UK Summer Cup 2015

UK Summer Cup 2015

Now it's my turn!
Struggling with an injury to my left wrist/thumb tendon. Just about made it through 36 holes last Sat in the Sussex Scratch knockout but it was bloody painful. Currently on painkillers for it and have a consultants appt but that's not until 25th June

I have been suffering with it on and off for about 4yrs, me thinks I should have sorted it out sooner rather than masking the pain with Jäger shots!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it's my turn!
Struggling with an injury to my left wrist/thumb tendon. Just about made it through 36 holes last Sat in the Sussex Scratch knockout but it was bloody painful. Currently on painkillers for it and have a consultants appt but that's not until 25th June

I have been suffering with it on and off for about 4yrs, me thinks I should have sorted it out sooner rather than masking the pain with Jäger shots!!

Having spoken with Doctor Lennon, he is convinced that the tendon is suffering from a lack of Jäger. He recommends that unless you are going to do a Mizuno and sever something, you should hike your skirt up and get on with it.

Harsh chap. I am thinking of changing Doctors.

However - in the meantime, I can't wait to catch up...:at-wits-end:

I kind of got a little chock of what little time there's left.. And especially since I haven't booked my flights yet (lazy bastard).. Gonna look into that this weekend.. So my travel plans will be updated next week but count me in on Saturdays warm-up round(s)!

To bad about all the injuries (faked and real) .. Especially Mizuno! Keep fighting!

I'm starting to dream of capturing the trophy this year since I'm no longer the rookie in the field!

Watch out.. Winter is coming.. In The beginning of July.. from the north east.. In a flying long boat.. Loaded with snus.. And this time the distraction of a blonde girl is not necessary!

Almdudler...

So far we have a damaged English from the northeast who is claiming full recovery of his shoulder....a midland English who seems to have chopped half his arm off and can't play, a Southern English on painkillers for a broken nail or something....

Just to even things up, as two of the Barbarian horde - I decree that you and I play left-handed:clapp:

Almdudler...

So far we have a damaged English from the northeast who is claiming full recovery of his shoulder....a midland English who seems to have chopped half his arm off and can't play, a Southern English on painkillers for a broken nail or something....

Just to even things up, as two of the Barbarian horde - I decree that you and I play left-handed:clapp:
You're not a true barbarian if you can't swing the axe with both hands!

I like it!

I know it is not in the same league of injury as Damo and Mizuno but it does really really hurt!...having a crazy 4yr old and a lunatic 2yr old isn't giving it any rest either!

....proper southern jessy!!

I know it is not in the same league of injury as Damo and Mizuno but it does really really hurt!...having a crazy 4yr old and a lunatic 2yr old isn't giving it any rest either!

....proper southern jessy!!

SLDR Driver RIP Phenom 50g (SST Pured 44.5") 11* - Weapon of choice for the Southern Jessy......

A couple of days sharing a room with a bottle of Jaeger and a bucket sound just the thing...

El B, I was at the consultant's yesterday hopefull of being signed off so imagine my surprise when he wanted to take me back in today and cut me open again!!!

Long story short is that the wound has been infected (something to do with me having exzema and the dissolvable stitches not agreeing with my skin) and he wanted to cut the whole scar tissue out and stitch me back together!!! Luckily the nurse that was in the room stepped in and she has cauterized wound (stings like a mofo!). More cauterizing (if its required) and another dressing change on Thursday. Fingers crossed this time....

First day back at work today :bad:

Geo, kids are no excuse for a sore thumb....man up ya soft git :D

Damo, that doesn't sound good...hope the golf hasn't been the reason for it not quite healing

Thanks Glenn :good:

I'm pretty sure its more do with me having exzema and the dissolvable stitches not agreeing with my skin. I get infections easier due to having exzema unfortunately :bad:

El B, I was at the consultant's yesterday hopefull of being signed off so imagine my surprise when he wanted to take me back in today and cut me open again!!!

Long story short is that the wound has been infected (something to do with me having exzema and the dissolvable stitches not agreeing with my skin) and he wanted to cut the whole scar tissue out and stitch me back together!!! Luckily the nurse that was in the room stepped in and she has cauterized wound (stings like a mofo!). More cauterizing (if its required) and another dressing change on Thursday. Fingers crossed this time....

First day back at work today :bad:

Yikes. Hold it together now boys. Fingers crossed for you all

Yikes. Hold it together now boys. Fingers crossed for you all

Been back to see the nurse today and it looks like cauterizing workd :good:

Guys, i thought i'd better give you the heads up, i stubbed my toe today. I know its not in the same league as the injuries the others are suffering from but it might affect my ability to swagger up to the first tee

Guys, i thought i'd better give you the heads up, i stubbed my toe today. I know its not in the same league as the injuries the others are suffering from but it might affect my ability to swagger up to the first tee
Love it!

Ha!

I had an eyelash yesterday. Right in my eye it was. I thought we might need to get the air ambulance.

More seriously - Mizuno is out. I am assuming that for the moment all others are looking OK. Does anyone haver a mate who might want to join in? Perhaps someone that you could split the petrol money with?

Money sent Stu

Since the ‘Four Injuries and a Wedding’ (there must be a movie in there somewhere) I believe that we now have 17 confirmed players.

The Dane, The Doc, Will_I_Dream, Geo375, Almdudler, Chas, CragRat, Strawboater, David L, Sam G, Baileys and Ice, Preston Preston, Damogean, Dirk St Moritz, Torben and me.

Shout if I have missed anyone.

Anyone not paid £140 – cough up.

Those whom have overpaid – fear not, I shall balance the books.

The Cup will be awarded as ever – for the best combined stableford over the two days. Full handicap. In the event of a tie, – scores by countback.

