What cigar did you smoke today?

0606a2c31bd565f2030a94d93bd8fcf4.jpg

Got this as a free sample with a recent order, so I fired it up while walking the dogs last night. Not bad. To my recollection, it's the first Colombian tobacco I've tried. Nice, easy draw,but the burn was a little uneven. I'd call it medium strength with some leather and woody notes backed up by pepper. I probably wouldn't buy them, but I'd certainly smoke it again if they sent another sample.

What cigar did you smoke today?

I need to pack the travel humidor for this weekend, got some new stuff coming in today or tomorrow as well

Edit

Goodies arrived today- some Gurkhas, acid and CAO and two her-a-dor 5 cigar travel humidors

The humidors are nice with plenty of room for your cutter and a lighter

Last edited:
Camacho Criollo Robusto. Pretty stout little cigar. Starts very strong, but smooths out with mostly dry, woody flavor. Overall it's constructed well with a good draw. I prefer more balance in a stronger cigar, but not bad.

2f23ef84600f8b7af33b9c68a846cd76.jpg

Yesterday I had the rare pleasure of sneaking out to the club for a week day round. I ended up playing with some buddies who were there as well, played fairly well for myself and had a couple of good cigars. This one is a Partagas Series S Perfecto that's been in my humidor for many years. I bought a box of them probably 11 or 12 years ago and smoked all but a few of them. I tend to hang on to a few of the cigars that I really like. These were awesome when they were new, but with that much aging, this was even better. Incredibly smooth, but rich with sweet spice flavors anchored by a pleasant earthy quality. Outside of a few Cuban offerings, Cameroon wrappers are my all-time favorite. This was one of the best smokes I've had in a really long time.
0f791e8da3766c4945fe7492f1a6c5c3.jpg

Yesterday I had the rare pleasure of sneaking out to the club for a week day round. I ended up playing with some buddies who were there as well, played fairly well for myself and had a couple of good cigars. This one is a Partagas Series S Perfecto that's been in my humidor for many years. I bought a box of them probably 11 or 12 years ago and smoked all but a few of them. I tend to hang on to a few of the cigars that I really like. These were awesome when they were new, but with that much aging, this was even better. Incredibly smooth, but rich with sweet spice flavors anchored by a pleasant earthy quality. Outside of a few Cuban offerings, Cameroon wrappers are my all-time favorite. This was one of the best smokes I've had in a really long time.
0f791e8da3766c4945fe7492f1a6c5c3.jpg
I do the same. Nice to have some really good ones that I have had for a while and break one out on special occasions. I've had a couple for prob a year or more and damn they smell good.

H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro. Sitting on the patio at the club, watching the game. Doesn't suck.
d204e646ae06059977e45ddac17f15f0.jpg

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro before the game started. They never get old to me and are definitely a favorite.

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro before the game started. They never get old to me and are definitely a favorite.
Those truly are amazing. If you got humidor space get a box of thousand series Padrons and age them a few years and they taste close.

Those truly are amazing. If you got humidor space get a box of thousand series Padrons and age them a few years and they taste close.

I like the thousand series, but I don't think I could leave them alone long enough age. If I have cigars sitting around I smoke them and haven't bought boxes worth at a time yet. Maybe I should start...

I'm a Fuente OpusX nut. Pretty much my everyday smoke, different sizes of course.

Java by Drew Estate is a current gamer

A Diplomáticos #3 from 2005 along with a Deschutes Red Chair this weekend.

MLGIJij.jpg

The wife and I went out with my sister and her husband for Vday. Went to an Orlando Solar Bears game and after ended up at the Corona Cigar Bar downtown. I have been wanting to try the Cain F from Olivia for a while so I grabbed a couple. Liked it so much I just ordered the Cain F robusto, Cain F 550 Robusto, and Cain F Torpedo from Thompson this morning along with some other varieties I have wanted to try. They are running a great deal on the 5 cigar packs. I think I ended up with 5x 5 packs and the 12 pack Victor S smpler pack with the lighter, cutter, and humidor for under $120 total.

Played yesterday with an 8 year old Hemmingway masterpiece maduro, it was amazing.

Smoke the new Ashton Symmetry...what an awesome smoke.

e222e4bbeb7f01b5b3333158909aa02d.jpg

Just fired this baby up to walk the dogs

Definitely a fan of anything CAO

Just bought a box of Punch Sucker Punch. New cigar line from Punch. I have never been a big fan of the Punch cigars. I normally find them a little spicy for me. Got one of these in a sampler and decided to give them a try. I have been looking for a new cigar at a moderate price point.
I am very happy with these. Very good wrap and excellent burn. Nice smooth taste for a full bodied cigar.
If anyone is looking for a more moderate priced good cigar I would recommend you try a 5 pack or so of these.

Joe

067f5aef12aa118cab2356c41e23e788.jpg

Got a shipment today. Mostly Rocky and CAO stuff, but also got a 5 pack of Series V torpedoes.

067f5aef12aa118cab2356c41e23e788.jpg

Got a shipment today. Mostly Rocky and CAO stuff, but also got a 5 pack of Series V torpedoes.
That is awesome. What company do you use? Also assume you have a killer humidor

I use famous smoke. I've had good luck with them for years, so I stick to them unless I buy local. I've got a humidor that's supposed to hold 150, but I'm probably less than 100 sticks now. Back when I was completely obsessed with cigars (late 90s and early 2000s) I had a coat closet converted into a humidor and kept it pretty full! I'm basically just buying what I'll smoke in a month or two at a time. I usually smoke 2 per round of golf, plus I'll have a couple a week walking the dogs in the evening. Give a few away on top of that and they don't last as long as you'd think. I used to buy boxes, but I'm enjoying 5 packs and the odd sampler right now. I can get lots of stuff I like that way, but still have variety and get the per-stick price down.

CIGARS and GOLF ANYONE !!!!

CIGARS and GOLF ANYONE !!!!

If any of you guys are cigar smokers , whats ya favorite stick to smoke while your out on the fairways ???

Back