Can someone tell me about bag tags?

BuckeyeMark

Reaction score
Handicap
What's the deal with bag tags? I got to play a TPC course today and when we checked in they had really cool bag tags for sale. But I didn't really know what I'd do with (put it on my bag, I guess) and why I would do that or what they're about. Maybe I should have?

Give me the scoop on bag tags please. Do you buy one for every course you play, and hang them all off your bag? Or just special courses? How do you display them on your bag?

Thanks!

Some course give them to you for free with your tee time...I got one while at Pinehurst last year

I have one from my trip to the PGA Championship that I keep on my bag. Just a cool memento.

I only get bag tags from special courses. Some display, some on the bag. Depends on the mood.

I keep my bag pure with only my bag tag from my club.

I prefer to remember the other courses I play from memories and photographs, sometimes a shirt or a towel.

I have zero bag tags but that will change one day.

I have the following:
Pga National
Cowboys golf club
Chambers bay

Will collect from bucket list courses for sure

I have the THP Albatross Club bag tag and one from a tournament I played in Arizona one year. Keep them on my bag.

I have just the one from my home course on my bag. If I play a great course that gives one away with the round I might leave it on my bag for a few weeks.

I have one from work stating I'm staff. We use them to identify members, guest get a different colour.

Think they're cool from special courses. A lot of people have lots of hats and coins, it's something cool to sit in a collection IMO.

I have one from Kapalua, and one from THP. Unfortunately, the Kapalua tag got broken loading my bag into the back of my truck. The THP tag is still being displayed proudly.

Just something special like ball markers. Only bag tag I usually keep on year round is for where I'm a member at because they like to check that to make sure you are a member sometimes

I used to have like four from very nice courses I've played on my bag. But they were all metal and jingled to much.

I took all but one off, that has my name engraved on it. It may or may not help bag attendants get my bag to the correct cart.

I've got one on my bag from every major THP event I've been to. I love them.

I have my Albatross Club bag tag, I think. Of the different swag that a golfer accumulates, bag tags are among the most senseless, IMO. But I don't treat the courses I play as any kind of measuring contest. Like boasting about how much you pay for gas. Playing well with good company is better than expensive golf courses in my book.

I have one on my bag from Celtic Manor as a little memento of my visit to the Saturdays matches of the 2010 Ryder Cup.

I have 2 or 3 on mine. THP Albatross, Mission Inn from the Callaway testing and maybe the one from Reunion.

They're just cool mementos to me

I have one from the USGA.

I had a custom bag tag with a picture of my daughter on it. Really cool item for me. If anyone is interested I can dig up the website.

I had a custom bag tag with a picture of my daughter on it. Really cool item for me. If anyone is interested I can dig up the website.

Yes please. That would be cool to have my grandsons on it.

I have THP Albatross Club and USGA bag tags that's it

I have a bunch of them from courses I've played. They're nice reminders of some really great trips.

Same here. I have about 30 from memorable courses Ive played and some tournaments Ive attended (Masters, PGA, Eastlake). Dont have any on my bag. Keep most of them in my office. Great ice breaker before business meetings.

Back