Ordering PROv1x's with black numbers?

Guitarguy35

Reaction score
Handicap
Is it possible to order prov1x golf balls that have black numbers instead of the red. Like a custom order? Thanks!

Is it possible to order prov1x golf balls that have black numbers instead of the red. Like a custom order? Thanks!
Not sure that's possible. It'd be worth probably shooting an email or calling Titleist. I've thought about it as well. Let me know if you find a definite answer.

Not sure that's possible. It'd be worth probably shooting an email or calling Titleist. I've thought about it as well. Let me know if you find a definite answer.

Funny - I'd like to have V1's with red numbers. I'm curious what you find out.

I'm going to call titleist factory tomorrow. I'll let you both know how it goes. I need the performance of the prov1x but find I love the aesthetic of the black and black prov1.

Ordering PROv1x's with black numbers?

They have a ball customizing on their website where you can upload a logo, add personalized text, and choose any number from 00-99. There are colour options for the text, but not for the numbers.

This does not mean it isn't possible, it's just what they have on their site.

Messing with numbers and colors means a long wait as they ship on the slow boat from where they are made.....

Messing with numbers and colors means a long wait as they ship on the slow boat from where they are made.....

Uhmm... Titleist golf balls are made in the USA.

Uhmm... Titleist golf balls are made in the USA.

Actually they have 3 ball plants

#2 North Dartmouth, MA
#3 New Bedford, MA
#4 Thailand

Actually they have 3 ball plants

#2 North Dartmouth, MA
#3 New Bedford, MA
#4 Thailand

Their website does not mention anything about Thailand.

Edit... I do see they have a plant in Thailand although it seems the custom balls are done in MA.

That's what I found, but that's hardly Titleist.com

Im confused. Not sure what you mean. Acushnet is the parent company (well actually its Fila...sort of).
Acushnet creates Titleist. They are pretty darn open about having golf ball plants both here in the US and overseas.

Im confused. Not sure what you mean. Acushnet is the parent company (well actually its Fila...sort of).
Acushnet creates Titleist. They are pretty darn open about having golf ball plants both here in the US and overseas.

I know Acushnet owns Titliest, but that link I found and that you posted is darn near impossible to locate on Titleist.com Here is a direct quote from Titleist, and no mention of any balls being manufactured overseas.

For over 80 years, ALL Titleist golf balls have been manufactured in the greater New Bedford, Massachusetts area. During these eight decades, Titleist has been the design and process technology leader manufacturing golf balls with a wide range of constructions to meet golfers' varying performance needs.
A belief that a better process will result in a better quality and performance product has been constant throughout Titleist's history. An unwavering commitment to continuous improvement and performance and quality excellence are core values of the Titleist tradition.

So I understand they manufacture balls overseas, but they most certainly don't go out of their way to mention it on their website (where a normal consumer would visit). But I'm not American, maybe that's how you guys do things.

Weird, because when I click this link

http://www.titleist.com/company/manufacturing

It says

[FONT=&quot]For over 80 years, Titleist golf balls have been manufactured in the greater New Bedford, Massachusetts area.[/FONT]

Seems to be missing the word "ALL".

Im not bashing the product. I just dont understand the debate honestly. They have 3 golf ball plants. 2 of the three are in New England, a 3rd one is in Thailand. They aren't secretive about it, not to me anyway. I dont think its an indictment of the quality at all. Some companies (including Titleist) manufacture in the states, others don't.

Weird, because when I click this link

http://www.titleist.com/company/manufacturing

It says

Seems to be missing the word "ALL".

Im not bashing the product. I just dont understand the debate honestly. They have 3 golf ball plants. 2 of the three are in New England, a 3rd one is in Thailand. They aren't secretive about it, not to me anyway. I dont think its an indictment of the quality at all. Some companies (including Titleist) manufacture in the states, others don't.

I did not put the word "All" in there... and here's a screenshot to prove it. Although on the US site it doesn't say "all".

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 5.40.44 PM.jpg

No quality debate, I play the ProV1. I have nothing against stuff made overseas. My phones and computers are from China, my TV is from Korea, and my car is from Germany. The whole point was I didn't know they had a plant overseas. Now I do. My point now is they are only partially transparent about it.

Im not doubting you brother.

If it says ALL on that site and not on the US site it means one of two things. Either they updated the US one first and have not as of yet the others. Or all of the balls that are made for that region are made in the US.

Ill be at Titleist HQ in two weeks and will ask as I am going through a pretty big ball presentation.

Im not doubting you brother.

If it says ALL on that site and not on the US site it means one of two things. Either they updated the US one first and have not as of yet the others. Or all of the balls that are made for that region are made in the US.

Ill be at Titleist HQ in two weeks and will ask as I am going through a pretty big ball presentation.

That's cool... I would love to visit the factory sometime. I have 3 prototype balls at home that they sent me, just marked Test. Wonder where they were made.

Back