MWard

I’ll ban you and laugh about it
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
Fine choice. But why so soon? Honest question

Huh? Go Freddie Couples if anyone. That is a strange decision for me.

Using Tapatalk

I mean if it's not Freddie or Zinger, Id be cool with DL3 back in the saddle.

I thought Freddie was the guy this time around.

I mean if it's not Freddie or Zinger, Id be cool with DL3 back in the saddle.

I'm the same mindset honestly.

I think he'll do well , he knows it well and gets it.

Cool but dang that's a early leak.

Pretty good insight when it comes to Fred:

Cool but dang that's a early leak.

It sure seems like it too. The PGA of America is obviously not confirming it, but the golf channel says it's going to happen. I updated the first post, the press conference will be next Tuesday as in eight days from now. I guess the European Tour is making their announcement in just a few days as well.

I don't like hearing this at all. I think Azinger or couples gives the U.S. Squad a better chance.

Optimist's view: DL3 would be a Ryder Cup winning captain if the European team hadn't had the day of their collective lives on Sunday in 2012.

Pessimist's view: PGA decided to choose DL3 over Couples, who has won multiple President's Cups and the players clearly adore, and Azinger, who actually won a Ryder Cup in convincing fashion in 2008 and has a proven blueprint of how to win.

Optimist's view: DL3 would be a Ryder Cup winning captain if the European team hadn't had the day of their collective lives on Sunday in 2012.

Pessimist's view: PGA decided to choose DL3 over Couples, who has won multiple President's Cups and the players clearly adore, and Azinger, who actually won a Ryder Cup in convincing fashion in 2008 and has a proven blueprint of how to win.

agree on the optimist view. The pessimist view is of course assuming Azinger wants the job this time around. The Couples part, I don't know. I would guess that would be the choice between DL3 and Freddie. Perhaps holding on to Freddie for an away match.

Im in the minority and dont think Couples is right for the job. The PC is very different than the RC.

Im in the minority and dont think Couples is right for the job. The PC is very different than the RC.
It is different. The way you make your pairings is different, the formats when it comes number of matches in a session is different, and the amount of days is different.

What does DLIII have to lose? Every other candidate has a lot to lose (see Tom Watson).

What's Love going to do? Become a losing captain?

I like the announcement.

Eh. It's fine. I'd like Azinger instead, but the players like Love and he should get the team in a nice frame of mind.

I like DL3. I don't mind him as Ryder Cup Captain again. I'm curious if there is anything else that will come out of the Task Force.

They should have selected mikedean.

#Team441

~Rock

No good.

I thought Freddie couples was good no to be the guy....is this the first step back towards the "winning formula"?

I trust JB's take on this.Also it lets DL3 do all the organizational stuff while Freddie can be the cool uncle working behind the scenes.I think it is just using our strengths which we have failed at for the last couple of Ryder Cups.

I think this is a good move if it comes to pass, Davis has a good bit of fire and I think he can get his guys fired up a bit more than Freddie would. Passion is contagious.

If the guys on the team figure out how to play better this will look like a great pick.

Back