Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I dont think it was, I was looking for courses that were on the schedule this year
Yeah I think you're right Mike. Neither is Olde Stonewall.

We could play Oakmont though... i know 441 loves hitting hybrids into greens on part 4s.

If it was just me driving alone, I'd consider staying in Columbus Thu night at my brother's place & driving to Lexington early Friday morning.

If enough people want to go down Thursday night, I'd be OK with that too. I have a Toyota Sienna that fits 5 comfortably with room for clubs & clothes (6 in a pinch).

I live in Columbus and am driving down Thursday mid day possibly night. And heading home sunday after the round. I drive a SUV so plenty of room. If you needed a ride.

With all the traveling I am doing I'll probably need to May the Kentucky event a Friday round, golf Sat and dinner then head back that night.

I haven't seen much discussion of driving arrangements for Old Silo. Who's going down & leaving when? Does anyone need a ride?

I haven't seen much discussion of driving arrangements for Old Silo. Who's going down & leaving when? Does anyone need a ride?

Ive talked to PhillyV here and there about the ride down, I think between your minivan and mine we could get everyone down there and back (assuming we were all staying the same time) if thats something we want to do.

I know Rob is working til 8am on Friday so my plan was to hit the road for KY at 8:30

With the second Pittsburgh sign up today and some of us shooting for LIITA next week, I'm sure once the sign ups are over and we all know what we're doing we can make some solid travel plans

Anyone play Deer Pass Golf Course? Livingsocial has a deal for it right now.

Never played it but it looks pretty decent. Right in that golf rich Medina area. What's the deal on Livingsocial? Doesn't look to be that pricey of a course in general.

Never played it but it looks pretty decent. Right in that golf rich Medina area. What's the deal on Livingsocial? Doesn't look to be that pricey of a course in general.
37 bucks for a twosome with cart on the weekends. Has to be used within 120 days, so early June.

37 bucks for a twosome with cart on the weekends. Has to be used within 120 days, so early June.

Not bad, that's 2 for 1 peak time weekend rates.

I am leaving Columbus on Thursday and returning Sunday after round. Plenty of room if someone needs a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We doing this deer pass deal?

We doing this deer pass deal?

I'm passing on Deer Pass. Especially if I get into Olde Stonewall - my wife's not too keen on the "golf in April" idea as it is.

For those of you going to Olde Stonewall: There is a golf show called "18 holes with Jimmy Hanlin" (I think on Fox Sports Ohio) - one of those episodes they hit Olde Stonewall. Of course I deleted it last year, but hopefully they'll repeat it sometime soon.

http://www.jimmyhanlin.com/pages/18_holes_with_jimmy_hanlin

For those of you going to Olde Stonewall: There is a golf show called "18 holes with Jimmy Hanlin" (I think on Fox Sports Ohio) - one of those episodes they hit Olde Stonewall. Of course I deleted it last year, but hopefully they'll repeat it sometime soon.

The video is buried in the Olde Stonewall thread, someone posted it either yesterday or this morning

Good old Jimmy!!!

I'll either be flying into Lexington Thursday night or driving down with you guys. Dependent on my client here in NJ.

I've never played Deer Pass, but been curious as I have driven by it many times when living in Columbus. Sounds like that Livingsocial deal is pretty decent, but as an FYI, Deer Pass is on GolfNow all the time with Hot Deals being >$20 every time I've seen it, and usually closer to $12-$15 for 18 & a cart. I know GolfNow is time restrictive, though, so take it for what it's worth. I'd think with 120 days to plan, you could get a better deal from GN by planning on a day in advance and booking the Hot Deal as soon as it appears. They generally drop in price as the tee time approaches, but I'm thinking even when they are first put up they'd be at least equal to $16.50 per golfer, depending on the day. Plus, I love booking through GolfNow because of the rewards program. Last season, I booked just over 50 rounds through the website, and received almost $100 in rewards through GN/ Cleveland/ Srixon. Basically, I got 3 dozen Z-Stars, and bought a nice Adidas windbreaker vest for $8, through the GolfNow rewards. Just my thoughts.

I am looking forward to checking out Deer Pass this spring, as it's one of the last courses within 30 minutes of Cuy. Falls I haven't checked out yet. I've heard that it's a really fun course and well maintained, but the noise from the 76/ 71 interchange can be annoying to someone who's easily distracted. I'm sure someone here has played there and could comment on conditions, layout, and the noise better than I can.

Well my wife just mentioned Florida for the weekend...sooooo you never know.

Well my wife just mentioned Florida for the weekend...sooooo you never know.

It's hard for me to come back from Florida in February.

It's hard for me to come back from Florida in February.

No kidding hard to pass up, but trying to fit in between coming back from
NJ next Thursday then having to go back the following Monday it would be crazy. 3 days in Florida or 3 in Ohio. #ScaleTipped

Anyone ever played Houston Oaks in Paris? I grew up there and have only made it back once to play.

In KY you get a lot of bang for your buck for golf courses. Olde Silo is only $49 during the summer prime time season.

Back