NHL 2014-2015 Season

I'd take free tickets anyday, and will sneak my habs jersey in :alien:

Wake we need to get this man a proper jersey. Tampa also has the only Bolts jersey rule as well. No need to embarrass all Canadians with a Habs jersey and getting kicked out.

Wake we need to get this man a proper jersey. Tampa also has the only Bolts jersey rule as well. No need to embarrass all Canadians with a Habs jersey and getting kicked out.
Haha, no free tickets from me so he is safe.

Only the boxes and chase club don't allow other jerseys... My tickets aren't in either. JB rolls like that, not me.

So obviously, as far as Chase club goes, shovels yes, Habs jerseys no.

Haha, no free tickets from me so he is safe.

Only the boxes and chase club don't allow other jerseys... My tickets aren't in either. JB rolls like that, not me.

So obviously, as far as Chase club goes, shovels yes, Habs jerseys no.

He would probably try to pay you in poutine. hahaha I kid because I care.

At least JB will be happy that they can not tie any of the games...

As a lightning fan I appreciate the organization trying to get the tickets in our hands instead of other teams fans or big ticket operations.

And the jersey thing is just a silly complaint, that policy only applied to the luxury seating.

The whole thing is a joke. Who cares what jersey you wear. If a any fan wants to purchase tickets travel to tampa they should have the right to do that. I guess winning a cup about 11 years ago didn't translate to box office success. You gotta love these non traditional hockey markets. I do think the non traditional hockey markets are great for the game. These policies are petty and childish.

The whole thing is a joke. Who cares what jersey you wear. If a any fan wants to purchase tickets travel to tampa they should have the right to do that. I guess winning a cup about 11 years ago didn't translate to box office success. You gotta love these non traditional hockey markets. I do think the non traditional hockey markets are great for the game. These policies are petty and childish.

Lightning are top 10 in attendance and sell out the vast majority of our games.

Continue to be smug that your team has been around forever, we will continue to grow the sport.

We care because the jackhole fans from the NE come in here and start fights with our fans. They don't want that happening in the expensive seats.

We care because the jackhole fans from the NE come in here and start fights with our fans. They don't want that happening in the expensive seats.

still a stupid idea, anyone should be able to wear any jersey they want.

still a stupid idea, anyone should be able to wear any jersey they want.
And they can, just not in the Luxury boxes, we are only talking 1000 or so seats, the other 18000 are fair game.

It's been so overblown, it's like Elaine's Baltimore cap.

And they can, just not in the Luxury boxes, we are only talking 1000 or so seats, the other 18000 are fair game.

It's been so overblown, it's like Elaine's Baltimore cap.
Yeah, and black people had nothing to complain about, they were able to get on the bus, just not in the good seats

:alien:

Yeah, and black people had nothing to complain about, they were able to get on the bus, just not in the good seats

:alien:
I'm going to assume the alien means it is totally tongue in cheek.

Like I said, as a lightning fan, I appreciate the team trying to get the tickets in my hands instead of opposing fans or brokers.

I'm going to assume the alien means it is totally tongue in cheek.

Like I said, as a lightning fan, I appreciate the team trying to get the tickets in my hands instead of opposing fans or brokers.
I can understand your point, but i still think this lunacy is making the bolt and the nhl look bad.

Discrimination is never good

I can understand your point, but i still think this lunacy is making the bolt and the nhl look bad.

Oh come on, Discrimination?

That's like saying they are discriminating against people with local rates for golf courses, or by having dress codes.

Oh come on, Discrimination?

That's like saying they are discriminating against people with local rates for golf courses, or by having dress codes.

ok maybe it was a poor choice of words, but deciding who can or cannot sit on any section is still dumb IMO

ok maybe it was a poor choice of words, but deciding who can or cannot sit on any section is still dumb IMO
It's just a dress code, they can sit anywhere they like, just no opposing team colors in the club seats.

