The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Atlanta is hot garbage. Nets are threatening to take a 3-2 series lead and head back to Brooklyn with a chance to close out.

Atlanta is hot garbage. Nets are threatening to take a 3-2 series lead and head back to Brooklyn with a chance to close out.

Hawks get it done in the final few minutes. They had better close it out in Brooklyn on Friday.

Hawks get it done in the final few minutes. They had better close it out in Brooklyn on Friday.

I see this going 7. Atlanta probably wins this series but will struggle against Washington

Huh? :confused2:

Atlanta stinks.
Will probably do their best to lose game 6 but win the series in game 7.
Will be lucky to survive against Washington next round

Atlanta stinks.

They didn't obtain the best record this year and win their division by stinking. Something had to be right to win all those games.

They didn't obtain the best record this year and win their division by stinking. Something had to be right to win all those games.

And regular season win count means just as much as shooting percentage during warm ups. I watched the Cavs go back to back 60 win seasons including a 66-16 and get eliminated before the finals.

And regular season win count means just as much as shooting percentage during warm ups. I watched the Cavs go back to back 60 win seasons including a 66-16 and get eliminated before the finals.

We'll see about that and if they wrap up this series, it's game on.

So Kevin Love is now officially out for the playoffs and a lot longer than that:

It should've been over already. They haven't played well at all over the past month. Showed signs of it tonight, but give credit to Brooklyn, too. Joe Johnson got hot tonight down the stretch and they had me nervous. Those past Hawk teams would've lost a game like this. I'm pretty confident they'd win a game 7 if it got there, but I really hope they close it out in Brooklyn.

So Kevin Love is now officially out for the playoffs and a lot longer than that:

This is so disappointing for so many reasons.

Love can't prove his worth.
Dingleberry who injured him gets one game.
Cavs are weaker without him.

This is so disappointing for so many reasons.

Love can't prove his worth.
Dingleberry who injured him gets one game.
Cavs are weaker without him.
Yeah, they keep saying it wasn't intentional and just repeated but the dude puts some weight on that arm when its extended and locked up. Now that he is suspended, all of a sudden maybe it was slightly intentional and everyone's view shifted. It sucks bad cause Love was coming on strong for awhile

Quick question for the Cavs fans, or anyone else: what should Olynyk's suspension/punishment be?

Also, if the Cavs lose before the Finals, I'd say that Love has proven his worth. He will likely get a max deal wherever he plays next year, regardless, assuming he declines his player option.

Atlanta stinks.

f407a3f6132c693f32e6f0bdd007cde2.jpg

Quick question for the Cavs fans, or anyone else: what should Olynyk's suspension/punishment be?

Also, if the Cavs lose before the Finals, I'd say that Love has proven his worth. He will likely get a max deal wherever he plays next year, regardless, assuming he declines his player option.

It's hard to say what the punishment should be because no matter what it is it will seem like not enough. The play did cause a terrible injury but it wasn't even whistled as a foul during the game. To me, the refs need punished for this crap just as much as Olynyk

I needed a new avatar. Perfection.

I hate to say it bit I think J. R. Smith needed more punishment for his. He straight punched him in the face

I hate to say it bit I think J. R. Smith needed more punishment for his. He straight punched him in the face

I completely agree. In no way do I think Olynyk's punishment should exceed that of Smith's. You could at least argue that Olynyk did not intentionally mean to injure Love (which I don't think he did, just trying to impede him from getting the rebound, but that's neither here nor there), but there is no doubt that Smith knew what he was doing. He straight up cold-cocked Crowder.

Artest got 7 games for elbowing Harden in the head, causing him to miss 1 regular season game and 6 games in the playoffs.

Agree. Both are bad, but I thought Smith's was worse. I do hate Love will miss that much time though.

What the heck got into the bulls?!?!

Woke up and saw the Clippers won. I thought they were done in the 2nd qtr and I turned it off. I'm sure anyone would much rather see them instead of the Spurs going forward.

Woke up and saw the Clippers won. I thought they were done in the 2nd qtr and I turned it off. I'm sure anyone would much rather see them instead of the Spurs going forward.

Looking forward to my home boys playing well tonight! Go Hawks!! :bomb:

I'd rather see the Spurs because they'll beat the piss out of Houston to my delight.

Spurs/Clippers headed to the 4th with the Clippers up 1. Great game so far.

Back