Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could always get the R flex and play it and if it feels wrong, have it tipped a bit to get a bit more aggressive. The stock shaft feels pretty responsive and I didnt feel like I was obvepowering the stiff, even swinging at 105mph.
Yeah but your a manimal. I'm more like Manbearpig. Haha Thanks Fupy Floppy

That's my other dilemma. I am right on the border of R Flex and stiff with my swing speed. I feel like when I try to get after it, I lose it sometimes because of the softer Flex but when I am just trying to be conservative and hit the fairway, the R Flex is fine. Also it may totally be in my head. Haha

Find a shaft the plays stiff to flex and get R or soft to flex and get S?

Find a shaft the plays stiff to flex and get R or soft to flex and get S?
That's kind of where I am at. I feel like the stock PX in R Flex might do the trick. I generally play lighter shafts at like 40-50 grams, so something a little heavier in r Flex might be perfect.

That's kind of where I am at. I feel like the stock PX in R Flex might do the trick. I generally play lighter shafts at like 40-50 grams, so something a little heavier in r Flex might be perfect.
Or make it stiff in the butt :)

I need wedges. One day I want Vokeys. The next day it's Cleveland's. The day after it's J15s. And then it starts all over again. *Sigh*

Do yourself a favor and check out the mizuno mp-t5s as well. The completely surprised me and beat out the vokeys and Clevelands i had in my bag.

Aeroburner driver... The tinkerer in me want to know what this one is all about.
I'm really curious about the fairway woods myself.

That's my other dilemma. I am right on the border of R Flex and stiff with my swing speed. I feel like when I try to get after it, I lose it sometimes because of the softer Flex but when I am just trying to be conservative and hit the fairway, the R Flex is fine. Also it may totally be in my head. Haha
I hate being on the border flex wise because I have to try and hit everything in both flexes.

It's lower spin, so probably not ideal for you but I've done something similar going to the tour green in R. Maybe the Fubuki at 60g? That's no up charge

It's lower spin, so probably not ideal for you but I've done something similar going to the tour green in R. Maybe the Fubuki at 60g? That's no up charge
The XR?

After hitting the tour edge M8 beta on the monitor today it is on the ponder list for sure

Apex, Recoil 680's. I need my performance review to see if I get enough of a bonus to pull the trigger. It is killing me.

Driver, was averaging 285 with it on the monitor. but the bio cell was the longest at 312 but not as consistent

Apex, Recoil 680's. I need my performance review to see if I get enough of a bonus to pull the trigger. It is killing me.

I've always wanted that setup. Hope you're able to pull the trigger.

I've always wanted that setup. Hope you're able to pull the trigger.
I have Apex with Recoil 660s and I really can't see me getting another set of irons that would be better than them. Eventually my club whoring will win out but I will never get rid of them.

I'm looking to upgrade my 3W soon. The Callaway XR 3W is officially on ponder watch for me, I like how the sole of the club is similar to the Big Bertha Hybrid (that I hit really well). I haven't hit it against my old RBZ yet, because I pretty sure I'd walk out with a new 3W and I'm not sure I'm ready to cut the cord with the RBZ just yet. But again Callaway has taken over my bag, so I might as well get it over with.

Dax

Last edited:
Bertha 3w is solid as well

I looking to upgrade my 3W soon. The Callaway XR 3W is officially on ponder watch for me, I like how the sole of the club is similar to the Big Bertha Hybrid (that I hit really well). I haven't hit it against my old RBZ yet, because I pretty sure I'd walk out with a new 3W and I'm not sure I'm ready to cut the cord with the RBZ just yet. But again Callaway has taken over my bag, so I might as well get it over with.

Dax
As 441 said the Bertha FW's are excellent. One of the easiest FW's to hit off the deck I have ever used. Check Callaway Pre-owned and Global Golf and you should be able to get a great deal.

I looking to upgrade my 3W soon. The Callaway XR 3W is officially on ponder watch for me, I like how the sole of the club is similar to the Big Bertha Hybrid (that I hit really well). I haven't hit it against my old RBZ yet, because I pretty sure I'd walk out with a new 3W and I'm not sure I'm ready to cut the cord with the RBZ just yet. But again Callaway has taken over my bag, so I might as well get it over with.

Dax

Mini. Driver.

Fly Z & Fly Z+ drivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As 441 said the Bertha FW's are excellent. One of the easiest FW's to hit off the deck I have ever used. Check Callaway Pre-owned and Global Golf and you should be able to get a great deal.

I will look at the Big Bertha 3W as well, I appreciate the feedback.

Dax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back