DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just measured my on my deck 6". It's slowing down now so we should stay under 7" for the day

14" in Emmitsburg. I hate winter!

I shoveled a path to get to my garage for the soul purpose of getting beer and we have at least 7 maybe 8 inches of snow. Nice ice sheet under it also

Got a good 8 inches or more down here in Southern MD...Maybe we'll get to play before April...
I've got a trip to Myrtle Beach April 5-12 and I was hoping to get a few rounds in as a warm up.
Why is it that winter wants to hang on longer every year?

Got a good 8 inches or more down here in Southern MD...Maybe we'll get to play before April...
I've got a trip to Myrtle Beach April 5-12 and I was hoping to get a few rounds in as a warm up.
Why is it that winter wants to hang on longer every year?

The next couple weeks are supposed to warm up and hear the end of the month will be cold.

The next couple weeks are supposed to warm up and hear the end of the month will be cold.

The April 1 demo day at Arundel may be chilly. And no doubt will showcase a lot of rusty swings the way we've all been kept away from the range and course.

We'll need a least a week of no precip after all this melts so the courses can dry out and be playable.

The April 1 demo day at Arundel may be chilly. And no doubt will showcase a lot of rusty swings the way we've all been kept away from the range and course.

yep. I need to figure out a way to be there. That's a school day for me.

Any snow in the VA Beach area?

Agreed!

Never seen this before, but what a great course to be able to play!

Got a tee time for 8:10am at TPC Potomac with a good friend. I can't wait for August 10. Anyone played there? If so, how was it?

Anyone ever use Jim Estes at Olney Golf Park for instruction? If so what are your thoughts.

i have not used him or heard of him. i did go check him out after seeing your post. seems like an effective instructor. Not sure how much longer you are going to be working in VA but if you wanted to take lessons on that side of the river Kathleen at Hilltop is a good teacher. one of my Andrews golf buddies uses here.

One of my friend's fraternity is have a golf fund raiser at Bretton Woods golf course in Germantown, MD. Anyone ever played there?

Hmm. Goo a take a few weeks before I know for sure. Harv to see if I get called to fill in for another position at work that would affect my work schedule. Will probably know more around end of the month

Anyone ever participate in this deal at TPC Potomac?

The deal is below.

MasterCard Gets You Inside the Game

MasterCard Gets You Inside the GameGet lessons with pros, access to TPC® Golf Courses, and maybe even a priceless surprise.

View on www.priceless.com
Preview by Yahoo

$215 includes golf, forecaddie and tip, $25 in proshop credit, and $30 for lunch/dinner.

I had signed up for that a couple years ago and it got rained out. I wasn't able to make the rain date, and was very disappointed. However, that was before the renovation. I'd love a chance to play it now afterward.

Anyone ever use Jim Estes at Olney Golf Park for instruction? If so what are your thoughts.
Kevin, MDHacker...You met him at the Arundel Day last year, took at least one maybe two lessons from him several years ago. He liked him a lot, the only reason he didn't continue seeing him was location and timing. Maybe he'll log on soon and give you some thoughts.

That said, everything else I have read about him is top notch. My only issue with the place is the balls. They use limited flight balls on the range (in order to keep balls from flying onto Georgia Ave). That is a big turn off to me, as the rest of the facility is fantastic. Especially the short game range. When I stopped in there last year one night after work, I was so disgusted with myself that I couldn't hit a 6 iron more than 125 yards, I went out and got a new set of irons....If I had only known then :)

Maybe he has some real balls that he takes down to the instruction area, but I can't say for sure.

Kevin, MDHacker...You met him at the Arundel Day last year, took at least one maybe two lessons from him several years ago. He liked him a lot, the only reason he didn't continue seeing him was location and timing. Maybe he'll log on soon and give you some thoughts.

That said, everything else I have read about him is top notch. My only issue with the place is the balls. They use limited flight balls on the range (in order to keep balls from flying onto Georgia Ave). That is a big turn off to me, as the rest of the facility is fantastic. Especially the short game range. When I stopped in there last year one night after work, I was so disgusted with myself that I couldn't hit a 6 iron more than 125 yards, I went out and got a new set of irons....If I had only known then :)

Maybe he has some real balls that he takes down to the instruction area, but I can't say for sure.
I'll find out tonight. But I know that lessons for now are in the garage section using trackman. I'll let you guys know.

I'll find out tonight. But I know that lessons for now are in the garage section using trackman. I'll let you guys know.

cool deal. good luck and am looking forward to your thoughts. i am looking at scheduling another lesson with Mark Russo this week. Somethings clicked in after i left the last one plus haven't hit balls since. might schedule mine for saturday so i can hit some balls on thursday and see where im at.

Had anyone played yet? How are the courses drying out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back