Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Got my 60 degree in, looking forward to testing it out on Monday.
vh7oeo.jpg

ok please help me here....how did you get a different color and customization.

ok please help me here....how did you get a different color and customization.

I usually do my own work, but I had to have a buddy do the paint on this one for me. I still did the stamping.

I usually do my own work, but I had to have a buddy do the paint on this one for me. I still did the stamping.

Mark me down for being a sinner...cuz I am extremely jealous lol.

I Desperately want one of these in a 64* I think a specialty wedge would really help me out, and the high toe is amazing. also, having the grooves all the way out to the toe looks amazing. i want it bad

Played this for the first time today, due to traffic, I was a bit late and didn't get a chance to warm up. First hole and I was short sided in a deep bunker, couldn't see the hole, hit my shot and the first thing I noticed is the height the ball came off with. Heard it hit the pin and it stopped six inches from the hole. My second shot was a plugged bunker lie and the club went right through the sand and popped the ball up and out with ease. Liking everything about it so far.

This is awesome to hear dude! I am looking forward to putting one through the paces. Have you used it on full shots at all yet?

Played my second round with this today and it was as good as the first. Such a great club. The biggest thing I have to say about it is you really have to go after the ball aggressively and not be afraid to hit it. I had some shots today that my playing partners thought was gonna go flying across the green but nope just grabbed and stopped. Out of the bunker was just great too. The only thing I had problems with were full shots I lost distance with it over my CG15 Cleavland. All in all this was one of my favorite purchases this year. Just plain old fun and a true conference booster.

I got to hold one of these in my hand at Golf Galaxy today, and I'm a BIG FAN of how they look. To my eye, the rounded leading edge is a non-factor in my hand at address. I think the picture of it on the Callaway website made it appear more rounded than it really is. I did nothing other than waggle it, but it feels really good in my hands. The big toe and all those grooves are funky looking, but they scream "easy to hit" to me.

At one point, I had picked up the PM Grind and an RTX CB 2.0. The PM Grind had the stock KBS Tour-V Wedge shaft, and the RTX had the stock DG shaft. To me, the RTX CB felt much heavier in my hand. I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, just an observation that stuck out to me simply carrying them around the store--as I've hit neither.

I got to hold one of these in my hand at Golf Galaxy today, and I'm a BIG FAN of how they look. To my eye, the rounded leading edge is a non-factor in my hand at address. I think the picture of it on the Callaway website made it appear more rounded than it really is. I did nothing other than waggle it, but it feels really good in my hands. The big toe and all those grooves are funky looking, but they scream "easy to hit" to me.

At one point, I had picked up the PM Gring and an RTX CB 2.0. The PM Grind had the stock KBS Tour-V Wedge shaft, and the RTX had the stock DG shaft. To me, the RTX CB felt much heavier in my hand. I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, just an observation that stuck out to me simply carrying them around the store--as I've hit neither.

when you make a decision, let's get together some night and do some short game work.

when you make a decision, let's get together some night and do some short game work.
You are on. I was all set to buy it today, and the 45 holes I have planned for tomorrow and Thursday would've been a good test, so it'll happen soon--there's always tomorrow at lunch.

This is awesome to hear dude! I am looking forward to putting one through the paces. Have you used it on full shots at all yet?

Hit a 3/4 shot, which is as hard as I hit a wedge and loved the flight. I was able to keep it down and it hit and spun just enough to be controllable. Messed around with some flop shots and was very impressed, hit a full swing shot that went straight up and landed about five yards in front of me, not sure when I may need that, but good to know it is there.

Hit a 3/4 shot, which is as hard as I hit a wedge and loved the flight. I was able to keep it down and it hit and spun just enough to be controllable. Messed around with some flop shots and was very impressed, hit a full swing shot that went straight up and landed about five yards in front of me, not sure when I may need that, bit good to know it is there.

All of this excites me. Glad to hear you are having some early success.

You are on. I was all set to buy it today, and the 45 holes I have planned for tomorrow and Thursday would've been a good test, so it'll happen soon--there's always tomorrow at lunch.

Did I just see u quoted in a Callaway ad talking about a ball in Golf Digest?

Did I just see u quoted in a Callaway ad talking about a ball in Golf Digest?

I saw that, too. Pretty rad, Pete.
Myself, amsmith61 (Aaron Smith), and Lord Byron (Byron Kuhn). All three members of the most recent Grandaddy event where we were given the opportunity to put that ball in play prerelease before anyone else.

And yes, I think that is very cool.

Thats sick

Jay got back from PGASS and placed an order for my apex irons 4-gw, a Mack daddy 2 tour grind 56 bent to 55 and a PM grind 60*

I hit both these and the rotex 2.0 wedges. And feel wise the Mack daddy's shined through.

Should receive everything in 1-2 weeks with the custom grips and lie angles.

Look what just showed up on my doorstep today!

PM1.jpg
PM2.jpg

Play first full round with mine on Sunday. As stated by others don't be afraid to go after them. I was only in 2 bunkers and got up and down from both. I really like the weight and feel. Our sand is not packed but not fluffy either and it cut right thru it. Used to 60 a bit more. When I didn't go after it I left it short. From the deep rough or tight collars I had no problems get under the ball and getting it to stop. Great height and soft landings. All in all very happy with them. Remember to go after them.

I've not been able to find it in this thread, or any pictures. The grooves on the PM wedge, are they the same type of grind as the MD 2's or the MD 2 Tour Grind? Ie: the larger grooves, the laser milled micro grooves, etc...

Thanks,

Dan

I've not been able to find it in this thread, or any pictures. The grooves on the PM wedge, are they the same type of grind as the MD 2's or the MD 2 Tour Grind? Ie: the larger grooves, the laser milled micro grooves, etc...

Thanks,

Dan
They have the Mack Daddy Groves but the face has a rough but different finish than the MD2's. Still stops the ball quite well.

My local shop told me today that my 64 degree with the S300 was on back order. How can this be? Don't they know who I am? I will devote my life to telling the three golfers I know personally never to buy Callaway product again.

These have been selling really good around me locally. I really enjoyed testing out the 60*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have the Mack Daddy Groves but the face has a rough but different finish than the MD2's. Still stops the ball quite well.

Good info, thanks!

Dan

Another round with this and another round I'm flat out impressed with it. The only real miss I had with it today was on a 3/4 shot and that's because I backed it up about 3 feet. My friends just kept saying, "It's PM time". It was just another day pulling off great shots with it.

Back