball that scratches up the face just a tad. I would say that all my trades were about a 6 out of 10 or greater and that's probably lower than most would rate.

I have traded in stuff with them at least 5 or 6 times and never had a problem.

Pondering selling/trading my SLDR and Big Bertha Alpha to get a new driver and fairway wood. I'm not getting any consistency with the BBA and the SLDR's sound, and occasional knuckleball hooks, are driving me crazy. So I'm considering:

XCG7 or XCG7 Beta
Cobra Bio Cell Plus
J40?

Also, if I had the $$, and a wife that wouldn't kill me, I would snap up the Z745 irons and the Srixon driving iron. I hit those this morning. Wow.

If I was going for a new driver right now, I'd be all over the 915D2. The XCG7 / XCG7 Beta are supposed to be great and look awesome, but I haven't hit them. XCG6 is LONG though, and very low spin.

Anyone have an experience with Adams V4 Forged irons?

Pondering adding a 3-4 Bio Cell hybrid but instead got my amp cell irons cut down. So there went those funds. But rather have fitt clubs first which is more important.
So still pondering the Bio Cell hybrid.
Then I putted with the Bridgestone true bal putter and the Scotty Cameron putter (go low?)
Loved both but doubt I will ever get a Scotty Cameron putter.

I emailed global golf asking if they would have the new Bridgestone lineup availlable on 2/1 the release date. The answer I got back was ..the person in charge of sales is out of the office until 2/2 and we cannot confirm that we will be carrying the new Bridgestone iron line. Please check back on 2/2....I have $700 with the trade in bonus but I dont know what I would buy if they arent going to carry Bridgestone. So now I might be pondering something else but I dont know what.

I emailed global golf asking if they would have the new Bridgestone lineup availlable on 2/1 the release date. The answer I got back was ..the person in charge of sales is out of the office until 2/2 and we cannot confirm that we will be carrying the new Bridgestone iron line. Please check back on 2/2....I have $700 with the trade in bonus but I dont know what I would buy if they arent going to carry Bridgestone. So now I might be pondering something else but I dont know what.

Ugghhhh...that sucks.

damn that sux...i know you want the DFs in the bag asap

The bonus runs through March 1st.

Anyone have an experience with Adams V4 Forged irons?

It's been awhile, but I've hit them. They were fine to me. Nothing really stood out. I know there is a thread somewhere with thoughts from those that had them in the bag, though it's not huge iirc.

The bonus runs through March 1st.
Yes but the way the emailed sounded from whoever responded was they weren't sure if they would be carrying the new Bridgestone lineup at all. I dont mind waiting but will be upset if they decided not to carry it.

"Unfortunately, we do not have an answer at this time if we are going to carry the Bridgestone line of irons on our website.

The Gentleman in charge of sales is out of the office until Monday, February 2nd, which is obviously after the release date.

I apologize I do not have a definitive answer at this time.

Please check back with us on Monday, February 2, 2015 for more information."

"Unfortunately, we do not have an answer at this time if we are going to carry the Bridgestone line of irons on our website.

The Gentleman in charge of sales is out of the office until Monday, February 2nd, which is obviously after the release date.

I apologize I do not have a definitive answer at this time.

Please check back with us on Monday, February 2, 2015 for more information."

I do find it amusing that apparently only one person there knows if they will carry or not.

According to Josh Kinchen, Global Golf will not be carrying the new Bridgestone line. I asked on Saturday at Bridgestone U. I'm sure that is subject to change.

It's been awhile, but I've hit them. They were fine to me. Nothing really stood out. I know there is a thread somewhere with thoughts from those that had them in the bag, though it's not huge iirc.

Yeah I found the thread but didnt see any real feedback. Can get a brand new set for $125. Kinda just want something to mess around with but wont be replacing the Apex.

Yeah I found the thread but didnt see any real feedback. Can get a brand new set for $125. Kinda just want something to mess around with but wont be replacing the Apex.

If I was going to buy old Adams irons it was be the A4's. Those are some sweet looking clubs.

According to Josh Kinchen, Global Golf will not be carrying the new Bridgestone line. I asked on Saturday at Bridgestone U. I'm sure that is subject to change.

I believe it was Elliott that said Bridgestone was negotiating with a bunch of people to see who would carry their lines. PGA SS was signed up. Like you said subject to change. I imagine if people show enough interest they might change their mind.

He also said PGA SS would have the biggest display/presence & the top 10 Golfsmith stores in terms of sales across the country. Not sure about any other retailers, but those two I remember.

If they dont carry them then Im thinking XR pros will get a hard ponder.

And the srixon 545

PING Glides it will be, for me, then if that is the case.

PING Glides it will be, for me, then if that is the case.

You were going to get those regardless, we both know it.

You were going to get those regardless, we both know it.

Nah, I was all in on the J15's, but I have to be self funding now more than ever, and those funds are lined up with Global, so it be what it be sadly.

I do think they're beautimous as well though, so thats cool.

I think it is weird that GG wouldn't sell Bridgestone? Is it inventory issues? I mean they drop ship from golf companies occasionally so I wonder why they cannot do that with these?

Dang, there goes that J15 ponder. Will still happen eventually but dangit, that would've been too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back