It's just a dress code, they can sit anywhere they like, just no opposing team colors in the club seats.

looks like we agree to disagree. I had no intention to go see that team anyway

People in northern areas don't really understand. Our region is populated with a ton of people from large, cold cities who moved here. So naturally, we are already going to have a bunch of (mostly bandwagon) Boston, NY, Philly, Chicago and Montreal fans in our arena to begin with. They already have Florida licenses, and can buy their tickets and wear their Chicago jerseys everywhere except like one club and a few suites. They can still attend in those areas. They can watch the game and even cheer for their teams. They can wear anything they want except for visiting team attire. Everyone else, Chicago fans who live in Chicago or wherever in the world, can buy tickets on the secondary market and attend the game, wearing their jerseys in 90% of the arena. It's important to keep in mind that the club and most of those suites discussed are primarily corporate and individuals aren't able to buy access there anyway, so they likely are guests of a Tampa company or group.

But think for a second. Chicago doesn't have this problem because they don't have to deal with all the fans from Tampa who want to come to the games in Chicago PLUS legions of people who are Tampa transplants living in Chicago. That's because people don't often retire from Florida and move to Chicago. It's almost always the other way around. Tampa, due to it's nice weather, has to deal with TONS more visiting fans (local transplants plus vacationers). We don't have a pool of 10 million people to sell season tickets to. We still have great attendance, but it gets annoying having to accommodate boorish visiting fans. You can thank the New York and Boston fans for ruining it for everyone.

I think its a great idea and it's only a handful of seats. Any Tampa games I have seen they appear to have great fans.

People in northern areas don't really understand. Our region is populated with a ton of people from large, cold cities who moved here. So naturally, we are already going to have a bunch of (mostly bandwagon) Boston, NY, Philly, Chicago and Montreal fans in our arena to begin with. They already have Florida licenses, and can buy their tickets and wear their Chicago jerseys everywhere except like one club and a few suites. They can still attend in those areas. They can watch the game and even cheer for their teams. They can wear anything they want except for visiting team attire. Everyone else, Chicago fans who live in Chicago or wherever in the world, can buy tickets on the secondary market and attend the game, wearing their jerseys in 90% of the arena. It's important to keep in mind that the club and most of those suites discussed are primarily corporate and individuals aren't able to buy access there anyway, so they likely are guests of a Tampa company or group.

But think for a second. Chicago doesn't have this problem because they don't have to deal with all the fans from Tampa who want to come to the games in Chicago PLUS legions of people who are Tampa transplants living in Chicago. That's because people don't often retire from Florida and move to Chicago. It's almost always the other way around. Tampa, due to it's nice weather, has to deal with TONS more visiting fans (local transplants plus vacationers). We don't have a pool of 10 million people to sell season tickets to. We still have great attendance, but it gets annoying having to accommodate boorish visiting fans. You can thank the New York and Boston fans for ruining it for everyone.

thats funny, do you think there are no fans of other teams in other areas? here in the province 90% lives for hockey, but only half of themcheer for the habs, there is just as many avalanche, bruins, leafs sens fans that there are habs fan, and they are still welcome to go watch the games whenever/wherever they want.

the bolts just look like (I say look like because I know thats not the case, but they are helping that image) they can't get a good enough crow, so they make sure to push other people from their rink

it's just bad for the image of the sport, they didn't need that.

thats funny, do you think there are no fans of other teams in other areas? here in the province 90% lives for hockey, but only half of themcheer for the habs, there is just as many avalanche, bruins, leafs sens fans that there are habs fan, and they are still welcome to go watch the games whenever/wherever they want.

the bolts just look like (I say look like because I know thats not the case, but they are helping that image) they can't get a good enough crow, so they make sure to push other people from their rink

I don't think it looks bad on them. It's only for the playoffs and they are taking every opportunity to add to the home ice advantage. If someone doesn't like it they can sit elsewhere and still have great seats.

Sure, other people have to deal with it. But nobody deals with it more than warm weather teams, particularly in Florida.

I'm confused how it looks like they can't pull a crowd if they are turning down customers. If they were struggling to pull a crowd I would think they would be in no position to turn money away.

Back