Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

I love the channel grind on my SW. Don't think I'd go any other way

These are back in the bag.

Nothing like rocking a 58 Jman wedge and a 54 #Cookie wedge.
Jman in the hizzousse!!! Right on my man. I love the action I'm getting with my ATV wedges around the dance floor. Getting that nice pop and stop and slight grab. I wonder how they compare to Hopkins wedges. Does your Hopkins wedge allow you stopping power and accurate chipping in the sand and rough as well as the fairways bro?? thanks Jman. Haven't had the luxury of demoing a hopkins yet my man. I mean in your honest opinion how do hopkins wedges stack up against the sweet ass ATV wedges?

Anyone have any grind recommendations for a 55* SW, thinking about picking up another one and I already have the Heel/Toe Grind and Channel Grind, was thinking either the arc grind or shelf grind.
I have a shelf grind on my 55° SW and I am a big fan. Full shots, hard packed bunkers, tight fairway/apron chips, that grind works well for all of these.

I have a shelf grind on my 55° SW and I am a big fan. Full shots, hard packed bunkers, tight fairway/apron chips, that grind works well for all of these.

Did you get it bent stronger or weaker?

Using Tapatalk

Well deserved bump as I put my 50* with the shelf Grind and otm shaft into play today for the first time in over a year. First hole, 112 out over a tree, stuck to 10 feet. Long bunker shot, poof, easy up and down. Toed 103 yard shot into the wind, still only 20 feet away. Really enjoyed the heck out of this today and the raw finish is patina'd up and looking great, as is the performance. Used it a lot around greens too because of the expected slow speeds (thinking 54, hitting 50) and it worked masterfully. Now if I acquire an iron set that doesn't have a set gap wedge, I think I can go to this with confidence!

Looking for a new 46* pw. pondering between these and the rtx cb. not sure about what grind any input ??

Looking for a new 46* pw. pondering between these and the rtx cb. not sure about what grind any input ??

Their website has a pretty good breakdown of grind recommendations based on geo.

I have the standard grind on my 50 and it's perfect as a standard AW

Using Tapatalk

Thanks I did look at this not sure which to go with the Hopkins or the Cleveland both seem like good choices ??

Their website has a pretty good breakdown of grind recommendations based on geo.

I have the standard grind on my 50 and it's perfect as a standard AW

Using Tapatalk

Thanks I did look at this not sure which to go with the Hopkins or the Cleveland both seem like good choices ??

Both are great choices. Don't quote me on this because it's been I while (my old set were Cleveland wedges) but I believe the Clevelands have a heavier head than Hopkins wedges, i'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Using Tapatalk

A friend and I went to Golfsmith and hit a Hopkins with shelf grind (mine) a Titleist SM5 (his, not sure of the grind) and an RTX, all in 50°. We both saw more consistent distance control and more spin from the Hopkins. I'm a sweeper and my buddy is a digger. He has always played Titleist wedges. He said this may be the first season that he changes.

My Hopkins will be getting regripped with something a little more my speed this evening. If I have some extra time, I may dabble in some paint fill for the 54˚.

I just really like my Hopkins. I have never regretted the purchase.
543c4be2326fdb4f53efa59590dc9dfe.jpg

Those look good lockman!

Finished up the 54 this afternoon. 58 is in process.

3BE598AB-C9E1-458E-972F-39FC167964C9_zps9h7ata1y.jpg

Yesterday I pulled off some great green side shots with my 60*. So great to not fear being in a greenside bunker.

On hole I was in a bunker left of the green that was about 10 feet below the green with a steep wall to the point where I could only see the top of the flag.

I opened up my 60 and the ball came out beautifully, hopped once and stopped 8 inches from the pin.

Yesterday I pulled off some great green side shots with my 60*. So great to not fear being in a greenside bunker.

On hole I was in a bunker left of the green that was about 10 feet below the green with a steep wall to the point where I could only see the top of the flag.

I opened up my 60 and the ball came out beautifully, hopped once and stopped 8 inches from the pin.
"This is either going to be really good or really bad."

It was obviously REALLY good.

Any source of info for an explanation of the various grinds?

Any source of info for an explanation of the various grinds?
The Hopkins website has nice explainations re: grinds and recommendations based on usual course conditions in your geographic area.

Haven't read back through the entire thread but recently read a Hopkins Golf article in Golf Tips magazine and they said their 60* wide sole is their most popular combo on the Champions Tour as well as with their customers.
Has anyone tried it ? Easy enough to use for an average hacker ?

Haven't read back through the entire thread but recently read a Hopkins Golf article in Golf Tips magazine and they said their 60* wide sole is their most popular combo on the Champions Tour as well as with their customers.
Has anyone tried it ? Easy enough to use for an average hacker ?

If you are hitting your 60 off of super tight fairways, then it might not be the best grind option, but it is a great grind for just about everywhere else. Really helps the ball get up in the air out of greenside rough and bunkers.

Really starting to settle in with these... Had a bunch of good shots with the 54 and around the green with the 58. I've been gaming the 54 for anything from 70ish-100ish. 58 from there in. Was meandering around the ponder thread thinking about a PM wedge, but I think I'm going to stick with these for now. Only issue I have seen is sand shots but that's a me thing. Going to work on it some more next time I get the chance to hit out of some actual sand. Starting to darken up nicely too. Will get some pics up here when I can get some decent light.

Back