Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

What is the forgiveness like in comparison to the Apex's?

just ordered both and can't wait. Luckily the friend of mine one of my fitters so getting them reshafted to what I want won't be a problem lol. He has the combo set (got rid of his Apex's for the 545/745 combo set) and when I told him about this he jumped all over it. It's crazy how reps can't get this for ppl in the US.

I found them pretty much the same to be honest. Particularly toe-side, my miss.

Big difference though is the profile that you get with these at address. They look much smaller than they are, and while the Apex hide their size well, these do it insanely well.

I still prefer the Apex overall, but you can't go wrong with either.

I saw more forgiveness with these on my toe miss than most clubs I had been gaming in 2014 including the j40 dpc and the apex

I found them pretty much the same to be honest. Particularly toe-side, my miss.

Big difference though is the profile that you get with these at address. They look much smaller than they are, and while the Apex hide their size well, these do it insanely well.

I still prefer the Apex overall, but you can't go wrong with either.

I'd agree with that assessment of looks. When I first put these down, I was wondering if these were really clubs I should be playing. But, the forgiveness is there. Thin shots are going to be penalized a bit more than an SGI iron, but across the face I've been very impressed.

Do any stores actually stock these? I live in Canada, and can order them from a local retailer, but Srixon is saying MAY for potential delivery... I will be in Florida for 3 weeks in March, do any retailers carry them? Golfsmith? Golf Galaxy?

Thanks

Do any stores actually stock these? I live in Canada, and can order them from a local retailer, but Srixon is saying MAY for potential delivery... I will be in Florida for 3 weeks in March, do any retailers carry them? Golfsmith? Golf Galaxy?

Thanks
Pga super store is your best bet

ok so Jflukes (or anyone who knows how) i need your help. I looked at that Rakuten website trying to buy an AW and don't seem to see where I can buy one. I know you said you bought it from a particular seller but don't even see that option. The only section I found said it was unavailable for US shipping. I'm having some trouble navigating the site, does anyone have a link handy? I'm trying to get a 545 AW for myself and a 745 AW for a friend.

Just shoot me a PM :beauty:
I also bought the AW from Rakuten. But from atomic golf. I purchased it with visa card and received it in 9 days at the cost of $109 and some change also a foreign transaction fee $3. Hope that helps.

ok so Jflukes (or anyone who knows how) i need your help. I looked at that Rakuten website trying to buy an AW and don't seem to see where I can buy one. I know you said you bought it from a particular seller but don't even see that option. The only section I found said it was unavailable for US shipping. I'm having some trouble navigating the site, does anyone have a link handy? I'm trying to get a 545 AW for myself and a 745 AW for a friend.

Just shoot me a PM :beauty:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/atomicgolf/item/1408-adqc/

That's the link for the z 745 AW

Posted in u 45 post
How does u45 23 deg compar,e with the 545 4 iron vs 4 hybrid
Hit the u45 liked it easy to hit good height seemed to fly straight ? Harder to shape
Pleased for input
Ps my irons are callaway legacy
But have h45 3 wood and. 3 hybrid on order
Looking for in between from 5 iron to three hybrid

Posted in u 45 post
How does u45 23 deg compar,e with the 545 4 iron vs 4 hybrid
Hit the u45 liked it easy to hit good height seemed to fly straight ? Harder to shape
Pleased for input
Ps my irons are callaway legacy
But have h45 3 wood and. 3 hybrid on order
Looking for in between from 5 iron to three hybrid

I believe the 23* will compare more towards the 4 iron while the hybrid might go slightly further.

These are ready to be picked up. Just got the call from Golfsmith

Nice Mike, enjoy them.

Thanks guys. It was a lot quicker than I thought. Not supposed to be here until sat.

Thanks guys. It was a lot quicker than I thought. Not supposed to be here until sat.

This is so infuriating. Not at you, at the way Global Golf or Srixon apparently does business. I order a stock set a week or more before you, and it got back ordered for 2 months. You order a custom set, which in general should take an extra 3-4 days, and you get it in less than 2 weeks. I'm sorry, that's terrible business all around by which ever party is at fault. That should never happen.

This is so infuriating. Not at you, at the way Global Golf or Srixon apparently does business. I order a stock set a week or more before you, and it got back ordered for 2 months. You order a custom set, which in general should take an extra 3-4 days, and you get it in less than 2 weeks. I'm sorry, that's terrible business all around by which ever party is at fault. That should never happen.

It's the relationship the manufacturers give to Golf Smith, PGA SS and Golf Galaxy. Orders from those companies get bumped ahead of orders even off of their own website.

My guess is sites like Global Golf are 3rd in line behind the big golf retailers and OEM sites.

It's the relationship the manufacturers give to Golf Smith, PGA SS and Golf Galaxy. Orders from those companies get bumped ahead of orders even off of their own website.

My guess is sites like Global Golf are 3rd in line behind the big golf retailers and OEM sites.

That would make a lot of sense. But just as the consumer in the situation that's terrible business from my point of view. I highly doubt I'll ever be ordering from Global Golf again.

That would make a lot of sense. But just as the consumer in the situation that's terrible business from my point of view. I highly doubt I'll ever be ordering from Global Golf again.

When the RSI2's come in, just take them to golfsmith and say that you won them but dont want them and as if you can return them for store credit - put the store credit to the Srixon's

When the RSI2's come in, just take them to golfsmith and say that you won them but dont want them and as if you can return them for store credit - put the store credit to the Srixon's

Ha, that's actually not a bad idea.

My guess is that custom orders are first in line (since those are fulfilled and drop shipped by the OEM), then the stock sets are sent out to box stores.

My guess is that custom orders are first in line (since those are fulfilled and drop shipped by the OEM), then the stock sets are sent out to box stores.

That would make sense except my stock order was being sent directly from the manufacturer, as were the custom orders.

That would make sense except my stock order was being sent directly from the manufacturer, as were the custom orders.

Ah, got it. I was under the impression that if you ordered stock from the main page at GlobalGolf, you got what they had in stock (so they're waiting for their stock to be replenished), vs. ordering from the custom order interface, which puts in an order to be made for a specific person. But it sounds like all orders from Srixon get drop shipped?

Ah, got it. I was under the impression that if you ordered stock from the main page at GlobalGolf, you got what they had in stock (so they're waiting for their stock to be replenished), vs. ordering from the custom order interface, which puts in an order to be made for a specific person. But it sounds like all orders from Srixon get drop shipped?

Correct.

Back