Greetings from Vegas

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi THPers,

I've been spending a little more time here lately, reading many of the great threads. There is a wealth of information available here. I'm grateful to those in the community who take time to answer questions, review equipment, and just hang out. :)

A little about me: I've lived in Las Vegas for the last 10 years, but I'm originally from northern Utah. I'm not sure which location is better for golfing. You can play nearly year round in Vegas, but its more expensive than Utah. Plus Utah seems to have much better practice facilities. I'm always surprised by how few driving ranges there are in Vegas, especially based on how many courses there are. I wish there was a Mulligans-style range with a good short game practice area. Taylormade is the closest there is, but I don't love the range or the short game area. Oh well.

A little about my game: I'm in my mid-thirties and I've been playing golf on a very recreational level since I was bout 15 or 16. I didn't play more than 3-4 times a year until I moved to Las Vegas, and I haven't really played more until the last 5 years or so. I'm a fairly consistent, although short, player. I don't suffer from much of a hook or slice, although I my miss is usually a push towards the right side of the fairway. My short game sucks, mainly because I haven't ever put much effort into practicing it. I'm hoping to change that this year though.

I have three kids, and my oldest is a 13 year old boy. He has shown an interest in golf lately, so I've got him some lessons and we play the back 9 of a local course every Saturday. Its been great for my game as well as his, plus its nice to have something we do together on a regular basis. Here's a picture from our latest outing:

IMG_4723_zpssbrmtdsg.jpg

Anyway, glad to be here.

Welcome to thp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! Which course is that in your pic?

Welcome to THP! Which course is that in your pic?

Thanks!

Its Rhodes Ranch on the SW side of town. I would consider it my "home course."

Welcome to THP!

What part of town do you live in?

Welcome to THP!

What part of town do you live in?

I live in the SW, in Mountain's Edge. Used to live in south Summerlin until about 2 years ago. Right next to Bishop Gorman (current #1 in HS football, if you follow that sort of thing).

Welcome to thp.

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

welcome to thp

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

I'm headed to Vegas the Saturday after Thanksgiving and will be staying at Caesars Palace. I'm attending a seminar that will run until 1:00 every day but will have a rental car.

The last time I was in Vegas I played at Angel Park (twice) but it might be a little too far from Caesars for an afternoon round. Can you suggest any courses closer to Caesars that are not too challenging? I'm 69, love to play, and a mid-teen handicapper. Since you mentioned driving ranges... do you know of any near Caesars that I can practice at if I don't have time for a round of golf?

Welcome to THP - I think you'll like it here.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP !!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Back