Calling all Carolinians

Born and raised Durham NC. Bought a hose 5 miles from my childhood home

About twenty minutes.

Heck of a deal if i lived anywhere close

Agreed.

Mmmmmm.....Calabash shrimp.......and a round of golf.

Man you guys are a bunch of Yankees up in here lol.

Perceptions. :D In Maryland we consider ourselves southern. :alien:

Good one!

I don't either, I keep looking at it from a nostalgic point but it's just waaay too cold for me dude. I do look back at those memories with a lot of happiness though.

I think I've been down South long enuf to not resemble that remark. Plus, I know what real BBQ is, I know that Calabash is a method to fry shrimp AND a town in NC, I love grits, AND I never say "well back home.......".

Perceptions. :D In Maryland we consider ourselves southern. :alien:
Depends on what part of MD.......I'm from St. Mary's Co. which doesnt get any more southern. I grew up cutting tobacco and eating collards.

Guys while we love the local threads and hearing about THPers getting together, we ask that the threads be about that. We offer full random and off topic sections of the forum to discuss regular banter. Thanks.

Guys while we love the local threads and hearing about THPers getting together, we ask that the threads be about that. We offer full random and off topic sections of the forum to discuss regular banter. Thanks.

Understood.

OK......

So should we make a calling all carolina banter away thread to keep this going

In 4 weeks I will be in NC playing golf with THP'ers, life is good :)
I cant think Ron enough for offering to host me, Ron is one of the best guys I have ever met

In 4 weeks I will be in NC playing golf with THP'ers, life is good :)
I cant think Ron enough for offering to host me, Ron is one of the best guys I have ever met
Speaking of which let's show Shane what Carolina golf /Carolina THP is all about. This is what we have so far subject to change but hoping some of you guys can join us.

Thursday March 5
Shane gets in around 11:30
Round at Lonnie Poole in Raleigh around 1-1:30

Friday

Morning tee time at dormie club (sandhills area), Afternoon play 9 or 18 somewhere in the area if we are up for it.

Saturday- Would like to play Two Pinehurst courses probably 4 and 8

Sunday - Pinehurst #2

I am pretty sure G$$ is joining us for the friday and sat rounds not sure about the others. All is subject to change other than sunday but let me know if any of you guys are available on those dates.

As far as rates go all courses will be in their last weekend of winter rates if you want exact pm me I think I have them all. The Pinehurst rates I am unsure of without An overnight stay attached to them however.

Ron,

I'm probably going to join you and Shane for either the Thursday or Friday round. Not sure I can swing both.

I'll try for Thursday.

Ill try for the Lonnie poole round

Count me in for Friday at Dormie.

Back