Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedges have to happen soon. I'm Hopkins'd out.

I've been looking at hybrids now that I'm rebuilding my bag, so I've been demoing a few over the past couple weeks. Today for some reason, I grabbed a demo 2014 Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi from the rack with a steel XP105 shaft in it. The first thing I noticed is that it's not as long as a typical hybrid and is the same length as my 5 iron. I took it out and hit a few shots and while it doesn't have the distance that the graphite shafted hybrids have, it actually flies the distance I need from a 5 iron, hits like a 5 iron, but is stupid easy to hit.

So now I'm thinking about buying it tomorrow to replace my 5 iron. They have the 4 as well in stock, so I'm pondering buying both.

#cookie special no longer working?

Just mentally over it and the Jman wedge too, can't put my finger on it, but its likely just the power of the brain and wanting shiny

Just mentally over it and the Jman wedge too, can't put my finger on it, but its likely just the power of the brain and wanting shiny

HAHA too funny. I have a Dev/THP wedge, and Anabelle wedge and Renee wedge. My wife is always mad at me when she see's the Renee wedge in the extra bag.

Face off: J15 mb vs Vapor Pro. Have fun buddy! :angel:

Vapor Pro's are one of the best I've hit but the looks kind of kill the romance, I know it's trivial but that font is fugly.

Vapor Pro's are one of the best I've hit but the looks kind of kill the romance, I know it's trivial but that font is fugly.

I read this sentence and all I kept thinking about is the joke about the gorgeous girl that pees standing up...If you catch my drift.

Good thing the font isn't on the club face or I could see that being a problem haha. Numbers don't lie, if you can find a place to compare them see who wins the fight

Good thing the font isn't on the club face or I could see that being a problem haha. Numbers don't lie, if you can find a place to compare them see who wins the fight

Gonna be hard to beat the numbers with the Vapor pro, they were better than the Mizuno's and the smash with a 5 was at 1.36 which he said was near perfect. If I can hit them off grass that will be the real test, the leading edge is pretty sharp on those dogs and I can get a little diggy with that type of edge. We'll see but I don't see myself going with another set of blades, I don't have the time to practice like I used to. DF too.

I read this sentence and all I kept thinking about is the joke about the gorgeous girl that pees standing up...If you catch my drift.

Drift caught lol....

J715 driver, maybe j815...will be including these in the driver fitting. I am really liking the j715 hard to stop thinking about it

MacDaddy 2 tour grinds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking at hybrids now that I'm rebuilding my bag, so I've been demoing a few over the past couple weeks. Today for some reason, I grabbed a demo 2014 Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi from the rack with a steel XP105 shaft in it. The first thing I noticed is that it's not as long as a typical hybrid and is the same length as my 5 iron. I took it out and hit a few shots and while it doesn't have the distance that the graphite shafted hybrids have, it actually flies the distance I need from a 5 iron, hits like a 5 iron, but is stupid easy to hit.
and
So now I'm thinking about buying it tomorrow to replace my 5 iron. They have the 4 as well in stock, so I'm pondering buying both.

I picked up the 4 Fli Hi when I was playing a set of JPX 825s. It's one of my favorite clubs. Really easy to hit, and gaps in perfectly with my current iron set, so I've kept it in the bag.

Yahtzee....I took advantage of the GlobalGolf 140% trade-in bonus promotion last night and picked up some new gear.

Let's just hope my experience with them goes well as I have read some older responses (pre 2013) in which people didn't have such good luck.

Yahtzee....I took advantage of the GlobalGolf 140% trade-in bonus promotion last night and picked up some new gear.

Let's just hope my experience with them goes well as I have read some older responses (pre 2013) in which people didn't have such good luck.

Experience with who? Global golf?

A bunch of folks here have used them recently for trade in (including me), and I don't think anyone has had an issue. They can be a bit slow, but they're swamped with trade ins like Callaway was when they did the 2-for-1. Even when they've had issues with orders I placed (they forgot a headcover once), they were quick to respond and fix them.

Yes sir.

I take it your experience has been good in the past by the way you worded that! Is this true?

I have bought tons of stuff from them and never had an issue. What did you get

I have bought tons of stuff from them and never had an issue. What did you get

Went with the Odyssey 2-ball fang putter. My biggest concern is the trade-in credit process. I've read that people have gotten tons lower than the quoted trade-in price and that some people never got credited once their clubs we're evaluated by Global Golf.

Went with the Odyssey 2-ball fang putter. My biggest concern is the trade-in credit process. I've read that people have gotten tons lower than the quoted trade-in price and that some people never got credited once their clubs we're evaluated by Global Golf.
Ive had no issues with the quote payout twice now FWIW. But my stuff is also in good shape, many issues I've seen had to do with beat up clubs or not entering iron set sizes correctly etc

And be aware it can take up to 10 days for them to credit you

I have traded in several items and never had an issue with them giving me lower than their stated value.

However, it can take ALOT longer than 10 days.

Appreciate the comments Jman. The stuff I traded in (5 items) we're in pretty good shape too. I would like to think that I take care of my gear but there are things you can't avoid like the usual bag chatter and the occasional beat up range ball that scratches up the face just a tad. I would say that all my trades were about a 6 out of 10 or greater and that's probably lower than most would rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back