Selling on ebay..

I never put items up for bid. For me it's pay now or don't get the item. That's the one draw back of ebay. Plus if you're a new seller you don't get paid anyways until the tracking number is in and feedback is sometimes required. I've been buying and selling on ebay for 15 years and for me its an excellent source to suplsupplement your income. Some people make 6 figures a year selling on ebay and I'm talking private parties not companies.

I agree with sox fan 2 days at most

I realize people have lives as do I. I'm not even asking for the money right away but maybe just a simple email response to one of the 4 I have sent explaining the situation? My feelings won't be hurt if this person doesn't want the item, but I would like to move on honestly and do it fairly. I bought a set of irons while on vacation and still managed to pay right away, so I would have to think that if you are watching the auction close enough to bid then you better be ready to pay. If not, just let me know that you don't intend to pay so we can both be on our merry way.

Am I the only person who gets an email from eBay when I win something?

Not my point, my point is people are different. Not everyone is tied to their phone. I know several people that still don't have a smart phone.
And others that go on vacation and literally go off the grid. While that is not your normal ebayer, I don't worry about no payment for something unless it has been about a week. But that's me.

Either way, did you ever get paid?

I've been Buying and Selling on eBay for some time now. Being a Lefty my club selection is slim to none at the shops so the selection is is great on ebay! When the bidding has ended and I don't here from you in 2 days I will send you the invoice again to kind of "remind you" to Pay up! I 'am one of those that when the funds clear to paypal, your club is shipped that day. If the person doesn't pay there's a fail safe in ebay and paypal. it's not like in the beginning when you were on your own...

I know what I have in the Queue and when it ends. If I win i take time to log on minutes after it ends to pay.

Not my point, my point is people are different. Not everyone is tied to their phone. I know several people that still don't have a smart phone.
And others that go on vacation and literally go off the grid. While that is not your normal ebayer, I don't worry about no payment for something unless it has been about a week. But that's me.

Either way, did you ever get paid?

No I did not. I was able to get my portion of the money back but still owe a couple bucks for a reserve price. I would have understood if said person just answered any one of the 4 messages I sent and said they were not interested. Instead they just ignored me it seems and that pisses me off as I was giving the benefit of the doubt. Some people deserve it, some don't.

That sux. At least you get some of your fees back.
The only thing you can really do is open up a case against them.
I think that can make it harder for them to bid on items in the future to some degree.

2 Days for me and I send a message. If another 24 hours go by I open a nonpayment dispute.

I agree. You bid, you win, you pay. I only sell by the BIN option with immediate payment required.

I am a bit worried, I just got an offer on some golf clubs I want to sell on ebay, they offer is my buy it now amount, and the buyer has 0 feedback, and created the account today

I am a bit worried, I just got an offer on some golf clubs I want to sell on ebay, they offer is my buy it now amount, and the buyer has 0 feedback, and created the account today

I'd stay away from it. If they want to use the Buy It Now option let them but I wouldn't sell off the site. I know the fees suck but at least selling through the site you are protected.

I'd stay away from it. If they want to use the Buy It Now option let them but I wouldn't sell off the site. I know the fees suck but at least selling through the site you are protected.

the offer they made if through best offer on ebay, I know I am somewhat protected, but with the account just being created, I'm worried its a scam

the offer they made if through best offer on ebay, I know I am somewhat protected, but with the account just being created, I'm worried its a scam

i've sold items in the last week to guys that had 0,1, and 3 feedback scores. All went off with no problem. Everyone has to start somewhere but I certainly understand your apprehension. The clubs are probably a lot more expensive than the items I sold. I always say trust your gut.

i've sold items in the last week to guys that had 0,1, and 3 feedback scores. All went off with no problem. Everyone has to start somewhere but I certainly understand your apprehension. The clubs are probably a lot more expensive than the items I sold. I always say trust your gut.

thanks, I'll accept the offer, lets see how it goes

4-5 days is plenty given the time of year. Now you can reach out to the buyer and ask what's going on before contacting Ebay to complain. I have waited as long as 7 days before filing a complaint. It doesn't occur often but it does occur.

thanks, I'll accept the offer, lets see how it goes

I'd be more leery as a buyer from someone with 0 feedback. If he pays what's there to worry about? If he doesn't relist.

I'd be more leery as a buyer from someone with 0 feedback. If he pays what's there to worry about? If he doesn't relist.

you are right, he has already paid, shipping label has been printed, I'll ship later today.

Back