Planning The Perfect Event - Your Thoughts

Something about walking a course with a caddie just sounds so appealing to me. Not many places have that anymore and let's face it. We all want that tour feeling once in our lives
I'm lucky enough to play Merion once a year. It's a great way to play. Totally enjoy it.

Planning The Perfect Event - Your Thoughts

Let all the THPers play against Finley during the competition. Not only would they have a blast it would also guarantee a #teamredemption victory.

Having experienced The King I was amazed at how well it was organized. The one thing I really appreciated was getting our driver in plenty of time to get the bugs worked out. I'm sure the learning curve is even less with the custom fitting, but maybe a quick practice round with the new set? Are there any courses open 24/7 in SD or Palm Springs?

I liked that the first post was constantly updated with the matches by GG. That made it really easy to follow along when I was supposed to be working. To improve on that maybe tables in the first post with hole by hole scores or points of each match. I realize that is a lot of information to gather, but I would think that's easier than getting lefty to show up :). Also a picture of the course scorecard so we could see yardages and layout would be awesome.
Really, you don't have to change a thing. I feel honored to be part of a community that has this and can follow along. Also personally knowing a past a future participant makes it that much more personal.

I sure hope to participate in this one year! Without having experienced the Grandaddy for myself yet (so no idea what all goes on), I think it would be cool to have multiple chances to win stuff on every hole (long drives, CP's, longest putt made, closest to center on drive, worst score, skins, etc...). Even if it's just a little something, it allows every player, regardless of ability, to get that much more engaged on every shot or hole.

I sure hope to participate in this one year! Without having experienced the Grandaddy for myself yet (so no idea what all goes on), I think it would be cool to have multiple chances to win stuff on every hole (long drives, CP's, longest putt made, closest to center on drive, worst score, skins, etc...). Even if it's just a little something, it allows every player, regardless of ability, to get that much more engaged on every shot or hole.

It would be hard in the heat of battle, since it is a competition of THP vs Callaway to do that, although being that players just received a golf bag, full 14 clubs, apparel, swag bag full of stuff and the entire trip is covered cost wise, it might even be hard to come up with prizes.

Check out the Live Update thread from 2014 event and its pretty mind blowing stuff.

It would be hard in the heat of battle, since it is a competition of THP vs Callaway to do that, although being that players just received a golf bag, full 14 clubs, apparel, swag bag full of stuff and the entire trip is covered cost wise, it might even be hard to come up with prizes.

Check out the Live Update thread from 2014 event and its pretty mind blowing stuff.

Yes, I thought that the idea might not work for this particular event because of the aspects you mentioned.

I've got to get some things right in my world, but once that's done, I'm definitely going to start trying to play in some THP events!

How about the option of the participants being able to donate the custom fitting and clubs they would win to a charity like Wounded Warrior? Major PR for Cally & THP but most importantly being able to pay it forward to those who might otherwise not be able to take part in this game we love so much.

Let all the THPers play against Finley during the competition. Not only would they have a blast it would also guarantee a #teamredemption victory.

Having experienced The King I was amazed at how well it was organized. The one thing I really appreciated was getting our driver in plenty of time to get the bugs worked out. I'm sure the learning curve is even less with the custom fitting, but maybe a quick practice round with the new set? Are there any courses open 24/7 in SD or Palm Springs?

I liked that the first post was constantly updated with the matches by GG. That made it really easy to follow along when I was supposed to be working. To improve on that maybe tables in the first post with hole by hole scores or points of each match. I realize that is a lot of information to gather, but I would think that's easier than getting lefty to show up :). Also a picture of the course scorecard so we could see yardages and layout would be awesome.
Really, you don't have to change a thing. I feel honored to be part of a community that has this and can follow along. Also personally knowing a past a future participant makes it that much more personal.

WOW! Shot fired. Love to have another go at you and hope you don't have a career round again!

WOW! Shot fired. Love to have another go at you and hope you don't have a career round again!

