Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to a wedge ponder! Sheesh! I was working on my distances with my new Cleveland wedges and discovered a huge gap at the bottom of my bag. I also found that my set A wedge in my Apex should stay at home and I should play my Ping Tour Rustique. I'm going to hold off until a big demo day in March where I can demo all of the wedges out there. Ping Glide is the early front runner!

Severely pondering the J715 & J815 drivers. Oh and add those sexy satin wedges.

Come on SB squares...

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

On eBay right now looking for S400 shafts for the Apex... Just a little gun shy to pull the trigger on 8 "new" shafts for $59.99...

To keep the 5i, or to go hybrid, utility, GI iron, or altitude. That is the question.

To keep the 5i, or to go hybrid, utility, GI iron, or altitude. That is the question.

If you figure this out tell me what I should do with my 4i spot. Right now I go x2hot 4h and then 5i. I debated the Apex UT for that spot between but not sure.

I'm guessing the 5i will get me about 185 and that 4h is my 215-220 club

I played with the SC golo 5, Bridgestone true bal, and the Cleveland Classic HB 10 the other day.
I liked everyone but something about the SC just gets to me BUT I cannot at this point justify the cost (yet) lol
Since starting back playing golf a lil over a year and a half ago, this time of year, I get crazy about putters.
I am leaning on the Cleveland purty hard, unless I win the lottery lol
Shoot.....I can even do a new bag and buy the Cleveland for less than the CS.

Last edited:
If you figure this out tell me what I should do with my 4i spot. Right now I go x2hot 4h and then 5i. I debated the Apex UT for that spot between but not sure.

I'm guessing the 5i will get me about 185 and that 4h is my 215-220 club

I'm no help with you on the UT ponder, I thought they were really underwhelming and still quite penal in my time with them.

My 5i is 26*, so IF I went hybrid I would want 28* and if I went something like an altitude the 27* 6i would be the ticket to fill that distance gap.

I went without a 5i for a while and missed it. Between the need for low punch outs or to hit a layup distance I found myself wishing I had it. So I grabbed one and have been happy.

Altitude sounds great though.

I went without a 5i for a while and missed it. Between the need for low punch outs or to hit a layup distance I found myself wishing I had it. So I grabbed one and have been happy.

Altitude sounds great though.

And I have a 6i alt sitting here, would just need to plug in the DG Pro shaft with a shim.

Kind of considering a swap of the Nippon shafts in my Z545 with the Recoil 680 from my Apex set. Gonna give the Nippon a little more time first.

What are you not liking about the Nippons?

Pondering selling some gear as I honestly HATE seeing nice equipment sitting in my golf room that'll never get used:

Seemore mFGP
SeeMore mfgp2
VPC 6-AW

Gotta get some funds for the Giant and God knows what else.

Hmmmm

Pondering selling some gear as I honestly HATE seeing nice equipment sitting in my golf room that'll never get used:

Seemore mFGP
SeeMore mfgp2
VPC 6-AW

Hmmmm

In the same boat. Really trying to figure out what I have that will actually see action in 2015. SeeMore Giant FGP and Bushnell Tour X will be purchased as soon as they are available. Plus there are a few THP events that I would love to spend some cash on.

Crazy thought but I've been looking at Odessey putters & different wedges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crazy thought but I've been looking at Odessey putters & different wedges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still have an odyssey mx 6 CS at my place (via Jman) for you.

Seemore mFGP
SeeMore mfgp2
VPC 6-AW

Hmmmm
I'm in the same boat. Spare unused gear sitting around drives me nuts. And like Erik said, if I could unload some stuff to pay for THP events, it's a no brainer.

Something slightly more forgiving then the MP-15's in the bag currently but still in the players iron category.

Something slightly more forgiving then the MP-15's in the bag currently but still in the players iron category.

What happened with the Z745's?

Fupy and I are kindred spirits lol

Drivers.

Dbd
Vapor Pro
Vapor Flex
XR Pro
Not ruling anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back