Bumping. I am really wanting to treat myself to a new or lightly used putter, preferably a Piretti as I have kind of an affinity for them, as my one splurge with a bit of my tax return/work bonus money. I want to make sure that it's the best fit for me so I plan on getting fit. However, I have never been fit for a putter and so have no bearing on what a fitting should cost, what places will be good, and the like. Any input you putter aficionados out there may have? Only fitters I can find near me are:

-Pro shop at the driving range and at one local course has a Ping putter fit system
-Indoor golf lab does a 45 minute fitting that runs $60, but all he carries is component heads - not sure if this matters
-There is a Callaway Performance Center, but evidently they are changing over to a Nike Performance Center - I know nothing about what Nike offers though. The only Nike Performance Center I know of is in Scotland, but it is indeed supposed to be amazing.

And that's about it. I've talked to the pro at the box store (Pro Golf Discount) because I've used him for full swing lessons pretty successfully, but he's very wishy washy about putter fitting and believes that how you set up your putter is pure personal preference.

Bumping again for the above, can anybody offer guidance?

A 1 hour putter fitting is $100 at Modern Golf. That's probably where I'd go if I were to get one.
Otherwise I can inquire at Northview for you.

A 1 hour putter fitting is $100 at Modern Golf. That's probably where I'd go if I were to get one.
Otherwise I can inquire at Northview for you.

Can't hurt, if you get the chance. Don't go out of your way to ask though.

$100 isn't too bad for a legit place like Modern Golf, especially when you factor in the exchange rate it's actually $80. It's a possibility depending on what I hear from the Swinomish Performance Center.

Can't hurt, if you get the chance. Don't go out of your way to ask though.

$100 isn't too bad for a legit place like Modern Golf, especially when you factor in the exchange rate it's actually $80. It's a possibility depending on what I hear from the Swinomish Performance Center.

And I just looked it up, a full bag at Modern in Surrey is CA$325, which with the exchange rate right now is only about $250. That's worth thinking about.

And I just looked it up, a full bag at Modern in Surrey is CA$325, which with the exchange rate right now is only about $250. That's worth thinking about.
That's not bad at all. In fact they must have dropped their price because it was 400 not long ago.

Business must be slow. They just opened last year.

Possibly. At any rate, that price has me pondering. That would be a really fun way to spend 4 hours, and I'd get all my specs to boot.

Back