Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

These feel so good on bad hits and awesome on good hits

I am set on these now, was fitted for either a s300 or KBS tour . Cannot wait to hit them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my first round with them today. Need to get used to them but really liked how I was hitting them on the course. Love the v-sole. Coming from JPX-800s I'm finding these to be about a half to full club longer for me.

Played my first round with them today. Need to get used to them but really liked how I was hitting them on the course. Love the v-sole. Coming from JPX-800s I'm finding these to be about a half to full club longer for me.

For me, they were about a club to club and a half longer. I am loving these clubs by far the best I have hit

I would say these are about a club or so longer for me. This was my 8i about a month ago.

1b1669755d9a0bec1f220a0004ce0efc.jpg

The best part of these for me is the sole. It just cuts through the turf & with the swing changes I tend to dig a little more than I used to. On not so great swings this sole has saved me. Really impressive.

Ok, so I am not a "golf tech guy" but I am looking at your numbers...
SS 86 and BS is only 108? That is a pretty low smash factor is it not? And that still gets you 152 yards?
With the same SS and 1.40 smash factor youd be closer to 120mph Ball Speed.

So all this to say, I find those numbers a bit strange...

I would say these are about a club or so longer for me. This was my 8i about a month ago.

1b1669755d9a0bec1f220a0004ce0efc.jpg

The best part of these for me is the sole. It just cuts through the turf & with the swing changes I tend to dig a little more than I used to. On not so great swings this sole has saved me. Really impressive.

SS 86 and BS is only 108? That is a pretty low smash factor is it not? And that still gets you 152 yards?

I'm not a tech guy either and that is what it showed. That was a good strike center of the face. I trust the numbers bc they have translated to the course the couple of rounds I've had with these clubs. I'm 145-150 out, I'm pulling the 8i all day now where previously it was my 7i.

Now that the weather is finally warming up, based on what I saw yesterday afternoon, I believe these are going to be about a club longer for me than my previous set (Mizuno JPX800 Pro). I have my lofts set at 1 degree weak from 5 - PW which mirrors the lofts of the JPX. I was a club long on several well hit irons into greens yesterday.

So as far as distance goes these clubs were just a 2-3 yards longer than my JPX 850 forged when comparing middles shots (BUT keep in mind I played my Mizunos in the summer and have only played these 545s in the cold for the most part). Now with these warmer days, I'm at least a club longer. Just so much confidence when I hit these and I'm at a point where I'm just having a lot of fun playing golf. Even when I miss a green it's still not a bad shot...except for those fat shots lol.

Speaking of of fat shots though, these have helped me get away with them a bit more. Anyone else notice that?

I'm not a tech guy either and that is what it showed. That was a good strike center of the face. I trust the numbers bc they have translated to the course the couple of rounds I've had with these clubs. I'm 145-150 out, I'm pulling the 8i all day now where previously it was my 7i.

1.40 smash with an 8 iron is pretty tough to come by based on loft of the club. 108 ball speed and 152 yards is very well within the realm of possibilities.

Was able to work on things this past Saturday, and only got down through the wedges + PW,9,8 and 7 but very pleased with my flight, accuracy and feel. I have a set of Callaway XR pros on the way, and looking forward to putting them up against each other. Loft, lie and Length will all be the same, but there will be a shaft difference, KBS tour S(120 gram) vs. KBS tour V-90s so very interested.

So as far as distance goes these clubs were just a 2-3 yards longer than my JPX 850 forged when comparing middles shots (BUT keep in mind I played my Mizunos in the summer and have only played these 545s in the cold for the most part). Now with these warmer days, I'm at least a club longer. Just so much confidence when I hit these and I'm at a point where I'm just having a lot of fun playing golf. Even when I miss a green it's still not a bad shot...except for those fat shots lol.

Speaking of of fat shots though, these have helped me get away with them a bit more. Anyone else notice that?

I think it's in relation to the sole. These do such an amazing job with turf interaction it makes sense that you aren't hitting many fat.

Looking at the numbers, the 545s are fractionally less offset than the Mizunos.

Despite proclaiming my Apex were not getting replaced this morning. I wandered into the big box store in town who just happened to have a promotion running on their clubs. I've swung these before and they just felt beautiful with the Nippon 980 shafts. I refrained from buying them previously due to the prices we pay in Thailand. Original marked up price was 1220 USD for 4 through to PW, they were then reduced to 980 USD, today with the added promotional discount they worked out at 820 USD.

I had a nano second argument with myself and left the store with them. I'm playing tomorrow morning on a course that has a mixture of damp and dry fairways (due to drainage there) and will be hitting them for real for the first time. I'm all excited now. :banana: Just not sure what to do for a gap wedge and sand wedge now.

Will have more later but just back from my fitting and all I will say is I am 99.99999999999% certain I will be placing an order for these sometime in the next week or so

Waiting for the email with all the LM info but let's just say I will be gaining about 2 clubs distance over my current irons. Bearing in mind I am still protecting my back slightly, I was hitting the Z545 6 iron around 180yds on average so I think there is still distance to be gained once I am fully fit again

Will have more later but just back from my fitting and all I will say is I am 99.99999999999% certain I will be placing an order for these sometime in the next week or so

Waiting for the email with all the LM info but let's just say I will be gaining about 2 clubs distance over my current irons. Bearing in mind I am still protecting my back slightly, I was hitting the Z545 6 iron around 180yds on average so I think there is still distance to be gained once I am fully fit again

thats awesome. cant wait to you get them in hand and play them

Granted, the loft is two degrees stronger than my Apex, but, I hit my PW yesterday on the range to a pin at 138. A 1/2 club wind was in my face... I cleared the flag in the air. So, this PW is almost a full club longer! Wow. Same wind, pin at 187, hit the 6 iron to about 184- came up a little short each time... Into a 1/2 club wind. Um, I'm gonna need to club down once with these. Sheesh...

Tried to order a set of Z545 w Nippon shafts and Srixon is hoping to have them first week of June... So I may not get them until late June in Canada.

Despite proclaiming my Apex were not getting replaced this morning. I wandered into the big box store in town who just happened to have a promotion running on their clubs. I've swung these before and they just felt beautiful with the Nippon 980 shafts. I refrained from buying them previously due to the prices we pay in Thailand. Original marked up price was 1220 USD for 4 through to PW, they were then reduced to 980 USD, today with the added promotional discount they worked out at 820 USD.

I had a nano second argument with myself and left the store with them. I'm playing tomorrow morning on a course that has a mixture of damp and dry fairways (due to drainage there) and will be hitting them for real for the first time. I'm all excited now. :banana: Just not sure what to do for a gap wedge and sand wedge now.

How would you compare the forgiveness of the apex vs the 545s?

How would you compare the forgiveness of the apex vs the 545s?

I'll let you know later. First round this morning with the 545's.

Well, I let the cat out of the bag this morning. I showed up to play our local golf association event (PVGA) and surprised Cookie with Z545 irons in the bag. Just received then Thursday. I was going to change the shafts out that night, but circumstances prevented me from getting that done.
I was so excited to get these in play, I just played them with the DG installed. Really enjoyed these. Can't wait to play them with the KBS shafts installed.

Very cool Eddie....welcome to the Srixon Z club!
Extremely pleased after my first round. Can't wait to get the shaft swap done. Expecting to like them even more.

Welcome to the club! I'm partial to my Z545 with Recoils, but I'm sure KBS will treat you well .

Back