Callaway golf customer service is fantastic!!!

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
I called Callaway golf, to discuss my 2014 Big Bertha

It has a line going from the hosel toward the toe.
Everytime I play, the line gets longer.
The said it was probably a crack, and the crown was separating.

She offered to upgrade me to an XR16. With the same loft and 565 speeder stiff shaft.
Heck yeah!!!!!
They are sending me the XR16, and I return the BB.
She even told me to try both shafts, and send back the one I didn't like.
No cost or shipping either way.

Callaway is great!!

Hope I like the XR 16 and speeder shaft.

Nice man!Callaway gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their great customer service is one of the big reasons why my bag is full of their products.

I really like the XR16, hope you hit it well!

Same here. Great service every time.

They just get it.

In an environment where everyone produces good gear exceptional customer service is a real differentiator. Some companies still don't get it, or if they do get it they can't execute on it.

I gonna tell everyone about how good they treated me.

I posted a long one in the Preowned thread, but I ordered a couple clubs and they were set to arrive last Wednesday. After the driver deeming my house not "safe enough" to leave (there is a gate, leave it behind the gate!!!) it 2 days in a row I called UPS and asked them about leaving it. Well, Friday the driver again didn't leave the package and per Callaway policy it would be sent back to Austin and UPS would only change to have it picked up at their DC if they were instructed to by Callaway.... It was Friday at 4:30 PM Pacific, Callaway CS for direct sales and preowned closed at 5pm Central (3pm PST). I checked the website and their corporate office was open until 7pm Central so by this point I had 20 minutes.

I called an got a hold of a young guy who was super friendly and I feel bad that I don't remember his name. I explained the situation, and he politely told me "not really my department.... but give me the tracking number and your info". He then asked if he could put me on hold (heck yes), and a few minutes later he came back and asked for my phone number. Put me back on hold for another minute at most then came back on the line to tell me that UPS would be calling me to give me details on where and when I could pick up my package. I asked how he pulled it off, and he said he just called UPS, told them he was from callaway and that the customer was going to pick up the package.

It was late on a Friday, but this guy went out of his way on something that was definitely not under his domain (not even his department). He was super friendly, amazingly helpful that again, I am a total ass for not remembering his name.

That's incredible. Love reading this

Good for you. I love the customer service at Callaway.

awesome stuff here. Its nice to hear there are still companies (not just in golf but in anything) that treat you like a human and do the right thing. Nowadays that is becoming more and more the rare and can actually be extremely frustrating at times. So thumbs up for Caly on this :)

That is awesome. Callaway does it right for sure

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

There are two circumstances under which people will talk about a company's customer service - fall short of or exceed expectations. So-so customer service just meets expectations and is rarely discussed. I don't know what the OP's expectations were in regard to a 2014 product but I doubt they included being offered an upgrade to a newer driver.

That's awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about Callaway Customer Service and see that they do go above and beyond

Great to hear, Callaway does take care of their customers! So its no surprise.

There are two circumstances under which people will talk about a company's customer service - fall short of or exceed expectations. So-so customer service just meets expectations and is rarely discussed. I don't know what the OP's expectations were in regard to a 2014 product but I doubt they included being offered an upgrade to a newer driver.

I really expected them to ask me for receipt, fingerprints, send the club back at my expense.

Then they would take 60 days to evaluate it.

Charge me $125+ shipping to upgrade to a newer/lowest priced model.

I couldn't believe how they handled it.

Callaway knows how to treat customers

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Enjoy that XR16

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My club arrived today!!! Callaway is awesome!!!

I called Callaway preowned on a Friday asking for price protection on a xr16 fwy I had bought. By Tuesday I had $41 credit on my paypal account. They also changed my trade in request with no problem.

I love my Mizuno irons, but next time I will look at Callaway first!!!

So I ordered a Udesign/Custom Epic SZ an inch short @ 44.5". It has been backordered for a while (originally said 6-8 weeks, we are right at week 4 now) and after trying a short club (F7 @ 44.25") and a longer club (G400 @ 45.75") I was not seeing much different dispersion and possibly some more distance with the longer club so called in to see if I could change back to stock length.

My customer service rep (Alan, super helpful) said that if we change anything, we will have to cancel it, then place a new order and it could delay it even further.... to prevent this, he is going to send me out a standard length shaft now, with a prepaid return label at no charge. When I get my driver in, decide which one works best and send the other one back at zero charge to me....

Mind blown. They are going to pay shipping both ways for me, just awesome stuff to help me get my club as quick as possible.

So I ordered a Udesign/Custom Epic SZ an inch short @ 44.5". It has been backordered for a while (originally said 6-8 weeks, we are right at week 4 now) and after trying a short club (F7 @ 44.25") and a longer club (G400 @ 45.75") I was not seeing much different dispersion and possibly some more distance with the longer club so called in to see if I could change back to stock length.

My customer service rep (Alan, super helpful) said that if we change anything, we will have to cancel it, then place a new order and it could delay it even further.... to prevent this, he is going to send me out a standard length shaft now, with a prepaid return label at no charge. When I get my driver in, decide which one works best and send the other one back at zero charge to me....

Mind blown. They are going to pay shipping both ways for me, just awesome stuff to help me get my club as quick as possible.

Wow. That's awesome I've never heard of a company going that far to do that. Reason number 100007 why I love Callaway

Bought a set of X-hot Irons 3 years ago from callaway pre-owned. . Pw snapped at the hosel last week. They're fixing it for free.

in the o-works red and black thread, i posted this about some cosmetic issues i've noticed. got a random pm last week from odyssey saying they saw my post and were concerned, please send us your email address. received the follow-up email today and we'll see what comes of it. honestly if nothing comes of it that's 100% fine with me, it's just the fact that THEY REACHED OUT TO ME that i found crazy impressive.

Back