What is the longest drive you have ever hit?

I honestly don't have a clue. Like JB's story, I had a drive in Vegas that crossed (and bounced a lot) what appeared to be a 17 lane road. I bet it was well over 400 by the time it stopped, fortunately not in the front window of an oncoming car.
I sae that first hand...and have done the same thing on that hole a few years before that

No idea. I've never really had anything to measure how far.

320 on hole #16 at Painted Hills. It may or may not have hit the cart path with an equal chance of rolled down it some. It was still a great hit to where it (may have) hit the cart path. Measured by GPS.

300 yards on a par 4 aided by a nice tailwind. Then I put the approach into a trap and walked away with an 8. Quite a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

305 in a scramble...I thought I hit it well enough to use my drive...then my brother hit his 335...

I honestly don't have a clue. Like JB's story, I had a drive in Vegas that crossed (and bounced a lot) what appeared to be a 17 lane road. I bet it was well over 400 by the time it stopped, fortunately not in the front window of an oncoming car.
When these happen, do you just kind of hide your face with your cap brim and cringe while praying you don't hear brakes screech like I do?

My longest legit drive that was gps measured was at I believe 364. I had a decent breeze behind me, but nothing ridiculous. Hole played slightly downhill but landing area was actually rolling back up hill. I just absolutely launched a high fade in the air. I got yelled at for driving into the group in front of us, who were by the green. I apologized and told them I definitely didn't plan on driving it 360+.

I was playing with beags one time and pulled one left, bouncing down the adjacent road. It took a bounce back towards the green, he gpsd it at just over 4 bills. Obviously total fluke.

What is the longest drive you have ever hit?

Par 4, plays 354 from whites. It was downwind, has three big rollers (deep enough carts disappear between em) on the fairway. I always drive between the second and 3rd roller, leaving around 80 left. We play this course at least once a week, so I'm comfortable with distance here. There was a group on the green (green is slightly blind but we could see tops of heads.). We went ahead and hit our shots. Partner stepped up and hit his normal shot, which is about as described above. I stepped up and I absolutely striped one (which usually means I get to around 80 to pin). Well, when we drive up to look for our balls in the customary location, we find his but not mine. The group on green points to a ball on the green. Somehow, and I still don't know how, I drove the green. Hit it to about 5 feet. The luckiest shot I'll ever hit......then I two putted from 5 ft. Ugh.

Couple I remember.

At Red Rock in Las Vegas - playing a conference scramble about 9 years ago in March - cold raw day with a strong wind. Hit my drive on 15 340 yards into the face of the greenside bunker - probably a 30 mph tail wind.

At the semi-THP event last September at Glen Mills, hit my drive left on the cart path and it rolled down to 30 yards from the green - about 325.

Most recently, last week on #18 at Boulder's South (my 36th hole of the day so I was tired), about 300 yards no wind worth speaking. I was golfing with a couple who just graduated from college and she was on the golf team. I out drove her by about 10 yards - she was a pretty long hitter.

I am sure there are a few other 300+ yd drives but I tend not to remember drives as much as approach shots.

Here's the winner. Of course it's a professional who hit it.

[video=youtube;QXq-ZTPpRQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXq-ZTPpRQ4[/video]

Was playing with a buddy back in Sept that we both get our competitive juices flowing when we tee it up together. This par 4 has a rising fairway up and out to about 270 yds at its peak then it has a nice gradual descent to the green. We both nailed our drives, well at least for two 50ish year olds. They both landed slightly on the downslope and bounced out of site. According to my gps mine rolled out to 315 and he was at 310. To a 390 green that left us with about 80 yds shots to the green. So on the green we're trash talking our drives and a ball rolls down the hill to about 20 yds from the green. We both got a good chuckle from that one.

Par 4, Blues, 300 to the center, light tailwind, Hit a nice Baby Draw down the right side, felt perfect. We all lost sight of it (age), after everyone hit their 2nd we went looking for mine all over (including left rough). No luck, so to keep the pace going I sent the others up to the green, I go back to 50 out (250 avg drive) to hit when the others shout they found it. ??? Their on the green ??? Get up there and they point at my ball 10 yards off the back. Damm. Oooops, Apologize to the group on next tee box. They informed me that the ball carried to just before the green and rolled right passed them (passing the pin 4 feet to the left) and off the back downward slope.. Needless to say for the rest of the round I waiting for the group in front to be a bit further away before teeing it up.

248, and I was so happy I about peed my pants.

410 December 2011 at Nutters Crossing in MD. Pond was frozen and the ball bounced all the way across and made it onto the green. In normal conditions 290-300 a few times here and there.

No idea. I've never really had anything to measure how far.

Interesting and not surprising that two of the longest hitters in this thread both are very modest about their answers.

Their #InternetGolfers card should be revoked.

I had a drive hit something and traveled about 275 last summer.

In the Grandaddy I hit a couple around 250.

I don't know my longest.... Probably playing out in Arizona. You can get some great roll and bounces out there. I did hit one 310 or something a little longer at TCI in Iowa last year but that had some wind and downhill-ness to it.

I don't know, I used to track them, now I'm happy when they're in the middle of the fairway. Or close enough where I can have a good second shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

365 yards. I had a 20mph behind me and it a pretty dry course.
864784b3dfb9155ebc40f70d8d0a9d53.jpg

I've hit a few just past 300, but the most recent long drive was at Mission Inn El Campeon on the front 9. Can't remember what hole it was (the one with the creek running though the fairway) I drove the ball to about 10yds from the water. I'm guessing about 260 or so?

My longest that was on the course, not bounding down the street, was 365. Down wind maybe 15 mph in the baked out Arizona summer. I'd guess I hit it 290 carry with an huge roll. Not my typical drive at all but the hole is WIDE open and one you can put something extra on it and if miss, you're still ok.

I was playing with my Dad,in Florida during Spring Break one year. We came to a Par 4 and waited for the group in front to hit their second shots. Once they got in their carts, we teed off. I knew it was hit well, and right down the middle toward the green. We drove-up to where we thought my ball would be and didn't see it. We looked everywhere... Nothing. So, we got up to the green after my Dad hit and saw nothing there either. I walked toward the tee where the group ahead of us was and asked if they saw a Slazenger... One guy reached into his pocket, tossed me my ball and said, "I'm sorry! It was on the green and thought someone left it there." My jaw hit the floor! 367 yard par 4!

I don't know my longest ever. I've had a couple over 300 yards

Probably 360 with a cart path bounce. I also hit a few at Wolf Creek that were 315+.

Never really measured but I've nailed some cart paths.

Back