The King - Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

Wouldn't 2 weeks after aerification make it about perfect? It doesn't take long to heal from that typically does it? I have no strong opinion one way or the other on Torrey myself for the record.

I was thinking the same thing. Two weeks after aerification seems about right. Based on timing issues and with most everyone coming in on Friday morning, I'm thinking Torrey is probably going to be out for Friday. But if anyone is still game for playing the South course on Monday, I'd really like to try.

Wouldn't 2 weeks after aerification make it about perfect? It doesn't take long to heal from that typically does it? I have no strong opinion one way or the other on Torrey myself for the record.

I was thinking the same thing and north course would definitely be in prime shape. I know most of you probably want to play the south, but the north is good too. Just as scenic and a little easier.

Depending on play as well as weather during the 2 weeks after, the north should be in good condition but the south will barely be coming out of the recovery period and might not be as smooth a roll as one would hope for. If there is still interest to play, I will still book a tee time for monday when the time draws near to April.

It looks like I will be staying over until Monday evening. As far as Torrey goes, I would be open to playing the North course on Monday and somewhere else on Friday.

I'd be up to playing the North Torrey Pines course. South would be great, but with the aeration and cost, I think North would quench my thirst.

I'm still game for the South course on Monday if anyone else is. For me, I have no idea when or if I might have the chance to play Torrey again and I don't get the chance to play great courses very often, so I can live with two weeks after aerification.

I'm still game for the South course on Monday if anyone else is. For me, I have no idea when or if I might have the chance to play Torrey again and I don't get the chance to play great courses very often, so I can live with two weeks after aerification.
I'll help make sure that happens.

I think you guys worried about aerification don't understand how well the grass recovers in a city persistently 70* and next to an ocean...

2 weeks out, that thing will be cherry.

anyone interested in playing La Costa that Friday? Would have thought by now someone would have asked me if there was a THP rate :)

anyone interested in playing La Costa that Friday? Would have thought by now someone would have asked me if there was a THP rate :)
Mike, if I wanted to play LA Costa prior to the event, is there a special THP rate that you expertly negotiated?

Mike, if I wanted to play LA Costa prior to the event, is there a special THP rate that you expertly negotiated?

Sure is, the golf course is looking into availability and once I have a few options I'll post in here

Sure is, the golf course is looking into availability and once I have a few options I'll post in here
OK, pending what my car buddy wants to do, a practice round prior to the event has my interest.

Also, when will we be able to check into the hotel for things like dropping of luggage and taking showers after a round?

Thanks, Mike! Any chance there might also be a special room rate on Thurs. and/or Sun.?

OK, pending what my car buddy wants to do, a practice round prior to the event has my interest.

Also, when will we be able to check into the hotel for things like dropping of luggage and taking showers after a round?

check in is usually around 3

As much as I'd love to play torrey, a practice round at la costa prior to event is more important for me. Getting a feel for competition grounds is priority #1 for me. If there is availability at la costa then count me in there

Leave it to MikeDean to drop a nugget that leaves us all salivating. Fup, if MD411 gets us a hook up to play LaCosta on Friday we probably better take advantage.....don't you agree?

Leave it to MikeDean to drop a nugget that leaves us all salivating. Fup, if MD411 gets us a hook up to play LaCosta on Friday we probably better take advantage.....don't you agree?

Works for me since there are 2 courses on the grounds anyway. I am not sure if we are playing two rounds at the Championship, two rounds at the Legends, or one of each during The King, so this would work as well.

As much as I'd love to play torrey, a practice round at la costa prior to event is more important for me. Getting a feel for competition grounds is priority #1 for me. If there is availability at la costa then count me in there

It's adorable you think playing practice rounds on site is going to matter :alien:

It's adorable you think playing practice rounds on site is going to matter :alien:
Yes very adorable. So will the looks on team Harrys faces when they lose :alien:

Is that Denver altitude effecting your mind again? I think it's giving you illusions.... Cause Team Harry will leave as REPEATING champs:highfive:...while Team Chad...Well..... :weep:....:surrender:..... Yeah....

Yes very adorable. So will the looks on team Harrys faces when they lose :alien:

Is that Denver altitude effecting your mind again? I think it's giving you illusions.... Cause Team Harry will leave as REPEATING champs:highfive:...while Team Chad...Well..... :weep:....:surrender:..... Yeah....
The only thing team Harry is repeating is the fact that Harry will be participating. It will soon be evident things will be different this year :)

The only thing team Harry is repeating is the fact that Harry will be participating. It will soon be evident things will be different this year :)
Less than 2 months.... Chad's hair....errr I mean team... doesn't stand a chance!

Let Kang have his fun. It'll be rough on him being on the second place team again in less then 12 months.

Back