Finley sounds worried.....how about we all show up and have career rounds and put the ZooCrew firmly back in their cage :alien2:

Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.
As for the career round, what can I say, you bring out the best in people. You also doomed because the super villain never wins.

How about the option of the participants being able to donate the custom fitting and clubs they would win to a charity like Wounded Warrior? Major PR for Cally & THP but most importantly being able to pay it forward to those who might otherwise not be able to take part in this game we love so much.

That is a lot of pressure on someone to feel obligated to do that because of the gesture.
Already have a great partnership with Folds of Honor and anybody in this event, must have donated to that already, which is a great thing.

Finley sounds worried.....how about we all show up and have career rounds and put the ZooCrew firmly back in their cage :alien2:

You may have beaten me but whose team won? #HallOfFame #TeamPlayer

That is a lot of pressure on someone to feel obligated to do that because of the gesture.
Already have a great partnership with Folds of Honor and anybody in this event, must have donated to that already, which is a great thing.

As a once in a lifetime opportunity, I am not sure I could donate the fitting and clubs (plus it would mean having to take my current clubs with me to use in place of the fitted ones I would be receiving) as they would be very special to me, but I would be more likely to consider donating my current clubs to something like you suggest

I haven't beaten you.....yet.....but wait until December and I will head over with the rest of my THP family and I can beat you then if you want??

All you have to do is make sure I am part of the team that is going to beat you :alien:

Is it Four Times? Any truth to the rumor that Harry put DNevs in the Gauntlet so that you did not get more HOF tags than him? :alien:

Is it Four Times? Any truth to the rumor that Harry put DNevs in the Gauntlet so that you did not get more HOF tags than him? :alien:

Not true. I need fellow Zoo Crew members on a team to help me win apparently! Have to let others have a chance!

#ConspiracyTheory

Or drop a few on the green or go back to the 150 and play again. As long as your not holding up anyone. Sounds like these courses are once in a life time scenarios. Take advantage of it and get your money's worth

Or drop a few on the green or go back to the 150 and play again. As long as your not holding up anyone. Sounds like these courses are once in a life time scenarios. Take advantage of it and get your money's worth

Its free.

First, Callaway and the Zoo Crew have done an amazing job with this event for several years running! That being said, a few suggestions could include;
- Some video coverage of either the fitting/time at Callaway (obviously not with unreleased equipment) or on course action.
- A skills challenge for bragging rights or small trophy/t-shirt prize
- WWE-style hype videos, after all it is the Grandaddy of 'em all!

#TheGrandaddy Scorecard Holders!

#TheGrandaddy Scorecard Holders!

Patrick Gibbons made them... They are really nice! I'm certain I posted a picture in the G'Daddy thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK a few thoughts from my time reading the recaps and other related threads.

1. Fireball shots for all natural birdies during singles comp. (If you don't drink then dizzy bat)

2. I know its already a full fitting but something even more personal like stamping wedges with initials would be sweet.

3. Someone mentioned shared rooms instead of separate. I am seconding that mot only is it more economical but I think it brings the team mates closer together.

From following I can say it will be hard to top but what's crazy is Calloway plans in doing it. Minds will be blown and I can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OK a few thoughts from my time reading the recaps and other related threads.

1. Fireball shots for all natural birdies during singles comp. (If you don't drink then dizzy bat)

2. I know its already a full fitting but something even more personal like stamping wedges with initials would be sweet.

3. Someone mentioned shared rooms instead of separate. I am seconding that mot only is it more economical but I think it brings the team mates closer together.

From following I can say it will be hard to top but what's crazy is Calloway plans in doing it. Minds will be blown and I can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd be sober all day then :)

Its hard to think of how anything can be better than the #Granddaddy. Well... Only when Jmans being carried off the course carrying the championship belt.

But on a serious note, maybe a meet and tip or two from some Callaway pros. I'd go bananas to meet Lefty or Reed.

Back