Needlepoint Belts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of this style of belt and the things and looks that they can offer. Not to mention the durability and craftsmanship that is involved. Anybody else a fan like I am?

Items like this

il_570xN.660701597_d7g7.jpg

I am a big fan of this style of belt and the things and looks that they can offer. Not to mention the durability and craftsmanship that is involved. Anybody else a fan like I am?

Items like this

Honestly reminds me of belts my grandpa used to wear. Not sure I'd ever see myself wearing one, just isn't for me.

I have never really seen something like this. I like the customization aspect and a durable belt is a must. Is there a local retailer you know of or an online one?

I wouldn't mind having one if I wore pants and wingtip type shoes. But it doesn't jive with the more modern type attire I wear during my rounds.

they craftsmanship of them are usually very good. Majority are just not my style though. I find them somewhat tacky.

• Admin
I have never really seen something like this. I like the customization aspect and a durable belt is a must. Is there a local retailer you know of or an online one?

Tons of them. Smathers and Branson are well known. Tucker Blair is another well known place.
Fashion is so cyclical, we are now seeing quite a comeback in this type of bespoke product, compared to the poor quality "pleather" goods that add heat and last short term.

Items like this

Yes sir I am. Have 2 Smathers and Branson belts I wear fairly often. Absolutely love them. The craftsmanship is amazing. Once the wallet from S&B comes off backorder I want I will be ordering that too

• Admin
Yes sir I am. Have 2 Smathers and Branson belts I wear fairly often. Absolutely love them. The craftsmanship is amazing. Once the wallet from S&B comes off backorder I want I will be ordering that too

They make a high quality product. Tucker Blair does too.
I would love to make a THP one, but the costs are so high, that it would be tough to do.

I can only imagine. I have looked at Tucker Blair, but never pulled the trigger on any of their stuff for some reason. Will have to give them another look

Yes! I have been looking for belts exactly like this.

I would love to make a THP one, but the costs are so high, that it would be tough to do.

THP one would be cool. I think it was my first year at the show some of the ZooCrew had an Odyssey belt and some had I think it was a Sir Issac belt.

I'm wearing stuff today that a year or two ago I wouldn't have thought I'd wear, so never say never. But at first blush these may not be for me. I appreciate the creativity and solid quality though.

Items like this

i dig it for casual wear. maybe with some trousers and loafers, or even shorts and flip-flops. but not on the golf course.

THP one would be cool. I think it was my first year at the show some of the ZooCrew had an Odyssey belt and some had I think it was a Sir Issac belt.
A THP one would be awesome!

Not exactly the same thing, but the beltology belts I had share some things with this style I think. It didn't go over well around here lol.

Mr. Harry Arnett was sporting a Merion one at the Grandaddy, really really cool. It had the little red wicker balloons on it. I like them, pretty preppy but a neat way to add some flair.

Mr. Harry Arnett was sporting a Merion one at the Grandaddy, really really cool. It had the little red wicker balloons on it. I like them, pretty preppy but a neat way to add some flair.

The one AJ bought at the Hideaway was pretty sweet looking.

The one AJ bought at the Hideaway was pretty sweet looking.
Bought and tried to donate back to the proshop? haha The Callaway marketing folks are big fans of the needlepoint.

Dang a hideaway Needlepoint would be awesome

Not exactly the same thing, but the beltology belts I had share some things with this style I think. It didn't go over well around here lol.

They share a small amount of things. Minus look and hand craftsmanship though.

Harry has a nice collection of these.

A Hideaway Needlepoint belt would be insane.

Could you change up the store model and do a pre-order with payment then only order the amount you have guaranteed payments for?

Those would go great with my favorite golf sweater.

maxresdefault.jpg

Izod made a few belts this style and I had never tried them but bought one and it ended up being my favorite belt. They are more comfortable IMO than wider belts

I've admired the Smathers & Branson belts, but never pulled the trigger. The LE belts they did for Callaway/Odyssey were nice.

Back