The Official Tiger Woods Thread

He still wins the Open Championship this year.

Time to hang it up for good. Go join Miller in the broadcast booth.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Wait until Bay Hill comes around. I have a feeling the "He was just rusty and now he is back" things will come out more often at that point.

To many times I've watched you make predictions on different things, and nobody believed what you were saying. But dude! Tiger has to be in a search and rescue mode for his game. I want to believe he can come back from all this. But Jesus his confidence has to be in the Sh!tter! He's play absolutely trash golf for a while.

Last edited:
I want tiger to contend and win, but all the press he is receiving for NOT making the cut is absurd!! How about the 2, 21 year olds, an amateur in top 10-15, etc. It's the PGA TOUR not the tiger news channel.

But to be fair, you do change your opinion of his future, like I change underwear. :D
Just two days ago you had an Augusta prediction (we share it by the way).
Yes, I have him with three wins and a major. Just didn't think I'd see what I saw last two days.

I want tiger to contend and win, but all the press he is receiving for NOT making the cut is absurd!! How about the 2, 21 year olds, an amateur in top 10-15, etc. It's the PGA TOUR not the tiger news channel.

I hear you but I disagree. This isn't just missing a cut, it is epic collapse by arguably the best player to ever play the game. It's like if Michael Jordan suddenly couldn't make lay ups and dunks and started pulling up on breakaways for 5 foot jumpers to avoid them. It's a big story. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe given Tiger's past extraordinary achievements and athletic ability, but I keep wondering if he's turning into an Ian Baker-Finch or David Duvall.

This thread has been a fun read and I find myself flip-flopping between takes here. On the one hand I simply can't believe that the legend that is Tiger goes down in a blaze of suck this tragic, but on the other hand I can't see how he's gotten this bad so fast without a major mental hangup.

I have no predictions here but I hope he wins at least 1 more major somehow just for old times sake. I don't know how he'll do it with his mid-capper short game, but I hope he does.

I'm more anxious to see how he does when he plays at Torrey next week. I think getting to a course that he knows like the back of his hand for a tournament, will do him a lot of good. While I'm not predicting he will win, especially after his performance the past two days, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

He appears to be as mentally fragile out there as most weekend Hacks like myself.

I hope Tiger makes Brandel Chamblee eat his words.

I hope Tiger makes Brandel Chamblee eat his words.
Me too, for Tigers sake. Because his short game is flat out embarrassing.

looks like its time to make the WGC Doral Top 60 in the OWGR or no Tiger, dropped to 53, could drop more come Monday

I'm more anxious to see how he does when he plays at Torrey next week. I think getting to a course that he knows like the back of his hand for a tournament, will do him a lot of good. While I'm not predicting he will win, especially after his performance the past two days, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I'm honestly so sick of people saying "wait until he gets to this course or that course because he knows it like the back of his hand" etc. It makes zero difference what course it is, if he can't hit fairways for **** and chips and pitches like a beginner golfer he's still gonna be terrible. I'd love to see him come back but can't see it happening for a long long time. He's broken and requires some serious fixing....

His fairways have not been the issue.
And FWIW, even during his biggest slumps, there are certain courses he has won at regardless.
Bay Hill being one of them. If you watched his recent rounds, you will see his issue was almost completely short game related. Off the tee he was pretty much the way he has always been. Then add that at Bay Hill he almost never has to use the driver. In fact in his last win there, he only hit it once in the final round.

Chamblee had a great comparison of Tiger chipping at the height of his powers to his form now. And it showed how off he was. I agree he doesn't need the tee game to compete and win. If he gets his short game and putting back I would expect him to win and win majors. I also think it's all mental with him, if he contends and wins a major I think we'll see a few more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His fairways have not been the issue.
And FWIW, even during his biggest slumps, there are certain courses he has won at regardless.
Bay Hill being one of them. If you watched his recent rounds, you will see his issue was almost completely short game related. Off the tee he was pretty much the way he has always been. Then add that at Bay Hill he almost never has to use the driver. In fact in his last win there, he only hit it once in the final round.

no doubt, it's golf it could all click this next time he plays or at Bay Hill. But I don't believe any of his slumps were like this, tied for last at the Hero & Phoenix

Chamblee had a great comparison of Tiger chipping at the height of his powers to his form now. And it showed how off he was. I agree he doesn't need the tee game to compete and win. If he gets his short game and putting back I would expect him to win and win majors. I also think it's all mental with him, if he contends and wins a major I think we'll see a few more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i think he needs someone like Chamble that is going to tell it like it is, he is surrounded by yes men up there in Jupiter

no doubt, it's golf it could all click this next time he plays or at Bay Hill. But I don't believe any of his slumps were like this, tied for last at the Hero & Phoenix

I tend to agree with you, but we have all seen what he can do at Bay Hill and Doral. Even in his downward spirals, he has had success there.

I tend to agree with you, but we have all seen what he can do at Bay Hill and Doral. Even in his downward spirals, he has had success there.

right now he is not even in the Doral event, he needs a good showing to get back into the top 50

I'm officially concerned. We've seen some horrid golf from Tiger over the last year but this week was just crazy to me. He is chunking and blading wedges. This is the Tiger Woods not me or some other 12 handicap weekend golfer. He has been playing since he was a kid...He has the yips and I'm not sure he is mentally strong anymore either. As much as I'd love to see Tiger win another major I'm now in the "He won't win another major" group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's safe to say, Tiger is broken. It doesn't matter what it is, he can't break oar, he can't swing the club, he can't even putt. He and his camp will fix it or spin it into something else. I hope he finds his way just like I hope DD finds his way back. Only time will tell.

Lol thought this was funny to see on my golf magazine after this week's festivities
e35f008875ddf5b33d179f5b3066bad3.jpg

Back