Do You Manipulate Ball Flight?

Yes sir, mostly my high lofted clubs. Bring it in high to a front stick, and lower for a back stick, I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do but it works.

Not super consistently. I've been working on cut shots this year as I always seem to find myself in a situation that needs it. Had some pretty decent success, now I just need to figure out the distance. High/low is something I want to work on for next season.

Heck, I have enough trouble with a straight shot. If absolutely necessary, I can hit a draw about half the time when it's needed, and hit highs and lows a bit more often than that. The strange thing is, I can't manufacture a fade even if I naturally fade the ball.

Yes. Right to left and going lower seems to come pretty easy. It's really hard for me to go left to right though, with most ending up starting left and continuing left.

I usually only attempt to do it on the course if I'm behind a tree or something. I'll only intentionally flight the ball lower if I'm under a tree or if it's a partial wedge shot.

Not always by choice...

Yes, but its not on purpose.......

I have been working on Flighting my wedges lower into greens and some 3/4 irons shots. Actually having decent success.

Flighting lower with short irons is something I absolutely have to incorporate more into my game. Right and left shots on command is not something I'm capable of right now, but don't think those are too necessary for where I'm at.

Yeah I can move it. Both horizontally and vertically but I always try to keep it straight

Not a ton of working the ball left/right or vice versa, but almost always doing something with the trajectory to fit wind conditions or pin locations etc.

Yes. I shape the ball typically only with longer clubs and knockdowns only with shorter clubs. On tee shots, giving a little shape to the ball makes me swing aggressive. Trying to hit a straight driver is asking for trouble in my experience. Close to the greens I like low shots because it's easier to control.

If something is in my way, however, all bets are off. Whatever I have to do to hit the shot I need.

If Im swinging well, and feeling confident, I will. Lately, I have been neither, so the current answer is no.

I wish I could work the ball. I have manipulated flight but not sure if it was intentional or if I just miraculously pulled it off.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I try to manipulate flight in every direction when needed...keyword is try.

Definitely high and low, not as much side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try,but sometimes my game has a mind of its own

I'll work it high/low all the time. Only purposely try to fade the ball when the time calls for it. Natural shot shape is a little bit of a draw though.

I do. I feel like I'm actually better at this than left to right normally

Under normal conditions I go high but when it gets real windy I go lower

After reading this thread. I better get to work learning this ball manipulation business. Seems like everyone is good at it.

Yes, some. Into the wind, I tend to try and hit it lower and have reasonable success.
Then I will hit the high wedges when needed since I don't spin the ball that much.

Not often. I try it on the range with limited success and even less on the course.

After reading this thread. I better get to work learning this ball manipulation business. Seems like everyone is good at it.
I was thinking the same thing! I play with a bunch of guys who are mid single digit to low double digit (6-10hdcp) and for the most part only those that are at least mid to low single digits can actually shape shots effectively. Draw or fade is a lot more common and a little more predictable.
I am amazed at how many in the mid to high categories can control their ball flight high/low etc.

i see see the same thing with driving distance, even in really good groups, you may have one guy in my experience who really can drive the ball anywhere close to 300 yards, but when polled, seems like it is a pretty regular deal.

I try to hit it straight period, have some control flighting it down but that is just ball position mostly.

I can move it higher or lower better, or, I should say, more consistently than left or right. Generally, I'm trying to hit it straight. Bad things seem to happen when I try to move it.

Back