New Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges

TheHeez

Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
Saw this yesterday, am definitely looking forward to trying these out this December.

Can't get vid to work!! :mad:

Are they different metal than the MD3 was?

They had me at forged.

Are they different metal than the MD3 was?

Believe so, I thought I read 8260 or 1020? Now I can't remember.

I will be interested if they somehow differentiate from the MD3s besides being forged. I think the MD3s feel fine, and honestly don't get caught up in the whole forged vs cast thing.

signed,

internet golfers everywhere

Haha. It has to be better if its forged. Only chumps play cast.

Having said that, I can't wait to try these out.

signed,

internet golfers everywhere

love it! i thought i was on the "forged or gtfo" train with a previous wedge from a different oem because i hated its sound and feel and found out it was cast. but i really like the feel and performance from my md3 wedges, and obviously these are cast.

I will be interested if they somehow differentiate from the MD3s besides being forged. I think the MD3s feel fine, and honestly don't get caught up in the whole forged vs cast thing.

I don't care about the two either, but one can be bent and the other can only be bent so much.

I don't care about the two either, but one can be bent and the other can only be bent so much.

Wardy needs his 14* flat. :alien:

I want to hit them before I really engage in opinion about whether it makes sense.

Right now I feel very shruggy about the whole thing. Like many, I thought MD3 was sufficient as is.

Don't think its a huge deal, but they sure look awesome!

From PGATour.com

Another notable change is the move away from an 8620 carbon steel cast construction with Mack Daddy 3 to a forged construction — the word "forged" is featured prominently on the back of the head — similar to the forged 1020 carbon steel that was used to create Mack Daddy 2.

I love my MD3 wedges, but I loved the last Callaway Forged offerings too...could be a nice combination. They are very pretty.

I want to hit them before I really engage in opinion about whether it makes sense.

Right now I feel very shruggy about the whole thing. Like many, I thought MD3 was sufficient as is.

well I can tell you that people that I have spoken with that have actually hit these wedges already, they are great wedges in shape and material and control. Since "feel" is subjective based on each person's own take I wont comment on that particular part of the wedge.

Very intrigued to try these out when they hit the stores. The feel of wedges are a big factor for me, so I will be interested to see how these compare to the feel of Callaways other offerings.

Wardy needs his 14* flat. :alien:

True story: Traded in my 50 degree TM wedge and said I wanted the RTX 3 as close to it as possible. Thought it was at 6. Nope, 9. Explains why it never went left.

Md3 are so good. I love the looks of these but it will be hard for me to change my current wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interested in seeing and hearing more about these.

I guess these may have a softer feel being forged but not sure how many will be able to tell the difference. I need a new 54* so I'd like to see these sooner than later.

I'm intrigued. I love my 54*W MD3. Didn't think it could be improved on...can't wait to try them in December.

They may be necessary after I throw my bag into the lake and lose my MD3

I can't wait to get my hands on these. I never really got into the previous versions on the MDs but really intrigued now that these are forged

Back