The GoPro & Action Cam Thread

DJI Phantom 2 vision plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. You are going to have to show some sample vids you shot. Looking strong at the Iris+ for THP Events due to follow me ability.

The gorilla pod is awesome...I have one and it can go almost anywhere

Nice. You are going to have to show some sample vids you shot. Looking strong at the Iris+ for THP Events due to follow me ability.

I considered the iris for that exact feature but when it came down to it I didn't think I would use it enough to justify it .

I will shoot some video this spring . I just changed pcs and forgot to transfer all my videos .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gorillapods are a great accessory.

Going to have Mward come over today and work on some multicamera angles and editing. Could be something that might end up being a ton of fun.

Going to have Mward come over today and work on some multicamera angles and editing. Could be something that might end up being a ton of fun.

Guessing Wardy's helping with the low angles?

I couldn't resist, even though I'm barely taller than he is.

Does the gorillapod have a standard mount on it, or can it only be used with the GoPro? That seems like it would be a great accessory for my camera/phone.

Guessing Wardy's helping with the low angles?

I couldn't resist, even though I'm barely taller than he is.

All the nice things I ever said about you I take back.

Does the gorillapod have a standard mount on it, or can it only be used with the GoPro? That seems like it would be a great accessory for my camera/phone.

Mine came with both actually. I believe you pay extra for the one that comes with standard and GoPro, whereas the standard is a bit cheaper. I will say that the actual GorillaPod is WAY better than a lot of the generic ones that are out there that look similar.

One of these looks cool to use (better than the gimbal with no vertical stabilization IMHO):

Going to build one of these for the next adventure.

Mine came with both actually. I believe you pay extra for the one that comes with standard and GoPro, whereas the standard is a bit cheaper. I will say that the actual GorillaPod is WAY better than a lot of the generic ones that are out there that look similar.

I used one of the knockoff ones for my iPhone, and was not impressed. I think I'll order a real one - would be good to have for filming my swing at the range - there's a ledge behind some of the bays.

Made a gimbal. Next is the vertical shake.
f3d9bb2a3aae4b550717fdb599fd8329.jpg

Picked up the remote and was delighted to find out I can run all 3 cameras at the same time from the same remote. That is huge.

Picked up the remote and was delighted to find out I can run all 3 cameras at the same time from the same remote. That is huge.

Haven't messed with my remote since I got it but I think the manual said up to 50 cameras at once.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

Haven't messed with my remote since I got it but I think the manual said up to 50 cameras at once.

It is really great using it with the 4s, because the settings adjust so easily. Had 3 cameras today to work on some editing and different angles and was quite impressed.

It is really great using it with the 4s, because the settings adjust so easily. Had 3 cameras today to work on some editing and different angles and was quite impressed.

Awesome! I really haven't done anything with mine since I got it last week. Headed to Seattle on vacation next week. Want to find some video up there.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this today, JB.

GoPro takes some lifelong memory style shots. I still need to get my hands on the bunker shots from FL!

Picked up a few more accessories.

The 3'way is fantastic because it can be used a number of different ways.

4c8aa2b8c15993dad277a754dbfac1d8.jpg

The tripod works well on it too
069795ee42374da3f65917de75f10724.jpg

This case holds all 3 of mine. Haven't punched out all the foam for accessories yet though.

224c0cfc9ae694744888d7d2e12f0b39.jpg

This thing is pretty cool.

e0b7cb4c6d12b8a4a5ef65701a1fa3f9.jpg

Ya that is real cool. Will make for some pretty cool first tee pictures!

Ya that is real cool. Will make for some pretty cool first tee pictures!

Unless it is situated directly to right of tee box. 441 likes to hit things in that direction.

I was talking to AMart about a GoPro yesterday and it sounds like it's been a hard ponder of his for a while.

For as fun as it is to take photos on course, these take action imaging to a whole new level. Hopefully he buys one so I don't have to hahahaha!

I love that setup. I need that tri pod for my 3 way. Looking for one now

I was talking to AMart about a GoPro yesterday and it sounds like it's been a hard ponder of his for a while.

For as fun as it is to take photos on course, these take action imaging to a whole new level. Hopefully he buys one so I don't have to hahahaha!

I have had one for over a year, but have been a critic for most of that. The new releases have changed that for me a bit. Having the LCD on the back is a huge deal especially considering the loss of battery is minimal. So my biggest gripe previously was that to view what you were shooting, the app/wifi had to be used. That would bring me down to about 30-45 minutes of shooting. With the LCD now built in (instead of an extra), I have the ability to shoot without the app when I want and preserve that battery life.

They have some fun stuff. I saw a drone you can put one in and it'll follow you around. You could park one out in the middle of the fairway at a safe distance at hit at it/over it or what not. That might make for a pretty cool video to watch afterwards

Back