This is where I'm at.

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After threatening to get a video to Freddie for what seems like forever, I've finally gotten a swing captured. It's ugly, but it works for the time being. This is a 4i from last night, result was a draw back to the left of the target line, but not wildly offline. It was dark, but I estimate carry at 205ish. I'm also working on an 80% swing, and a shorter take away I'll try to get some video of as well.

What have you got for me, brother? Is there anything specific you'd life to see in a different video as far as angles or slow mo?

http://youtu.be/ducL_9TU0qU

The video may not be the best, but that is a really nice swing - at least in my eyes. Looked like you launched the hell out of that 4iron, too. Curious to see what Freddie would refine there.

Nice looking swing to me. Also like the Titleist staff bag.

nice swing. nothing stands out to my eye and i would jump at a 205 4i. Will be interested to reads freddie's thoughts.

I tend to have a very high ball flight with these irons. I don't mind it as it usually provides a steep angle of decent and will hold greens.

Solid swing! If the ball is going left, I think you might want to address your grip. Honestly I can't tell from a dtl view, but it looks like it is a bit strong? Maybe you can confirm? Also, you could get more extension on the takeaway. More extension on the takeaway will help you load the club at the top better, and actually give you a bit more power although I'm not sure your in desperate need of it! I would definitely focus on the takeaway first before the grip (only if you think it is too strong- having a strong grip can be perfectly fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand), because it will be a lot less painful to fix. Changing your grip can be a pain!!

I don't mean to pick you apart here! Just thought this could help you out!

Greg, did you know you hands never get above your shoulder? How long has then been an issue for you? It has to play havoc with the driver being consitent. Also it looked like you lost that ball high right.

It is scary to me the power you are leaving on the table with your short arm swing and wrist cock. I'd like to see that club head stay lower longer on the back swing. This will help you lengthen the distance between yoy hands and body.

Mr. Kulbrick-

Your swing looks really good. I can tell you've been working on it. FK will refine it nicely though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg, did you know you hands never get above your shoulder? How long has then been an issue for you? It has to play havoc with the driver being consitent. Also it looked like you lost that ball high right.

It is scary to me the power you are leaving on the table with your short arm swing and wrist cock. I'd like to see that club head stay lower longer on the back swing. This will help you lengthen the distance between yoy hands and body.

I did, and is the main thing I see when I watch my swing. I tell myself to keep my hands high and away from me, but it seems this is the norm, and always had been. The ball drew back to the target, which is my typical shape.

I don't know if it's flexibility, my body getting in the way or my back injuries that (our a combination of everything) that keeps me so short. I'll try to get some video of 80% swing, less wrist hinge and driver.

Thanks for checking it out.

a 16-handi with that swing?!?!?! Get thee to the chipping area and putting green ASAP - lol

a 16-handi with that swing?!?!?! Get thee to the chipping area and putting green ASAP - lol
The larger overall problem is inconsistency and blow up holes. The odds of me following up a birdie with a par are as good as following it with a 7.

I did, and is the main thing I see when I watch my swing. I tell myself to keep my hands high and away from me, but it seems this is the norm, and always had been. The ball drew back to the target, which is my typical shape.

I don't know if it's flexibility, my body getting in the way or my back injuries that (our a combination of everything) that keeps me so short. I'll try to get some video of 80% swing, less wrist hinge and driver.

Thanks for checking it out.
It's a real shame that we live 2 hours apart and don't setup tee times once a month. I just need 4 hours with you and we can really dive into that swing.

One of these days I'll get down there. I'd gladly spring for a round. I'll see if I can't get a couple more vids, too. About to head to the course.

Excited to see where this goes. Playing a round with Greg in the fall showed me he has the power to easily be a single digit. Will be following along as Freddie works with you to get you that consistency you need to get that index lower!

The week of the 10th, what is your schedule. We can meet in the middle at LPGA and play. Maybe that Friday, the 13th...Let me know
One of these days I'll get down there. I'd gladly spring for a round. I'll see if I can't get a couple more vids, too. About to head to the course.

I'll have to check when I get into work tomorrow to see what payrolls are running when. I'll let you know what.

Ugly? My swing should be so ugly.

Great insight by Freddie as always. I watched the video about 5 or 6 times before reading the comments. I didn't pick up on the hands until reading Freddie's post.

I wish I lived within two hours of The Panda.

It's amazing to see how far your swing has come since we first played together, looks good dude.

Sunday the 15th could work as well
I'll have to check when I get into work tomorrow to see what payrolls are running when. I'll let you know what.

Greg you remember when I asked if you were about a 5 handicap at Kinderlou? Your swing looked good to me the 18 I played with you. Mostly around the green stuff will kill your scores.

Sure looks like a great swing to me. Like Freddy mentioned, I think the only issue is what goes on at the top of your backswing. Take him up on that offer to play a round!!

Freddie, I noticed the dates you mentioned book-end Valentine's Day. You tryna get me stabbed, yo?

It'd probably just as easy for me to get to Orlando as LPGA, unless you prefer that course. we'll figure something out.

man those hands are low at the top of your backswing! there's no width. and it looks like your clubface is dead shut at the top. grip looks a little strong. going into impact it looks like your plane is pretty open to the target; do you struggle with a snap hook? you look strong as an ox, and it seems like you have really good hand-eye coordination if you can hit a 4i 205, but to be consistent i wonder if you don't need to make some pretty big changes.

EDIT after looking at the 7i: it also looks like your shoulders stop turning too early. this is something i'm struggling with right now. i'm trying to feel like i'm expanding the middle of my back (thoracic spine? i dunno), and it seems like it's helping me make a better turn.

Slow mo 3i. Tried to focus on getting my hands higher in the backswing tonight, got a little bit of success. Also tried keeping the head of the club a little lower at the start of the swing as suggested. Still going way too far with the wrist hinge at the top. Right to left ball flight was diminished significantly.

http://youtu.be/wiEnjJAEfSE

Back