Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

This sounds like a neat toy. I'll be interested in the details. Thanks for input in advance!

I'll be watching this for sure.

Best investment I've made in non club golf related items. I've used Arccos for 25+ rounds and love the accuracy, the stats keeping and the ease of use. The only tie, on my wish list is GHIN compatibility to enter rounds automatically into GHIN.

Skim alert!
Do you get one of the sensors for every club except the putter?

Two things I'm curious about is 1. Battery life on the phone since it's using an app to communicate with the sensors. 2. How does it handle short shots (pitches,chips, 1/2, 3/4, etc)
I also just recently bought Arccos and played a couple rounds with it last weekend.

Battery life on the phone is no big deal. It uses a fair bit, but they claim about 50% battery life. I have an iPhone 6 and saw significantly less than that. At the end of the day (not just the round, the whole day) my battery wasn't significantly more drained than it is on a heavy phone usage day.

It recognizes short shots no problem, but one thing to be aware of is they'll be included in your average distance for that club. So if you do a bunch of 50yd pitch shots with say a 9i, it's going to come up with a shorter-than-normal average distance for your 9. I haven't figured out yet if there's a way to override that.

I will say that if you're taking lessons, it's a super handy tool. I played Saturday and Sunday then had a lesson on Monday. I logged into the website on my coach's computer and showed him the stats from my round. He was really impressed with all the data there. He wants to see it again after a few more rounds so he'll have a better idea of my strengths and weaknesses. Instead of him just relying on me telling him what I think my weaknesses that need work are, he can see the data for himself.

Very curious to hear what you think of this Ward. This system sounds pretty awesome and a great way to get to know your game really well.
Any idea if/when an Android version will be released?

I own Game Golf and will not shell out more cash for Accors, just too expensive for me, but I do have some questions:
Are there extra sensors available? For example if I need to chip, can I register a chip sensor or will it register the club I am using?
Can you track yourself on a map?
Does it keep score for you?
Can you edits shots after a round?
Does it automatically know what course you are on?

The price does not scare me off for everything they are giving you, but with no Android support it's not even an option for me.

I'm a gadget guy...will wait for reviews before I think about getting something like this. Looking forward to the updates.

Definitely looking forward to this review! looking at something like this sooner or later. Could be a fun little toy to work with

I love this tech. While I won't be gaming this anytime soon, I like where it is heading. Really interested to see where it goes in 2-3 years.
I wonder if they will just start imbedding something inside the actual clubs so there is no add on.

I have andriod so I went with Game Golf and so far I think it's great. Still forget to tag the clubs some times but its an easy fix and its legal on course, I can't imagine Arccos will ever be conforming without removing features from the app which makes it hard to justify the extra $200.

I own Game Golf and will not shell out more cash for Accors, just too expensive for me, but I do have some questions:
Are there extra sensors available? For example if I need to chip, can I register a chip sensor or will it register the club I am using?
Can you track yourself on a map?
Does it keep score for you?
Can you edits shots after a round?
Does it automatically know what course you are on?
  1. No extra sensors. It registers the club that you are hitting.
  2. It does track you on a map as a blue dot.
  3. It keeps score and is very accurate.
  4. You can edit shots before, during and after the round. However, all the round editing has to be done from the iPhone.
  5. It does know what course you are one. When you start a new round it locates the closest course.

Are there extra sensors available? For example if I need to chip, can I register a chip sensor or will it register the club I am using? It will register the club you are using.
Can you track yourself on a map? Yes, during your round you see the satellite map of the hole you're one, plus when you review the saved round later on your phone or their website it shows you a map of each hole and draws your shots on the map.
Does it keep score for you? Yes, automatically. I check mine to make sure it didn't miss any putts, but that's one of the biggest reasons I got it.
Can you edits shots after a round? Yes, you can edit shots any time.
Does it automatically know what course you are on?Yes, based on GPS. You can download the maps ahead of time if you know where you're going to be playing, or download them when you get there as long as there's a data signal for your cell phone, or wifi you can use. If you have the map downloaded, you just fire up the app, it auto-detects the course you're at, and you tell it what tees you're playing from and what hole you're starting on, then click "Start Round". You don't have to look at your phone at all after that if you don't want.
Answers above.

Here is an example of how the club distance data is displayed. The tabs at the top show you the other graph options available for club data.

I got the ARRCOS system last October (pre-ordered) and did a mini-review in the training aids section: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Golf-Statistics-System-Review&referrerid=1510

Initially I was non-committal about the system, but after a few rounds and then working on the weaknesses revealed with my Pro, I'm convinced it is a great way to focus your practice. I haven't had much of a chance to use it since November (knee surgery and course closed in December), but should get a chance to use it this weekend. The customer service is outstanding, and I've had several dialogues via email with them. Since I'm stationed in Germany, not many courses are added here yet, but I emailed yesterday for the course we are playing Saturday and it will be ready to go tomorrow for download.

The only time I have to manually edit is when someone taps back a gimme. I don't use the gps during the round since I have a Laser and a specify app for that.

You can buy extra sensors if you want more than the 14 that come with the system.

Can't wait to see your review mward. Enjoy.

Definitely see this in my future. Always annoyed when I forget to track this type of data on the course. For me, it would help me to understand my shortfalls and practice routines.

I also just recently bought Arccos and played a couple rounds with it last weekend.

Battery life on the phone is no big deal. It uses a fair bit, but they claim about 50% battery life. I have an iPhone 6 and saw significantly less than that. At the end of the day (not just the round, the whole day) my battery wasn't significantly more drained than it is on a heavy phone usage day.

It recognizes short shots no problem, but one thing to be aware of is they'll be included in your average distance for that club. So if you do a bunch of 50yd pitch shots with say a 9i, it's going to come up with a shorter-than-normal average distance for your 9. I haven't figured out yet if there's a way to override that.

I will say that if you're taking lessons, it's a super handy tool. I played Saturday and Sunday then had a lesson on Monday. I logged into the website on my coach's computer and showed him the stats from my round. He was really impressed with all the data there. He wants to see it again after a few more rounds so he'll have a better idea of my strengths and weaknesses. Instead of him just relying on me telling him what I think my weaknesses that need work are, he can see the data for himself.

thanks. this is what i was thinking would be the case and if there was a way around it.

It's going to be cold and windy (two things I hate the most), but I have a round scheduled for tomorrow to test this out.

It's going to be cold and windy (two things I hate the most), but I have a round scheduled for tomorrow to test this out.

At least you can see the grass... We have at least 2 ft of snow on the ground...

Back