This year, we will also be competing for a Team Trophy – a team event over the two days.

The rules for this are quite fluid – as I have given myself a headache trying to work out a scoring system. However, at the moment it looks like this:

3 x 3 balls
2 x 4 balls

The three balls will have 2 from one team and one from the other.

Winner of the group (on stableford points) wins one point.
Second in the group wins a half point.
Third in the group wins nothing.

Any ties in the three ball are settled by countback.

The fourballs are in effect two singles matches combined.

Player A is playing against Player B and Player C is playing against Player D. 1 point for a win, half for a half, nothing for a loss.

So, 2 points will come from a 4 ball and 1.5 points will come from a 3 ball.

Day 1 order of play will be determined the Team Captains.

Day 2 order of play will be determined by scores, with the best scores going out last EXCEPT that the 4 balls will contain two from each team competing in the same way as Day one and 3 balls as 2+1.

Across the two days therefore there are 17 points. 9 required for a win.

As I warned, this may evolve and change, either due to a change of numbers or constructive input.

The ultimate authority on scores and all matters Golf will be The Dane. (He is a tournament referee)

Teams.

There are lots of different ways to do this, obviously the key being to find a way to roughly divide the teams equally. I have necessarily moved people around a bit to make the numbers work. Anglo Scots for example have been classified by residence. As Sam G is an international Man of Mystery – I have played fast and loose with his origins.

In the usual democratic way I have made a decision.:clown:

This, of course, can be challenged in the usual way – in the Kangaroo Court.:angry:

“Barbarians of the North”

The Dane, The Doc, Will_I_Dream, Almdudler, CragRat, David L, Damogean, Preston Preston and Torben

Skipper – David L

“Awfully nice chaps of the South”

Geo375, Chas, Sam G, Baileys, Ice, Strawboater, Dirk St Moritz, El Bandito.

Skipper – Geo375

First Team to reach 9 points is the inaugural winner of the Bullock Trophy.

There is a built-in bias to the North – with an extra player – but the three balls will rule out three scores per day, which should even things out.

So, Barbarians

You have an extra player.
You have the referee.
You have a past Champion.
You have home advantage.

We’re still gonna kick your arses.:banana:

Great info, Mr Bandito!

So it seems my travel plans are fixed.. I'll arrive on the shores of New Castle upon Tyne at dusk on the second day of the month (thursday).. "Nearly" direct flights was available so the Edinburgh plan is off for now..

And will take my leave with treasures and women on the night after the final battle has been won! (Monday)

Can you locals help me with some guidance, please:
1. Point me to another great venue that I must play on Friday?! If someone would like to accompany me on this quest you are more than welcome! :) Might be doing some tourist stuff that Friday as well..
Thinking of one of the courses: South Shields or Whitburn.. Close to the water might be fun! :)

2. And what course are planned for Saturday? I think I missed it somewhere! - Saw that it hasn't been decided yet..

3. Best bar that has a hotel or a table to rest beneath? Or a bed with a bar in it! Looking at Hilton downtown, reasonably fair price.. Might it be to far from golf courses?

Last edited:
“Barbarians of the North”

The Dane, The Doc, Will_I_Dream, Almdudler, CragRat, David L, Damogean, Preston Preston and Torben

Skipper – David L

“Awfully nice chaps of the South”

Geo375, Chas, Sam G, Baileys, Ice, Strawboater, Dirk St Moritz, El Bandito.

Skipper – Geo375

First Team to reach 9 points is the inaugural winner of the Bullock Trophy.

There is a built-in bias to the North – with an extra player – but the three balls will rule out three scores per day, which should even things out.

So, Barbarians

You have an extra player.
You have the referee.
You have a past Champion.
You have home advantage.

We’re still gonna kick your arses.:banana:
The Barbarians of old only had one longboat and thirst for English booze....... Just saying. :alien:

The "jurisprudence" of the Kangaroo Court might prevent a complete rout. However, I sure hope the Bullock Trophy is made out of something more robust than fine china if it's going to survive the Barbarian's victory celebration.

Pre-cup Plans.

I believe that the Danes are arriving on Friday - staying at or near the airport and looking for a game on the Saturday. I have not finalised my plans as yet.

The Barbarians of old only had one longboat and thirst for English booze....... Just saying. :alien:

The "jurisprudence" of the Kangaroo Court might prevent a complete rout. However, I sure hope the Bullock Trophy is made out of something more robust than fine china if it's going to survive the Barbarian's victory celebration.

The Northmen are indeed strong.

Not a weak link amongst them. Will_I_hook is talking of great form. CragRat smarts as his son is regularly beating him now. Three local boys speak the language, know the air and the weather. The Danes rejoice in a victory in Ireland and the Swede is warming up with two days local golf and local brew. All led by the best preshotroutine in the business.

From the South however come a team that between them has every shot. Whether the right shot can come out at the right time however is always a question. Some mercurial talents - who might follow a two with an eight and some golfing quality in the form of a true cocktail. Baileys, Ice and Jaegermeister(Geo) are all tipped to do well in the singles.

Then of course - the great equaliser. Surely the Northerners won't be crazy enough to lead at the end of day one? Nobody wants to see their golfing hopes drowned in a maelstrom of hard-hitting vodka shots while the trailing southerners sip meditatively at their sherry and vintage wine....

Sounds like you have been busy Stu, looking forward to it

As for the competition, I will happily take on the jaegermeister :D

I still don't know if I will be able to get out for the Saturday but once I know what the plans are I will be to see what I can do

Stu, I'll get the Mrs to chuck some cash your way tomorrow night when she gets home :good:

Almdudler, where are you staying?

Whitburn is a nice little course and it backs onto South Shields (which is my home town!).

Back