How long do you wait?

If the injury doesn't go away after a week, I usually halt playing/lighten the load til it gets better.
I played with a sore wrist for most of the beginning of the season, but I wore a brace on it to not further any damage. It got better, but def. took a lot longer than if I hadn't played.
What was the specific area of your game that made you shoot that high of a score? Was it all because of the injury or a mix of injury and just a bad day overall?

If the injury doesn't go away after a week, I usually halt playing/lighten the load til it gets better.
I played with a sore wrist for most of the beginning of the season, but I wore a brace on it to not further any damage. It got better, but def. took a lot longer than if I hadn't played.
What was the specific area of your game that made you shoot that high of a score? Was it all because of the injury or a mix of injury and just a bad day overall?

I'd say it was a mix. My bad shots were terrible and my "injury" swings were extremely inconsistent. Putting wasn't terrible, but getting off the tee box without a penalty was a blessing. I would also say the mental game failed as well.

Hopefully you get to 100% soon and do no further damage. I think most of us probably 'play through it' far more than our docs would recommend.

Agreed and thanks, my brother is a PT and wasn't happy

Sorry about your injury. After any serious type injury, I always wait until the doctor gives the OK to resume playing. My latest injury was a spinal fusion, and the doctor said 1 year without swinging a club! That sucks!

I don't envy that, I'm glad it's not that major. Hope you heal well!

I would see a doctor first. If he determines that you can't do any more permanent damage by playing then continue to play as long as you can manage the pain.

This I did, I'm not thrilled to wear a brace (more like a cast)

I'm sure everyone has been watching this thread with anticipation... finally got a corti shot today. Back in the cast of a brace and hopefully in a few days we are healed up.

I came home to see my old sports medicine doctor and he was just like "wow that's swollen" I guess I waited too long. Which brings the thread full circle.

Glad to hear Joel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't wait long enough ... tore my back up, and already thinking of how to get back to swinging the club ... even had to miss a round some really cool THP'ers this week.

I don't wait long enough ... tore my back up, and already thinking of how to get back to swinging the club ... even had to miss a round some really cool THP'ers this week.

It sucks but gotta let it heal

Back