What Was Your Best Achievement Last Season?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
In the spirit of having good thoughts for the upcoming new season what was your best achievement last year?

averaging 34 putts/round

I pretty much stayed healthy for the whole year.

I shot 74, 5 times, on two different courses.

Then there was B of A stock (BAC) I bought real cheap.

Those are a few of my achievements for 2009. :clapp:

We had horrible weather until Mid-July, and I had some medical stuff come up Mid-September. 2009 basically didn't exist in my golf world.

Took 2nd place in the Tucson City Amateur in my flight. My first real competitive golf tournament. Won my Men's Club Championship (Low Net) and got an eagle on #18 (par 5) at Arizona National Golf Club.

Watching my Daughter go from shooting between 110 and 120 early in the year, to shooting an 89 her second last time out.

Kevin

Some great accomplishments folks! Mine was shooting a one-under 59 on a par 60 course (also my first eagle during that round).

Claire, I hope 2010 is much better for you!

Shooting a front nine 33 (-3), my best 9 holes ever. Held it at 3 under until #12. Ended up with a 76, my best round of the year. :clapp: One of the best things about it was that I was playing with the course's head pro.

Didn't really think I had any good achievements this year until I answered another thread. I hit over the green at a higher rate than any other year. I was still short of the green more often than not, but I consciously tried to take one more club last year.

Mine was getting my handicap under 20 finally. I flirted with breaking 90 a few times this summer as well.

Congratulations Gas. I had maybe half my rounds under 100! (Maybe half?) Disappointing after my great (for me) 2008 when I didn't have one round over 100 and several in the 80s. 2010 has to be better.

Congratulations Gas. I had maybe half my rounds under 100! (Maybe half?) Disappointing after my great (for me) 2008 when I didn't have one round over 100 and several in the 80s. 2010 has to be better.

It will smalls just like I will go from breaking 100 12 times to at least 28 times hopefully at least 1 out of every 2 rounds per week so it would make it at least 28 times this year '08 3 '09 12 '10 28.

This may sound kind of lame, but it was my first year golfing...

My greatest accomplishment was scoring my first (and only) par of the year. I worked hard all summer to get that dang ball in the hole in 4 shots. It was actually my second-to-last round of the year.

Finally turned my pushy fade into a nice controllable draw

I shot a 45 for 9. 8 Bogeys and 1 dbl bogey, on the hole a bee stung me. My index is 35.2 or so, so breaking 50 for 9 is a big deal and i did it 4 times. The 45 was the ultimate in consistancy though, for me.

Holed out for an eagle from 100 yards. 3/4 pitching wedge that spun back and dropped in the hole.

Nothing wrong with remembering, and placing a degree of importance on one's first par. I don't remember the dates, but I do remember the golf course, and the holes where knocked in my first par, and birdie. Unfortunately that golf course is long gone, which is really too bad. I remember all my great "scoring firsts" when it comes to golf. :clapp:

Broke par and 70 for the first time in a round.

Congrats to all who have achieved what they wanted to, and Good Luck for the people still pushing for their achievements.

Mine for 2009 was my first legit eagle...174 yds out with a 5 iron. Hit it where I wanted(just wanting to get it up on the back shelf of a 2 tiered green), the ball bounce twice a curled into the cup! My game fell apart after that shot (adreneline wouldn't turn off).

Breaking 100!

and one perfect 265 yard drive.... I am sure I'll never see that again.

To actually start to play golf :good:

This may sound kind of lame, but it was my first year golfing...

My greatest accomplishment was scoring my first (and only) par of the year. I worked hard all summer to get that dang ball in the hole in 4 shots. It was actually my second-to-last round of the year.

Ain't nothing lame about it at all; we've all got to start somewhere. I just picked the game up last July; I needed a new hobby after getting rid of the ex, and my first par was my best achievement as well...it was on the 7th hole at Stambaugh Municipal Golf Course; one of the strangest holes I've ever come across. a street runs right through it and you tee off right in front of a fence...kind of nerve-wrecking for a beginner who's worried about slicing the ball into traffic...

But hell, I was so proud of it I saved the ball and scorecard...

Last edited:
Man, I wish I had saved my ball too! Didn't even think about it in the excitement.

Btw, I know what you are saying about being nervous. The only time I pull the ball is when there is a road or house on my left. :banghead:

Back