The Junior Club Challenge

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I've got a few buddies who I play regularly with, and one of them brings his five year old out to the course to 'hit' some balls while we play on Wednesday nights. Curiosity naturally took hold and I decided to hit the driver one night... Which, thanks to the wet pool noodle of a shaft, went screaming right.

Anyways, it led to some banter and eventually a bet between myself and AMart.. I'd play the junior clubs (plus my putter) from the 6,100 tees against him from the 6,600 tees straight up. For some context, I'm somewhere between 0-3 throughout the year, and AMart is somewhere between 7-11. The set makeup of the junior clubs is W-7-5-H-3w-DR I think.

Here are my swings with a 7 iron (hit about 145ish slight fade) and driver (hit about 220ish with a 15 yard fade);

[video=youtube;0Wl8-QfmP0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wl8-QfmP0Y[/video]

Who do you like? Will it be a close match if we ever play it? How do you think you'd fair in a round with Junior clubs?

Amart will spank you. I have tried taking some swings with my sons clubs and there is no way but I would love to see you try.

It will be a hilarious experiment. I couldn't event make proper contact if I tried

My kids are amazed when I hit their jr clubs at the range. They complain about them because they want to hit mine so I take a few swings to show them it's not the clubs fault for bad shots. I'm only 5'8" and have a slow swing speed so I can keep the clubs under control.

A full round would be interesting. If you could get off the tee safely with the driver I think you could take him!

I don't think I will fair well. It would be a a fun watch though. I'll put my money on Canadan

I remember Amart :D
From the same distance, I take Amart. From 500 yards further, I take the shorter distance and Canadan.

I remember Amart :D
From the same distance, I take Amart. From 500 yards further, I take the shorter distance and Canadan.

His fancy bachelor life and drug shuffling duties are claiming far too much of his time.

We should poke him with 7 irons until he posts more than twice a month again.

Amart will spank you. I have tried taking some swings with my sons clubs and there is no way but I would love to see you try.
Ditto, I've tried my daughters driver a couple times, seems almost impossible, but would be a fun follow for sure.

I'm gonna go with Canadan on this one, with the shorter distance.

I have hit a couple of my daughter's clubs (she is 11) on the range. The 5 wood was surprisingly easy to hit off the deck, and the 7 iron was usable. Driver was iffy, but I could see 200-ish, probably, if I spent some time with it. Given the shorter length of the clubs, I could clearly skull a wedge just as well with the kids clubs as my own.

This match needs to happen. Perfect for the Ohio golf "silly season".

EDIT: Started re-thinking about the driver distance... Anything close to 200, and I would take it.

hahahaha no faith!!! I figured the videos of me actually making decent contact would make it a decent argument... At least I'm not playing left handed (no bueno!!).

I'm going to back my Cap out of blind loyalty...but I'm guessing you get spanked or the shaft of that driver snaps...

Am I the only one that sees Dan swing those ridiculous clubs, realize his swing STILL looks a million times better than mine and hate him for it?

I take WunderSwing in a 5 stroke W.

Amart may never post here again after taking this L.

Last edited:
Sad, I have a feeling I would crush that thing :/

Hahaha, this idea is hilarious. I love it. I think it's close-ish, but Dan prevails because he got game.

MWard - LOL. It's odd when things make you feel good and bad at the same time.

Regular putter tells me all I need to know. Put me down for the captain.

DO It!

JoT9Qw.png

I would fair ok, hit my sons clubs a few times, they didn't go badly. just a bit hunched over really.

I think Dan can win this. Not only backing him because he's my captain, but also because I've hit my sons clubs and hit them decently. so it can be done.

I don't know the participants, but I'm going to say the THPer hitting the junior clubs is going to lose (sorry, bro). Not enough familiarity with any of those clubs across 18 holes.

Back