Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

I wish these were available in Canada. I desperately want to hit a Bridgestone club.

7d3627f70f260358954e92a3be4ab41d.jpg

First action and I am loving them. Launch is great and on cleanly struck shots I am seeing added distances.

7d3627f70f260358954e92a3be4ab41d.jpg

First action and I am loving them. Launch is great and on cleanly struck shots I am seeing added distances.
Added distance over dpcs or CBs?

Can't tell you the last time I hit a 4i 230. #SIMGolf

Got mine today, and will try to get some additional pics up tonight. First impression I'd they are about a quarter of an inch smaller than the DPCs, and I can hear the click people are talking about, but it doesn't bother me, and that is in an enclosed space.

One thing I hadn't read is that these have some additional heel relief similar (but to a much smaller degree) than their wedges, and the DFs don't have the beveled leading edge like the DPCs and I believe Dan said the J15 CBs have. Hitting into a net so can't gauge distance, but there is some good feedback on mishits, so I'll have to tighten things up a little.

Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

Impression after my first time swinging these.

On mishits you know it.
Based on SIM I had distance increases.
Easy to hit from 4-PW.
Depending on set up, usually with 4i & 5i the red accent on backside of club can be seen.
I didn't notice the clicking sound. Even asked Alek and he couldn't hear it.

I will provide a more in depth write up either later this evening or tomorrow.

Man Bridgestone is killing it. Those look fantastic. Thanks for the feedback mmaynard! Great pics.

They look fantastic, not helping my decision, lol. can't wait for more input.

These are gorgeous! Bridgestone with some serious game this year

These were truly my favorite iron in the Bridgestone lineup, excellent performance for the 30 or so swing I took and great looks.

Only thing I don't like: calling them "driving forged". Makes me think it's a single long driving iron.
Nope its 8 single long ass irons that make up the set.

Highly anticipating the delivery of these! Not sure if the yellow grip is for me but that can be changed easily if I find I don't like it.
My green lamkins will replace the yellow TVs.

Not even much difference compared to my J40 CB's.

Amazing how they packed so much tech across all of the J15 lines, but look so similar.
I found the difference to be drastic. Thinner top line, less toe and shorter from top to bottom.

Beautiful irons....

I found the difference to be drastic. Thinner top line, less toe and shorter from top to bottom.
Comparing the two in person, I'm leaning towards this than saying they are close. Difference is noticeable for sure heel to toe at address.

Definitely my comparison was just looking at the DPC's and face size. All other aspects the difference is very drastic.

I can't wait to see how this interact with real turf.

Man, those look great Matt! So many of their lines look awesome this year!

Impression after my first time swinging these.

On mishits you know it.
Based on SIM I had distance increases.
Easy to hit from 4-PW.
Depending on set up, usually with 4i & 5i the red accent on backside of club can be seen.
I didn't notice the clicking sound. Even asked Alek and he couldn't hear it.

I will provide a more in depth write up either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'd agree with most of this. You could definitely feel when you mishit, and the distance loss might not keep you satisfied. Good distamce, but not as good as my Speedblades, which didn't surprise me. Pretty easy to get in the air with mid irons. Long irons still baffle me. Got good distance out of long irons, but I wouldn't expect to hold a green easily.

Nice looking clubs. Thanks for letting me hit them Matt!

Oh I forgot to add that these irons were about 1/4 to a half inch longer than the Bridgestone irons Matt had in the bag. I forgot what he was playing at the MC.

Wow they look great. Bridgestone has really brought it in the looks department this year. I keep thinking about these irons, I need them.

My green lamkins will replace the yellow TVs.

100% yes to this.

I liked the look of these clubs at address my only downfall was not putting any truly great swings on them and also seeing significant performance increases in the DPFs so I had to go with those.

Using Tapatalk

Great looking irons Matt. They have such a solid lineup from top to bottom with the J15 clubs. As much as I like the looks of all them the j15 cast might be the most realistic for me. Possibly the DPF. Can't wait or demo them.

Back