What are you doing to improve your game?

AshMan

Passionate Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Are you taking lessons?

Hitting the range?

Playing a lot of golf?

Working on your short game?

So what are you doing to get yourself better at golf?

Right now with my foot injury I'm not able to do anything, but I am curious to find out what you are doing?

For me if I didn't have the injury,

Play as much as I can, hit the range, and work on short game.

For me lessons are not in my budget unfortunately, but I'm sure I could use some to improve my ball striking.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hope, prayer and unrealistic expectations :)

Unfortunately not much. Only 6 rounds in September and once so far this month.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been out since May due to an injury and surgery. During that time I spent some time working on positions and tempo and it paid off big time. I'm almost back to 100% since the surgery.

I also just had a lesson for the first time this year (I usually take 10+per year). For the rest of the year it will be steady practice, playing a lot golf, and probably 2 more lessons (one each month).

Are you taking lessons?

Hitting the range?

Playing a lot of golf?

Working on your short game?

So what are you doing to get yourself better at golf?

Right now with my foot injury I'm not able to do anything, but I am curious to find out what you are doing?

For me if I didn't have the injury,

Play as much as I can, hit the range, and work on short game.

For me lessons are not in my budget unfortunately, but I'm sure I could use some to improve my ball striking.

Those are the things that I do to improve my game.

Hitting the range?

Playing a lot of golf?

Primarily that. Since my home course has a $12.00 twilight special, I can afford to play two or three times a week after work. Generally at least one of the days I don't play the course I hit a bucket and work on the short game. The special starts at 4, so this time of year I can play nine, and then maybe squeeze in 2-4 more holes before dark or the sprinklers.

On weekends, I generally play once.

Right now not very much. My season is basically over. I'll play a couple more times but that will be about it. Since the ambition I haven't really practiced much.
I am gonna take a bout a month off from swinging a club to let my hand heal up and refresh. Then I am going to start some winter prep for next year.
Really trying to focus on losing weight and getting stronger. That is probly my biggest priority this winter.
I am then hoping to take some lessons thru the winter and want to do a better job of swinging a golf club more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range, golf, and short game as I gear up for December. I'm going with the swing I've got now and rolling with it. At this point the greatest gains I think I can get will be on and around the green, so that will be the focus until the courses close. Then it's indoors to keep the swing greased in the dome range.

Just finished a string of 5 lessons and have kept up with the practice on my own time at least twice a week.

Chipping around the green from different areas with my sand and pitching wedge. Range time with the mat and without. Playing more golf.

Now I do know I need to spend more time putting and bunker, not enough time spent there.

Range here and there and 3-4 rounds a month. At the range, focusing on irons and sand play - have seen improvements on both, but not where I want to be yet.

If I had more time, I could improve so much faster, but I just don't.

Right now I'm not doing anything in the way of practice.
This past summer I pretty much exclusively played tournaments, league rounds, and the BC Match Play matches so my game is becoming more and more tournament ready.

For me I've been playing a lot of golf. I have recently started taking lessons and hitting the range during my lunch breaks to iron out some issues I've been having.

Lot's of putting drills and I continue to retool my swing with a larger hip turn to reduce the torque on my lower back as I get older. Slow but steady progress and the new X100 shafts in my irons have definitely improved my dispersion.

Just finished a string of 5 lessons and have kept up with the practice on my own time at least twice a week.

Chipping around the green from different areas with my sand and pitching wedge. Range time with the mat and without. Playing more golf.

Now I do know I need to spend more time putting and bunker, not enough time spent there.
I think the best option is to avoid bunkers at all costs? But some days we seem to end up on the beach too often

Range here and there and 3-4 rounds a month. At the range, focusing on irons and sand play - have seen improvements on both, but not where I want to be yet.

If I had more time, I could improve so much faster, but I just don't.
See time is the biggest hurdle for me. Work 12 hour days, so no time for the course after work, and do try to get to the range. Fortunately I get to the course when I have a weekday off when I can but sometimes can't because the kids get that day off too, so then it's maybe the range with some whining from the kids

Lot's of putting drills and I continue to retool my swing with a larger hip turn to reduce the torque on my lower back as I get older. Slow but steady progress and the new X100 shafts in my irons have definitely improved my dispersion.
So were the x100s fit to you after a fitting or just an experiment that is working?

I think the best option is to avoid bunkers at all costs? But some days we seem to end up on the beach too often

Hah Yes! Reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book a few months back he made a little joke of like "The best way to play out of the bunker, is avoiding the bunker."

The problem with bunkers for me is hitting the ball. Even when I draw a line behind the ball(In practice) for whatever reason I hit waaaay too far behind the ball or end up blading it. If I take 20 bunker shots in a row, 2 or 3 will come out smooth and onto the green, but I feel I didn't do anything different than all the other swings.

Hah Yes! Reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book a few months back he made a little joke of like "The best way to play out of the bunker, is avoiding the bunker."

The problem with bunkers for me is hitting the ball. Even when I draw a line behind the ball(In practice) for whatever reason I hit waaaay too far behind the ball or end up blading it. If I take 20 bunker shots in a row, 2 or 3 will come out smooth and onto the green, but I feel I didn't do anything different than all the other swings.
I hear ya there. Either too much sand or thin it out. I really hate those ones where the ball moves like a foot in front of you because you got way under it

I generally work on putting and short game since they are something I can work on at home.

Back