UK Summer Cup 2015

I like to think of myself as a Golf Adventurer, happy to visit parts of courses that others would fear to tread. Or is it a case that I find myself in area's of the course that most avoid.

I'm trying to get down to 8 this year so hoepfully I'll manage that before the beginning of July

Not entirely sure, but I seem to remember spending a lot of time off the fairways for that round at Belton Woods.....I still don't know how we managed to find all of those adventurous shots of yours :D

2 range sessions managed now, back seems to be holding up so things are looking up

Just want to get my fitting session booked to look at some new irons now

What irons are you thinking of going for Doc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What irons are you thinking of going for Doc?

The Z545 or maybe Z745, hoping to have a fitting next month when we get back from Spain

I've not tried them but they are meant to be solid irons

I have held them but not swung them yet but after reading all the good things about them on here I want to at least try them

If they don't work I will be checking out the XR range I think

I have held them but not swung them yet but after reading all the good things about them on here I want to at least try them

i tried both the XR irons yesterday, solid irons, but I stuck with the berthas , much better for me.

The TM RSi's are worth a look as well, very good indeed!

Well if I head to Close House for a fitting the RSI irons should be available as well, so I have got a few choices

UK Summer Cup 2015

Well if I head to Close House for a fitting the RSI irons should be available as well, so I have got a few choices

I think I read somewhere that they are becoming a Mizuno Performance centre as well so some JPX and MP action to try

If I remember right, the last time I checked the website they listed

Callaway
Taylormade
Mizuno
Ping
Titleist

The Dane is bringing a fellow Viking. Torben is now confirmed....up to 19 confirmed with a few maybes still floating about.

Strong Nordic showing this year.

I am not sure, but would this be the most people we have managed to get together?

Would be great to get at least 1 more to make it to 20

Deposit paid :golf2:

The Dane is bringing a fellow Viking. Torben is now confirmed....up to 19 confirmed with a few maybes still floating about.

Strong Nordic showing this year.

Intresting thought: Perhaps another "team contest" is on the rise.. Best average score of all rounds between "The Viking Invaders" and the "Anglo-Saxon Defenders" wins "The Unholy grail of Ale"(somekind of trophy)..

So that once again the isles can be under Nordic command like in the years 1013-1040. (Wikipedia is a source for a lot of things! :) )

Intresting thought: Perhaps another "team contest" is on the rise.. Best average score of all rounds between "The Viking Invaders" and the "Anglo-Saxon Defenders" wins "The Unholy grail of Ale"(somekind of trophy)..

So that once again the isles can be under Nordic command like in the years 1013-1040. (Wikipedia is a source for a lot of things! :) )

Think there are more of us so feel free to take your chances..... :D

That's the fun part!
What if.. We actually win! That would be glorious!

That's the fun part!

Never going to happen!!!!! (I hope......hahaha)

On another note, the ISPS Handa PGA Championship (European Senior Tour event) is being held at Close House from the 11th - 14th June

I hope they move the pins before we arrive as I am not sure I fancy playing against tour event greens!!!! :beat-up:

That's the fun part!
Your odds appear pretty good to me. It only took a longboat or two back in 1013.......:act-up:

After reviewing the thread, it appears that Doc might be the early favorite, with his back "not quite healed" and now purchasing new irons. Though the newcomer, Damoegan, obviously understands The Cup handicapping strategy and has surgery scheduled.

I'm not sure if leading up to or the actual Cup coverage is better, though all of it is great fun to follow.

Your odds appear pretty good to me. It only took a longboat or two back in 1013.......:act-up:

After reviewing the thread, it appears that Doc might be the early favorite, with his back "not quite healed" and now purchasing new irons. Though the newcomer, Damoegan, obviously understands The Cup handicapping strategy and has surgery scheduled.

I'm not sure if leading up to or the actual Cup coverage is better, though all of it is great fun to follow.

Like any event, the banter leading up to it and the psychological warfare is all good fun because once it starts everyones plans go right out the window :beat-up:

I am off snowboarding in Chamonix next week so going to get some early Jäger training in! This is dedicated early prep so beware

Curiously, the team concept was the thing that I was looking at.

In the setup suggested, there would be at least one obvious problem.

The Scots would probably rather poke their own eyes out than side with the Anglo Saxons.

However, Anyone but England...a concept that Scots at least are familiar with:banana:

4 Vikings. 2 Scots residents, at least 2 Anglo Scots...a plan taking shape perhaps?

Curiously, the team concept was the thing that I was looking at.

In the setup suggested, there would be at least one obvious problem.

The Scots would probably rather poke their own eyes out than side with the Anglo Saxons.

However, Anyone but England...a concept that Scots at least are familiar with:banana:

4 Vikings. 2 Scots residents, at least 2 Anglo Scots...a plan taking shape perhaps?
Now that's a great idea! Do I sense somewhat of a ryder cup plan come in to form!?

Back