Opinions on 2016 Srixon Soft Feel Ball- Feels too soft???

myspinonit

Reaction score
Feedback on the new 2016 Srixon Soft Feel anyone?

There was some buzz on the 2016 version on pre-release and I was anxious to try them after hearing the podcast for THP. Haven't seen much since the new version came out from users other than more pre-release posts. Interested in opinions, and below is my perhaps incomplete first impression.

Me, senior, very moderate swingspeed, around 80 with driver now. Played Pro V1 and NXT Tours almost exclusively till started using prior version Soft Feel this summer when I realized my swingspeed drop over the winter required some changes. Played the SF exclusively after trying them. Loved the improved accuracy with less spin off driver with at least similar distance. Maybe half a club longer with irons. I get good spin so no prob with holding greens.

No sign of the 2016 in Canada yet. In fact, the major retailer, GolfTown doesn't even list the Soft Feel on the website. So whether they will be available other than at smaller independent stores/clubs is a question to me.

So now I'm on vacation in Maui. The 2016 Soft Feel is here. Picked up a box of them and a box of the Callaway Supersoft. Hadn't tried the SS before (or really any soft ball, other than a prior version of the Chrome Soft -didn't like it as it felt so different probably - when I was playing firmer balls a year or so ago and had more swingspeed).

The 2015 Soft Feels that I had with me play fine in the Maui wind, and so do the Supersoft. I might like the Supersoft a bit better, but no big difference in my short comparison. However the 2016 Soft Feel may not have any performance issues- other than I can't feel the ball at all. On full shots, on putts ( they do putt great however!!). So if I'm short on irons (has happened a few times) I'm not getting any feedback/sound of a possible mishit. I like to get a bit of feedback, and I don't seem to be getting any.

Only have used one sleeve of the new version- supposed to be 60 compression from around 70. So not a full test. Plus maybe I'm more conscious of things and overthinking things since I'm playing in different conditions in Maui ( wind, heat, turf) than normal so there are some variables.

But, as I like to play the same ball for consistency, I think my new ball will probably be the SuperSoft, for a few dollars more. I also won't have concerns about availability when I get back to Canada.

Interested in other opinions and/or info on (pending?) availability of the 2016 SF in Canada.

Thanks.

For me these are the best Balls for the money out there. I really enjoy them and have had a lot of success with them.
I haven't noticed a lot of what you are talking about but I am probly not as receptive to that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me these are the best Balls for the money out there. I really enjoy them and have had a lot of success with them.

I totally agree with that. Srxion Soft Feels have become my #1 ball of choice

I'll be curious to try this ball. Was selected by another forum to test these. Just waiting on them to arrive to compare to my Supersoft gamer.

I am a big fan of the SF and the Q Star. I don't know which one I like better, but I think I may lean towards the SF.
The SF stops purty quick for me on the greens and putts very well.

edit to add: I scored 2 doz on eBay for $25

Last edited:
I picked up a dozen Soft Feel a week ago to give a try this fall. I played them for about 9 holes on Sunday. It could just be me but I went back to the Q Star I normally use for my back 9 and I was able to drive the ball much better with the Q Star. Not sure what it was about them but I just felt like the ball came of my driver face hotter with the Q star than the Soft Feel. I'll certainly experiment with them some more this fall but so far my impression is that I like the Q star better.

I'll be curious to try this ball. Was selected by another forum to test these. Just waiting on them to arrive to compare to my Supersoft gamer.

Will be interested in your thoughts. Reading some replies, none seemed to specifically mention trying the 2016 model (the one with "new" on the box corner). They did feel and sound softer than the 2015- on all clubs for me in my short try with a couple of balls this past week.

Eli Miller, from Srixon, sent me a message of Twitter a couple of weeks ago suggesting I give the new SF balls a try. I've now played 2 18s and 2 9s with them and love them. They perform just as good as the Chrome Soft + I usually play and the SF balls cost half the price. I've been working on swing improvements lately so I'm sure most of my score has to do with that but my scores have been lower than average since putting the SF balls in play, including a PB 5 over 40 tonight after work.

They feel great from driver to putter and check very nice on the greens.

Will be ordering a couple dozen more tomorrow.

I played the older SF's in cool weather a couple of years ago. They were fine for me at the time but I went to the Bridgestone Treosofts and am now playing the Callaway Supersoft's. I may try a dozen of the new SF's when it turns cooler down here.

The new soft feel is a great ball. My driver swing speed is only a bit more than yours, (low 90's) and they go plenty far. As far as irons go, I haven't had any problem getting them to stick on the greens(they will stay within 3 feet of the pitch mark) I have managed to spin a few of them back. I wouldn't give up on them, play them a few rounds. great ball at a great price.

Back