What are you building? (Club style)

Aaron, have you ever used the 2 gram tungsten weight squares that Golfworks sells? I have some in transit to me.

They are ok. They stick pretty well and are convenient I guess. Use them from time to time. Tape is less conspicuous though.

Anyone use a wet tile saw for cutting graphite shafts?

Have some components coming and will be doing some building shortly. Excited to give it a try after seeing what stores charge for some of this work.

RSi1 heads going on PXi 5.5 hard stepped with NDMC white. Have a few diff ferrule colors coming, not sure which one I'm going with yet.

915fd 3w going on a kai'li 70. Need to tip trim .5" and then butt cut 3w length.

Sounds fun marshall. Good luck!

I just bought one of these for $34 and some change from GW. Thanks for the info! Been wanting one for a long time but never could justify the price until you turned me on to this bargain.
Great price. That's the one I use. It works just fine for being "budget"

Bit the bullet and reorganized the basement today so I could get my workspace set up finally. Still need some shelving/cabinet, a vice and some better lighting, but I'm getting there!

53367C97-64DD-4752-A2D1-2C92BE3AAEFA_zpsia1q2mwv.jpg

Makes mine look like an occupied barn. Nice setup!

Makes mine look like an occupied barn. Nice setup!

Haha thanks. The first day is always the most organized...

Had a busy weekend.

Got my new Srixon 545 with DGS300s. Here they are...

image.jpg1_zpsqh0gcnon.jpg

Removed the grips (sold on here), and pulled the shafts (trying to sell on here), installed new Recoil 95 F3 and CP2s. Here are some after pics...

image.jpg1_zpsi4rvrls0.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsax4kmljy.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsknsydeff.jpg

Also had an Aldila Proto By You shaft laying around, so I bought a Krank Rage head to try.

image.jpg4_zpslsjrjdcp.jpg

image.jpg5_zps9uelboeh.jpg

image.jpg6_zpskcoftenq.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsqmpz395z.jpg

image.jpg8_zpssnnrrnsf.jpg

I just put together a set of Razr X Forged/MBs with soft stepped PX 95 6.5s. Trying to decide on grips but, probably good ole crosslines.

Built a 545 8 iron with the RIP Tour 115 R flex shaft. Same length as the Tours that were in there and they balanced out about the same. Would have liked to build the whole set, but I was lucky to get the 20 minutes of free time I got. Looks badass. Black/grey ferrules and a white/black multicompound grip. Test drive tonight. Going to put any preconvieved thoughts out of my head and just see what happens. First impression in hand is that it feels quite stout, but then comparing to steel that was in there it's actually somewhat similar.

Built a 545 8 iron with the RIP Tour 115 R flex shaft. Same length as the Tours that were in there and they balanced out about the same. Would have liked to build the whole set, but I was lucky to get the 20 minutes of free time I got. Looks badass. Black/grey ferrules and a white/black multicompound grip. Test drive tonight. Going to put any preconvieved thoughts out of my head and just see what happens. First impression in hand is that it feels quite stout, but then comparing to steel that was in there it's actually somewhat similar.
Rip tours are super low torque so they feel really stiff. Should be an interesting combo

Yea that's what I hear.

One thing I didn't realize is they aren't labled for flex, but instead have different colored logos. Only downside there is that the X flex is gold and the R flex is bronze. I was paranoid I got the wrong flex. Called Aldila and they were very helpful though.

Aaron, have you ever used the 2 gram tungsten weight squares that Golfworks sells? I have some in transit to me.

I would not recommend purchasing these weights. Put some on my driver and heavenwood and they were gone off both clubs after a couple of swings on the range. The adhesive was still stuck to the clubheads but the weights apparently flew off the adhesive at some point during my swings.

I would not recommend purchasing these weights. Put some on my driver and heavenwood and they were gone off both clubs after a couple of swings on the range. The adhesive was still stuck to the clubheads but the weights apparently flew off the adhesive at some point during my swings.
That sucks, but Good to know.

Grips
0cd21ebee5561839e582dab88667d02d.jpg

Shafts
640f6686f0d83a478794b4ea85176b41.jpg

Trying to decide on ferrules
ca7ffb74c685f526d4417a9d0bdea755.jpg

d7d91da3681d42c7b167a6fe3d4843f3.jpg

f339d0e2cfc31e6b98124b82477797d8.jpg

5c0fe69d86ae490e49a390da783eb1f5.jpg

Also sidenote, found out the only thing you can paint fill on the RSi1 is the iron number. Wanted to replace the red with blue on the back of the club but they are raised letters.

Tossed a old school callaway adapter on the Fuel 50 to try in the X Hot. I'm pretty much flailing away at finding a driver set up at this point blah.

Based on limited exposure to the X Hot recently, my launch numbers were way too high. So, I'll try this and open it up to drop the loft a little. Maybe the shaft will help a smidge as well.

Built the 4i this past weekend. Got the grip on tonight. Hoping to get it out to the range this weekend. If the club stays together after a range session I will build the rest of the set. Wanted to make sure I did one club right before I jumped into a whole set.

Nike adapter on the brand new white tie I have here, gonna try it out in the Vapor Pro and Speed next week. Been a long while since I tinkered with this one.

Will be removing aerotech steelfiber 125 stiff from callaway apex mb and installing in bridgestone j15 mb. Apex will receive nippon super peening blues. When all done, all clubs will hopefully have swing weight of d5

Nike adapter on the brand new white tie I have here, gonna try it out in the Vapor Pro and Speed next week. Been a long while since I tinkered with this one.

Yes!! Could be an awesome mix.

Will be removing aerotech steelfiber 125 stiff from callaway apex mb and installing in bridgestone j15 mb. Apex will receive nippon super peening blues. When all done, all clubs will hopefully have swing weight of d5

What's your station look like kang? The best of the best?!

What's your station look like kang? The best of the best?!
Just a makeshift place in my shop for me to pass the time when I have nothing else to do lol

Just built my second semi-counter balanced putter. Extended my metal-x #7 to 36in and put a superstroke Flatso Ultra 1.1 on it. The grip is a bit heavier at 85g so I added about 25g of lead tape to the head to balance it out. It takes the head to roughly 370g and helps me smooth out my stroke quite a bit. I've now got two putters with the same specs (36in long, 71* lie, 370g head and SuperStroke Flatso Ultra) but with two different shapes and inserts. It will be nice to have a back up putter built just in case something goes wrong with my gamer or it just starts acting up.

Back