2015 Farmers Insurance Open Thread (Spoilers)

I'm glad you referenced Herm Edwards instead of yourself with regards to going for it in two hahahaha
Back in the day I could.

Now it has to be a par 5 380 yard hole

Well done Jason Day!

Great to see Day win. Here's hoping he can stay healthy and achieve the echelon of golf that many people see him attaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball game.
Should have went for it on 18 in regulation jb.

As herm Edwards says you play to win the game

Agree with this. He'll probably be questioning that decision tonight. But, his plan was to hit the shot he hit on the first playoff hole and didn't get the suck back.

Great win for Jason Day. I'm thinking he's going to have a big year. Holmes should win this year as well. He played some great golf and looked in control until the end. Maybe the pressure got to him.

That was a great event, congrats to Jason he played well.

Congratulations to Jason...can't wait to see if he can stay healthy and have a big year.

Local cbs screwed me out of the last playoff hole. Glad Day won.
Me too. Fortunately I found it streaming. Good for Day. He's one of my favorites.

Interesting coincidence...I switched my Global Golf order from Srixon Z545's to Taylormade RSi2's yesterday, and then a Taylormade staffer beat a Srixon staffer in the playoff. Is that a sign?

Interesting coincidence...I switched my Global Golf order from Srixon Z545's to Taylormade RSi2's yesterday, and then a Taylormade staffer beat a Srixon staffer in the playoff. Is that a sign?
Nope, because JB Holmes doesn't play any Srixon clubs (only Cleveland wedges and zstar ball) . If he did he would have won ;)

Holmes also plays a TaylorMade driver...no?

#back2white #brandrecognition

Oddly enough with the whole club thing...Callaway staffer Harris English was playing a Ping G5 3 wood this weekend. Interesting with all the hype about modern equipment that a top tour pro whips out an 8/9 year old 3 wood and had the lead most of the time. I fully understand that if you're as good as these guys, and basically never miss the sweet spot, that it might not effect too much...but it's still interesting that nothing Callaway had in their entire tour van was better for Harris than an old Ping G5.

Oddly enough with the whole club thing...Callaway staffer Harris English was playing a Ping G5 3 wood this weekend. Interesting with all the hype about modern equipment that a top tour pro whips out an 8/9 year old 3 wood and had the lead most of the time. I fully understand that if you're as good as these guys, and basically never miss the sweet spot, that it might not effect too much...but it's still interesting that nothing Callaway had in their entire tour van was better for Harris than an old Ping G5.

I still game my G5 5 wood with a steel shaft lol not comparing myself to Harris, just can relate to "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That's my go to club

I still game my G5 5 wood with a steel shaft lol not comparing myself to Harris, just can relate to "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That's my go to club

Loved my G5 irons. It was a pretty solid line all around

I still game Taylormade Rescue Dual hybrids with the steel shaft. They just work for me.

You guys know they moved the playoff to the golf channel.

I think pens commented at the time he doesn't have cable so he couldn't continue watching. I know someone said that. I think it was him.

Back