Do You Manipulate Ball Flight?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What I mean by that, is do you work the ball? Not just left and right, but high and low?

Yes I do if the situation requires it. Probably wedges more than anything.

Right to left and low quite often. Struggle with left to right and hitting higher than my normal shot on demand.

I am pretty good going high and low. Have not been able to do the left and right yet. Hopefully next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on purpose!

Yep, I can somewhat control my ballflight low to hi and left to right and left to right.

Only when I have to. I have a lot of shots but I'm too scared to use them unless the situation dictates.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mainly high to low, and straight to right.... if it goes left, it definitely wasn't to plan LOL.

Not on purpose, unfortunately. That's one of the goals over the next couple of years - to learn how to do that and then when to use it.

Yes, but only if the situation/conditions dictate as such.

I've gotten better at it. I know how to execute those flights and shapes. It's just a matter of execution.

Yes if needed to. I noticed that if I try to every shot it really starts to screw up my swing.

I know how to set up to flight the ball left,right , high and low but I can work the ball with some clubs but some clubs I cannot.

I can work it right to left and high or low but a fade has alway been an issue with anything less than a driver.

If anything, I'll go high and low hitting a knockdown or putting the ball up in my stance to go over a tree or something. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've tried to move the ball left or right anywhere outside the range.

Left, right, and low. Haven't really learned how to hit it higher than my stock swing. I know how to, but just haven't really come into a situation or enough situations to where I think to myself, "Wish I could hit this 8 iron higher".

I try for low and high I'm not sure about and feel like I hit a high ball already and guess I would only need higher if needing to get over a tree with an iron of some sort. Left right I have stopped trying for right now so I can work on hitting a stock shot that I want to be a small fade as my swing got out of whack after playing or trying to play a stock draw.

High and low no problem. Struggle to move it right to left. I have mastered the low slinging hook out of the woods though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very rarely do i work the ball left and right when I'm trying to, my stock shot is a draw.

I have a lower ball flight in general but i can flight it lower and i can hit it higher (not much) if i adjust ball position

Not very often. I very rarely flight left or right but high/low is a little more often. I'm unfortunately not good enough to consistently attempt it.

Do You Manipulate Ball Flight?

I stick to trying straight and normal as much as possible. I can sometimes control left to right and don't have a problem keeping it low getting out of the trees. Rarely manipulate ball flight with an open shot. Big believer of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

I try to. Left,right, high, low... what I find more often than not, just focusing on another aspect of making a shot leads me to hitting a solid clean shot that gets the job done.

depending on the situation I will try and manipulate the ball flight. Definitely left and right. I work low when going under branches and hitting into wind. Hig is generally only when I have to go over something.

I'm trying to work on manipulating the ball flight, high and low. I do not try and work it left to right or anything like that.

One question, when trying to lower ball flight, do you stay with the same club choice or club up?

Definitely. Driving into the wind keep it low. Driving with the wind hit it high. You've gotta work it around doglegs too. Though lately instead of trying to work the driver so much I might choose a 3 wood because you can hit it straighter and get good results. With irons i only work it when im in trouble typically... though on approaches i may hit a cut or draw against a crosswind so it flies straighter. You can't really work wedges left or right, just high and low... i go low into a green sloped toward me, high on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back