Opinions on wearing your hat backwards on course

I think it looks ridiculous, but I'm old school and old...........

Do your own thing.

As long as they aren't slowing me up and breaking any course rules I don't care at all

You can wear your hat anyway you want to ..... It just depends on if you want to look like a 5 yr old or an adult

Not for me on the course or anywhere else. Doesn't bother me if others choose to do it. We are who we are and try not to judge others' decisions.

I couldn't care less myself, unless there is a course rule about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't bother me. I will wear my hat backwards off the course but wear it normal on. To each their own and whatever makes them comfortable. As others say, respect the course rules and all is good

Y should anyone care?

Wear it forwards, backwards, sideways, or any other way. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I don't care unless there's a rule against it.

Sorry. I don't like it On or off the course. Does it upset me? No, so long as the individual isn't disrespecting others, the game or the course. I have run into some who did, and some who were just cool.

I'm not a fan of it. It's not the worst thing you can do, but I just personally don't like it.

Hey, if you don't mind looking ridiculous then more power to you ;)

I can't think of anything I care less about, wear what you please. I honestly don't pay much attention to anything other than what I am doing when I play golf. Sometimes to a fault...

Dress how you want. But imo, a brimmed hat is to wear with the brim over your face, as it's designed. I think you should wear a beanie or another style to give you color without the brim bothering you. :)

I don't wear a ball cap. But if I did never backwards under any circumstances. Same applies to my 4 boys. And no hats indoors.

From there on everyone is entitled to their views and style and I don't mind what you do. It's a free world.

I rarely take note of what other people are wearing. I'd be more inclined to take note of what clubs/ball they are using.

I don't see any problem with this at all....When I want to get color on my face I will just take the hat off for a few holes.

Now when its raining I will typically pull it behind my head when putting to keep the water from dripping off the bill...

As for people around me, as long as they are good people doesn't really matter what they wear IMO.

I tend to pay more attention to the equipment someone is using....

Thanks for the responses guys. I know it's a look that I don't sport off the course and I too think it looks kind of stupid, but I feel naked golfing without a hat on and I don't want to have that wicked farmers tan on my forehead like some golfers have, so I wear it backwards alot. As far as I know though none of the courses I've played had rules against it.

Wouldn't wearing it backwards all the time cause an even more pronounced tan line on your forehead?

I only ever care about what I'm doing. I don't wear hats backwards...I wear them forwards...to block the sun.

Only if I'm playing in a scramble and I've had enough beverages to where I need to focus on hitting the one in the middle. Otherwise it's just not my style.

I only wear a hat to keep the sun off my forehead, wearing backwards causes me to wonder why you would wear it at all?

I don't mind it at all after watching Trout Bum completely tear it up at the Morgan Cup rocking it backwards

Back