Hybrids and How Many

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
How many do you guys carry? I recently dropped my 4i for a 4h. Debating a 5h

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I carry 1 now, but could carry a bag full honestly. I love the hollow body design.

I carry 1. I could see myself swapping a 2h or 3h in for the 4 wood at some point.

I carry a 3, 4, and 5 hybrid. You have to be a bit careful about the loft gapping to make sure that each club has a distinct purpose, but I have hit more good shots with the 5h in the last three years than I had with a 5 iron in the decade before that.

I carry one: a 22° 4 hybrid (lofted up to 24°). It's kind of my 200 yard club, and mainly my 'hit a long shot out of the rough' club. I also will play bump-and-run chips with it. I'm not a hybrid guy per se, but I will always have one in the bag for those specialty shots.

I only carry 1 , a 21* H1 turned all the way down as a 3I replacement.

None, I use a 4W, 7W and 9W and my irons start with the 5i. This is the first time I have no hybrids in the bag since I picked up the original TM Rescue Mid.

2 with a 4h and 5h. Still learning how to properly hit them but the learning curve is already an improvement over a 4i and 5i.

I carry 1 but its seldomly used

I carry 3 and 4 hybrid. Absolutely love them both

Most of the time, 2.

Replaced my 4i and 5i.

Only a 21*.

I've got two an 18 and 22 degree.

I only have two - a 4h and 5h. I don't hit them too often as I find I hit the 4i better for most shots.

Just one for me, a 4h, thought it's 22* and crazy long so I kinda consider it a 3.5h lol. From there I go to 5i below and 5W above - I carried 3h at one point but found I didn't consistently hit it any further than the 4h, and that I needed the higher launch of the fairway wood to fit the desired gap.

I carry 3 hybrids 2,3,4 right now. Hard pondering adding a 5H

I have 3....3, 4 & 5....Thinking about picking up a 6....I am a lousy long iron player,,,Hybrids have helped my game more than any other club that I have ever bought!

Currently zero. My 2h used to be the greatest thing ever... Now I'm leaning towards UTs and irons big time, even with the distance errors here and there.

I am in the same boat. I love my 4h and likely should pull the trigger on the 5h.

2 right now. Will for sure keep 1 going forward but have thought about adding a third

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry 2. A 3h and a 5h, if the Apex came in a 16* head I would carry that and drop my 3w.

I bring two hybrids : 19 and 25

No fairway woods for time being.

Love hybrids. I play Tour Edge Trilogy 17*, 23, 26* and love them. My only gripe is they don't make a 6h.

So I bought the Bertha 4 and 6 and like them so far so I have the 3,5 and 7 coming this week. If this works I'll have a 19/22/25/28/32 setup. And my irons are Altitudes which are hollow body and hybrid like. I'll take easy every day over looks.

1 (15.5) 2 (18) and 4 (22). No fairway woods. Occasionally I will hit the 4 longer than the 2, but they are for about 225, 210, and 200, respectively.

only 1 right now at 21*. it slots in really well with my current setup, but that's assuming i hit my 5i on the button; if i don't (i mean, WHEN i don't), the gapping is more pronounced. i would consider going to a 5h to replace my 5i. i think it's just ego holding me back.

Back